Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You (29595 Views)

Is This True About People Working In Lagos? / Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / The Benefits Of Working For Yourself (self- Employed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Greedgod: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:
big lie. not all banks. was an entry level graduate trainee once oga.
u got sacked ?

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by RamsayBolton: 7:18am On Jan 16, 2017
OP continue pls.
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by ednut1(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2017
Greedgod:
u got sacked ?
moved on to beta tins

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 16, 2017
DWJOBScom:

Keep up with the message of working for another man and fulfilling his dreams while you remain jobless. it reminds me of the same story GNLD and others tell to make you part with money .
He was diligent and upright and survived 25 whole years in an institution so he's to be respected to your being your whole boss yet so broke campaign

Remain an employee forever mate. I'm an employer of Labour with staff strength of 12. Expanding viciously

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Trecixnine(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2017
alizma:

why call someone you don't know a lier over an issue you don't have idea of?
ask questions if you find something strange rather than calling him a lier. by calling him a lier, u just expose your level of ignorance of the banking sector. the guy is right about the salary range for a core staff.
This is a lie from the pit of hell, no wonder you are all dying to work in a bank. I have more than 25years of banking carrier and still counting, spanning 6different banks. The pay is not as juicy as the guy has just painted .

5 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Abduletudaye(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:
big lie. not all banks. was an entry level graduate trainee once oga.

Ok sir..
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Rollsnjaguar(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2017
I learnt bankers are promiscuous, is this true.
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by wisenewgem(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2017
Bank Job?
Count me out.

After 15 years of Banking, My uncle ( Bank Operations Manager UBA plc Abakaliki Ebonyi State ) slumped and died in the office. He was buried on 14th January 2017. We are yet to hear from Head office

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 16, 2017
hardbody:

Which mumu opportunity? Banking is not a job, at best use it as a stop gap for better opportunities. I fired my bank years ago and I have been happy since then.

Oga olufunso50, 25 years experience in banking? you must be at least on a grade of AGM designate. That's far higher than PS in civil service. And you are on nairalandforum arguing with secondary school pupils, where you get the time sir? A fresh graduate earning 250k and 350k. On what grade will he start? Oga you must talking about CBN cos that salary is for (with the good paying banks) Executive Assistants And Assistant Banking Officer respectfully. BTW as said above, banking is not advisable for a future entrepreneurs. The more you look, the less you see...

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Greedgod: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:
moved on to beta tins
self employed ?
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by ednut1(m): 7:38am On Jan 16, 2017
Greedgod:
self employed ?
grin no. Not everyone is business inclined. Only business i sabi na build house use am rent angry

8 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Greedgod: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:
grin no. Not everyone is business inclined. Only business i sabi na build house use am rent angry
coman mentor me since u get beta job
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by rill: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2017
person we him last seen nah for dec last year, na him u just dey bring his thread come fp.
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Papasland21: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:
first bank, stanbic, keystone etc do not pay entry level 250k or more abeg. and some pay salary in full abeg. u sure say u work for bank sir

Don't mind him, show us a copy of that entry pay slip for 350k and for which bank.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by thesicilian: 7:54am On Jan 16, 2017
africansunite:

Oga olufunso50, 25 years experience in banking? you must be at least on a grade of AGM designate. That's far higher than PS in civil service. And you are on nairalandforum arguing with secondary school pupils, where you get the time sir? A fresh graduate earning 250k and 350k. On what grade will he start? Oga you must talking about CBN cos that salary is for (with the good paying banks) Executive Assistants And Assistant Banking Officer respectfully. BTW as said above, banking is not advisable for a future entrepreneurs. The more you look, the less you see...
Nigerians are indeed an interesting set of people. Someone comes out to share his experience as an expert (yes, 25yrs experience in any field gives you an authority of some sort) to the upcoming ones, and you all begin to attack him even before he finishes what he's saying. Where did you see him arguing with anybody?
No wonder many accomplished Nigerians don't feel it worth their time to mentor anybody.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by thesicilian: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2017
rill:
person we him last seen nah for dec last year, na him u just dey bring his thread come fp.
He probably gave up because of all the negative reception on the thread. I might have done same.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Papasland21: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2017
Olufunso50:
Having worked in the banking industry for many years,I am delighted to share my experiences with the up coming bankers

1. It is not easy getting a job in the banks nowadays as a result of the dwindling economic situation.However it is compulsory for banks to recruit new hands because banks retrenched workers regularly.Major recruitment in to banks nowadays are on contract basis.The pay package is not as attractive as for permanent staff. The pay packages for a graduate at entry level ranges from N250k to N,300k per month for permanent staff and 40k to N60k for temporary staff.Banks does not discriminate academic disciplines, In fact majority of my colleagues who are bank managers are science graduates

You need to have an insiders, not necessarily a top management staff it could even be a teller or security man who will volunteer information on pending recruitment.Majority of the recruitment exercise are never advertised publicly.

You must learn how to prepare a CV that followed the stipulated patterns if you are to be contacted for test and interview.Majority of the questions will be quantitative reasoning,logic,...In short GMAT.Also familiarise yourself with happenings in economic and political environment.

If you are lucky to get a banking job,the employer will train you on all aspect of the job.We have many departments.The departments are categorised under under two broad headings,namely Marketing and Operation

Your salary will not be paid to you embloc at month end.You will receive sum amount upfront and the remaining monthly.This explains why many bankers are always broke...to be continued

Bros, u did not remember, Internal Control, they don't report to either marketing or operations, they are on their own.
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by alizma: 8:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Trecixnine:

This is a lie from the pit of hell, no wonder you are all dying to work in a bank. I have more than 25years of banking carrier and still counting, spanning 6different banks. The pay is not as juicy as the guy has just painted .
can you pls give us the correct figure? you are not dying to work in a bank but your 25yrs is gone with the banking sector.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by ITbomb(m): 8:03am On Jan 16, 2017
Sometimes I blame the bankers themselves.

You are paid huge salary but you work from 7 to 7 which means you are somehow protected from the cares of life and you should be making savings.

You don't need to run gen 24 hours - see the huge savings in fuel
If you are single, you need just a small apartment to lay your tired head for 7 hours at least
You don't spend money and time in traffic to move your source of earnings

But what do they do, most of their salaries goes to those light-skins they exchange number over the counter.

Last line : Someone gave me an advice >>
If your job is low paying, make sure it has severance benefits and well structured pension scheme.
If it doesn't have a pension, make sure the job is high paying and then be your own pension manager

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Papasland21: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2017
alizma:

why call someone you don't know a lier over an issue you don't have idea of?
ask questions if you find something strange rather than calling him a lier. by calling him a lier, u just expose your level of ignorance of the banking sector. the guy is right about the salary range for a core staff.

While am not in support of his use of words, am a banker too and hardly,I repeat, hardly will u get that salary range for entry level in banks post Sanusi era.

We need to b well informed before making post to general public.

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by coveredchic(f): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2017
thesicilian:

Nigerians are indeed an interesting set of people. Someone comes out to share his experience as an expert (yes, 25yrs experience in any field gives you an authority of some sort) to the upcoming ones, and you all begin to attack him even before he finishes what he's saying. Where did you see him arguing with anybody?
No wonder many accomplished Nigerians don't feel it worth their time to mentor anybody.
Nairalanders can be so rude! This is a person with 25 years experience. My dad retired after 30 years. That means the op must be quite elderly or at least middle-aged. Just recently, i was discussing with someone how difficult it was for Nigerian youths to find mentors and now i have my answer. The Nigerian youth indeed has a long way to go.

19 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by ndcide(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2017
africansunite:

Edit this post. Especially the first five lines. It shows you are not intelligent.

5 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by kayLion(m): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2017
obitee69:
Banking is a useless job. Hire today, fire tomorrow. If you had put the whole 25 years you spent working 7am to 8pm passionately in your business, you would have been a billionaire. You are just fulfilling another man's dream.

Time is greater than money because it cannot be reversed! After some time they would retire you and you become clueless looking for what to do with your life and investing in fruitless ventures till your broke. Your children will graduate and start roaming the streets looking for job without you having a business to hand down to them to manage. A very terrible vicious cycle.

I wasted my 5years in the bank.

I guess you are a billionaire

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by alizma: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2017
Papasland21:

While am not in support of his use of words, am a banker too and hardly,I repeat, hardly will u get that salary range for entry level in banks post Sanusi era.

We need to b well informed before making post to general public.

Thanks.

hardly not possible is different from absolutely not possible. a bank still pays about 209k to it's core staff at entry level. it all depends on where you are and the bank you have in mind when salary structure of banks is mentioned.it is a nice idea to limit his position to some banks rather than call him a lier.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by oblak00(m): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2017
Greedgod:

what does one do to become a permanent staff ?
You have to work for at least a period of 5-10 years before you are made a permanent staff and your salary increases. Sometimes, within this range, you might be promoted based on your performance and also you will be receiving a continuous increase in salary.
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Greedgod: 8:28am On Jan 16, 2017
oblak00:

You have to work for at least a period of 5-10 years before you are made a permanent staff and your salary increases. Sometimes, within this range, you might be promoted based on your performance and also you will be receiving a continuous increase in salary.
5 to 10years , MIGHT be promoted . Hmmm life is hard .

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by livgenius: 8:33am On Jan 16, 2017
Someone is talking to u from his personal experience and you call him a liar

Take home every month may be lower but when you add allowances, upfront payments, profit sharing, u will definitely make up to that a month.

And bank pass bank. The bank I work at, entry level make up to 200k a month on average

Also some banks have better graduate programmes than others. Graduate programme employees make at least 400k per month on average where I work. I have only worked for 1.5 years and I have savings over N5m

Sometimes remember that you don't know everything and try to listen when people try to educate you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by cyberheist: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2017
ednut1:

please can u put me through
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by fujirice: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2017
obitee69:

Remain an employee forever mate. I'm an employer of Labour with staff strength of 12. Expanding viciously
Why is it that you people are this corky?
You are degrading another man for being an employee but you have employees under you.
If all of us become employers who will now become the employees?
Oga, be humble. Everybody has a purpose in life.

18 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Oluwaremythe(m): 8:53am On Jan 16, 2017
obitee69:
Banking is a useless job. Hire today, fire tomorrow. If you had put the whole 25 years you spent working 7am to 8pm passionately in your business, you would have been a billionaire. You are just fulfilling another man's dream.

Time is greater than money because it cannot be reversed! After some time they would retire you and you become clueless looking for what to do with your life and investing in fruitless ventures till your broke. Your children will graduate and start roaming the streets looking for job without you having a business to hand down to them to manage. A very terrible vicious cycle.

I wasted my 5years in the bank.
There's nothing bad in working in d bank for jst five years,at least to gather capital for ur own personal business later on,only if you're not one of dos dat sets target on dia salary before starting any job. undecided,my opinion tho
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 16, 2017
livgenius:
Someone is talking to u from his personal experience and you call him a liar

Take home every month may be lower but when you add allowances, upfront payments, profit sharing, u will definitely make up to that a month.

And bank pass bank. The bank I work at, entry level make up to 200k a month on average

Also some banks have better graduate programmes than others. Graduate programme employees make at least 400k per month on average where I work. I have only worked for 1.5 years and I have savings over N5m

Sometimes remember that you don't know everything and try to listen when people try to educate you

Lies from the depth of hell. Do bankers really have savings? After being encumbered by loans and advances here and there?
Re: Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You by fujirice: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2017
obitee69:

Lies from the depth of hell. Do bankers really have savings? After being encumbered by loans and advances here and there?
Oga you are very narrow minded and unteachable.
How can you be walking over the whole thread calling different people liars? Wetin dey work you?
You sound so daft mehn! Eish!!!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Helina Gbadegesin, A Female Graduate Who Is A Carpenter (Photos) / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.