Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook (1628 Views)

Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / 7 Reasons You Should Stop Chewing Gum / How To Cook Nigerian Fish Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2016
Some guys I know don’t consider cooking a worthwhile venture. Besides the occasional stint behind the grill, they’d rather bask in blissful ignorance than feed themselves in more than 3 steps: stab, chew, swallow.

But ask any woman (or man that already knows how) why it is better to be a kitchen savvy dude and you’ll start to see what these guys are missing.

Whether it’s because they think it takes too much time, too much effort or wrongly assume it’s a woman’s job, men who never learn to cook are losing a huge opportunity to take their man skills to the next level.

1. Chicks dig it

There isn’t a woman alive immune to a man who can make her a delicious meal. If you’re as unblessed as I am in the looks, charm and money department, options for bagging the love of your life are limited. That’s where cooking comes in. On the second date with naughtynaughty, she literarily fell in love with me because i knew how to cook her favorite meal.. Okpa... grin

2. Life skills are manly

You can fix your car, hunt wild animals and build a camp fire. Shouldn’t you know how to feed yourself without a drive-thru?

3. You’ll save money

Though there’s a good chance you’re single if you never learned to cook (see point #1), a home cooked meal is a much cheaper date night (or singles night) than dinner for two at Chez Fancy—particularly with the 150% wine mark up common at most restaurants.

4. It’s faster than going out

Fancy date meals aside, cooking at home is almost always faster than going out—so long as you know what you’re doing. Once you have a few basic skills down, you can stop wasting your time in fast food spots simply because you don’t know what else to eat.

5. You might lose weight

Cooking is one of the easiest ways to improve your diet and stick to reasonable portions. This is a recipe for weight loss, if you’re willing to swallow it. If you have no interest in cooking for any of the above reasons, then do it for love: love for yourself and for your family. Processed foods are the devil’s cuisine. This is a fact. Only last week, a new report that the chemicals that combine to make them more-ish are addictive and make you fat. So ditch the convenience, learn to cook, and give yourself and your loved ones a healthy future.

6 You might like it

Cooking is relaxing, fun, creative, purposeful and, hopefully, delicious. Why wouldn’t you want to add this skill to your tool belt?

7.Therapy for the mind

Busy day at work? Cook. Kids freaking you out? Cook? Bad news about an old friend? Cook, cook, cook. Cooking is an incredible therapy for when you’re feeling stressed. It focuses the mind, forces you to concentrate on your ingredients, method, temperatures and times.It locks you away in the kitchen rather than shouting at everyone in the living room. It is the best form of mind therapy. And then you get to eat nice stuff!

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by ikbnice(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
I am a Chef.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by youngaz(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
LOL!!!!........i see no reason why i shuldn't no ao to cook.....i use to tel d 2 girls ave eva dated in mah lyf dat if u dnt cook 4 me coz u are angry,i will cook d meal we are both gonna eat dat day and truth is.......it might taste beta dan urs
#StillWaiting.........4 d right woman
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by iykekelvins(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2016
SANDOSKI bae, when we get married
I'd cook for you your favourite meals wink
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by cassidy1996(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sometimes, i love cooking....
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
iykekelvins:
SANDOSKI bae, when we get married

I'd cook for you your favourite meals wink

OMG...M blushingwinkwink

Swithrt, I love you so much....kisskiss feeling like a Queen

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by waxxydude: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Just when you start cooking for a woman you shouldn't see washing her undies as disparaging.

Bullsh*t.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by obiorathesubtle: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2016
Now this is a FrontPage Worthy thread..

But unfortunately, it has no snakes on it.. Smh.. Pity..

I've always thought cooking is for women.. I have sisters, so I never really paid attention to the kitchen.. Now it's hard for me
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by rosieluv(f): 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Cutehector:
Some guys I know don’t consider cooking a worthwhile venture. Besides the occasional stint behind the grill, they’d rather bask in blissful ignorance than feed themselves in more than 3 steps: stab, chew, swallow.

But ask any woman (or man that already knows how) why it is better to be a kitchen savvy dude and you’ll start to see what these guys are missing.

Whether it’s because they think it takes too much time, too much effort or wrongly assume it’s a woman’s job, men who never learn to cook are losing a huge opportunity to take their man skills to the next level.

1. Chicks dig it

There isn’t a woman alive immune to a man who can make her a delicious meal. If you’re as unblessed as I am in the looks, charm and money department, options for bagging the love of your life are limited. That’s where cooking comes in. On the second date with naughtynaughty, she literarily fell in love with me because i knew how to cook her favorite meal.. Okpa... grin

2. Life skills are manly

You can fix your car, hunt wild animals and build a camp fire. Shouldn’t you know how to feed yourself without a drive-thru?

3. You’ll save money

Though there’s a good chance you’re single if you never learned to cook (see point #1), a home cooked meal is a much cheaper date night (or singles night) than dinner for two at Chez Fancy—particularly with the 150% wine mark up common at most restaurants.

Fancy date meals aside, cooking at home is almost always faster than going out—so long as you know what you’re doing. Once you have a few basic skills down, you can stop wasting your time in fast food spots simply because you don’t know what else to eat.

5. You might lose weight

Cooking is one of the easiest ways to improve your diet and stick to reasonable portions. This is a recipe for weight loss, if you’re willing to swallow it. If you have no interest in cooking for any of the above reasons, then do it for love: love for yourself and for your family. Processed foods are the devil’s cuisine. This is a fact. Only last week, a new report that the chemicals that combine to make them more-ish are addictive and make you fat. So ditch the convenience, learn to cook, and give yourself and your loved ones a healthy future.

6 You might like it

Cooking is relaxing, fun, creative, purposeful and, hopefully, delicious. Why wouldn’t you want to add this skill to your tool belt?

7.Therapy for the mind

Busy day at work? Cook. Kids freaking you out? Cook? Bad news about an old friend? Cook, cook, cook. Cooking is an incredible therapy for when you’re feeling stressed. It focuses the mind, forces you to concentrate on your ingredients, method, temperatures and times.It locks you away in the kitchen rather than shouting at everyone in the living room. It is the best form of mind therapy. And then you get to eat nice stuff!

jes lyk dah vegetable soup u gv to me dat made me stool for a week,i cnt sit well naw coz my anus hurts. Stop cookin spoil yeye boi

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
rosieluv:

jes lyk dah vegetable soup u gv to me dat made me stool for a week,i cnt sit well naw coz my anus hurts. Stop cookin spoil yeye boi
grin cheesy cheesy is it not u dah taught me how to cook grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
Cutehector:

1. Chicks dig it

2. Life skills are manly

3. You’ll save money

5. You might lose weight

6 You might like it

7.Therapy for the mind

ewwooo hector.. Ur meal wasn't dat delicious sef.. I just didn't wanna complain dat day. Lol
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by rosieluv(f): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Cutehector:
grin cheesy cheesy is it not u dah taught me how to cook grin
its nt me ooo,it ws amaka
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
naughtynaughty:
ewwooo hector.. Ur male wasn't dat delicious sef.. I just didn't wanna complain dat day. Lol
I no dey cook again for woman! angry

Una try eh

Cc: rosieluv
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
rosieluv:

its nt me ooo,it ws amaka
am not cookin again for any lady. Make una just chop beleful for una house befor comin out
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2016
Cutehector:
I no dey cook again for woman! angry

Una try eh

Cc: rosieluv
biko don't again. Before ull use ur tasteless food and send ur wife away
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
naughtynaughty:
grin cheesy so I shouldn't near kitchen ryt?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by rosieluv(f): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
Cutehector:
am not cookin again for any lady. Make una just chop beleful for una house befor comin out
hehehehehehehe oya sorry,i wil manage ur fud n purge to death *kisses*
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by rosieluv(f): 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2016
naughtynaughty:
hehehehehe
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
rosieluv:

hehehehehehehe oya sorry,i wil manage ur fud n purge to death *kisses*
grin cheesy hahahahahahaha
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by UNLIMITEDWONDER: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Rukkydelta(f): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2016
Nice one. I'll love to marry a man that can cook, if he can't I'll tutor him on how to cook
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Nice one. I'll love to marry a man that can cook, if he can't I'll tutor him on how to cook
cool.. cool cooking together in d kitchen helps in bonding
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Rukkydelta(f): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Cutehector:
cool.. cool cooking together in d kitchen helps in bonding

Yeah! that will be so romantic but not all african men can do that cos majority believes that kitchen is meant for women
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Yeah! that will be so romantic but not all african men can do that cos majority believes that kitchen is meant for women
well it's because u ladies chase money instead of happiness
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Rukkydelta(f): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
Cutehector:
well it's because u ladies chase money instead of happiness

cheesy It's alright
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rukkydelta:

cheesy It's alright
so, I guess I was right afterall.. wink

I'll never be ashamed to say this, I value special moments shared than any other thing...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Rukkydelta(f): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Cutehector:
so, I guess I was right afterall.. wink

I'll never be ashamed to say this, I value special moments shared than any other thing...

Lol =D> we all know that it's a trend of today that every lady wants to get married to a rich man. Well remembering certain special moments really do put a smile on our face even if the relationship goes wrong
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Rukkydelta:

Lol =D> we all know that it's a trend of today that every lady wants to get married to a rich man. Well remembering certain special moments really do put a smile on our face even if the relationship goes wrong
lol even me wants my sister to marry a well to do man so i'd be a hypocrite if I say it's a bad thing.

Buh come to think of it, such sweet moments tend to evaporate from people especially ladies wen the relationship gets sour..

Wen I was the chief executive of friend zone in d past cheesy dis girl I used to like will just be gushing over her boyfrnd.. Chei.. infact, she was nothing on earth will eva come in d way of two of dem gettn married. Until wen d guy fvcked up.. impregnated another girl..

She now hates yoruba men cuz of that. Cuz her first love is from yoruba
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Rukkydelta(f): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
@ Cutehector. Chief executive of friend zone cheesy ? Well I'm not surprise cos one of your siggy at a certain time says better hate me than to friend zone me. What happened to your friend is a normal stuff that's why I advise everyone into a relationship to have a side guy or side chic
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Cutehector(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Rukkydelta:
@ Cutehector. Chief executive of friend zone cheesy ? Well I'm not surprise cos one of your siggy at a certain time says better hate me than to friend zone me. What happened to your friend is a normal stuff that's why I advise everyone into a relationship to have a side guy or side chic
lol being in d friendzone suxs badly.

Well as for d side chic thing, Naaaaaah, dats not d kinda guy i'll like to be.

Almost all d "girls" i"v dated do not want commitments, it's a pity tho. Sometimes I just wonder who are the females saying guys don't commit too.. and just wen u want to be a player, girls will start branding u heartless, not even tryn to know why he turned out to be like dat..

Well I don't blame wayward people, it is as a result of their past that made dem what they are today. Everyone was once pure in heart...

Buh, d last thing I will ever do is to lower my standards, just because i'v been hurt. I stand on my grounds to say this, I will never be dat guy who's got a side chic, will never stop believing in love no matter how much it hurts...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Need To Learn How To Cook by Consiglier: 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
Not enough reason for a man to waste precious time trying to do it. Not what a man should do

(1) (Reply)

My Step To Step Guide In Making Bachelor's Rice & Beans / Bakery/industrail And Kitchen Equipment / Experience Chicken Like Never Before!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.