Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! (6917 Views)

Message From Ntel / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2016
Like seriously? shocked yOu call this 4G speed or I'm I getting something wrong? I finally got my sim working after months of waiting... Found out that they need to activate my bundle for the fluctuations to stop. Only to see this speed crawling like 2g cry

Although I was told that service in my area is undergoing... Whatever, I'll update in the evening if any improvement. sad

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by twixx(f): 11:11am On Jun 13, 2016
Are you in lag? If yes where did you get your SIM

2 Likes

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by daphid25(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2016
twixx:
Heard it is only available in Abuja
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by elfakkawy(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2016
What's so special about this NTEL?
Your download speed is approximately 150KB/s (UCBrowser) while I can download with upto 2MB/s with my eMpTy heN here in Sokoto. The only difference I can think of is the prices at which the two sell their bundles

7 Likes

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Collinz2(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
elfakkawy:
Your download speed is approximately 150KB/s (UCBrowser) while I can download with upto 2MB/s with my eMpTy heN here in Sokoto. The only difference I can think of is the prices at which the two sell their bundles
when it comes to surfing the net, streaming and downloading mtn is the best.

1 Like

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by csc2(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2016
daphid25:

Heard it is only available in Abuja

Ntel is now in Lagos, You can read more about it HERE
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by princesamuel5(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
elfakkawy:

From the pics he uploaded you can see his network coverage bar is below average, you shouldn't expect full speed and stop comparing Ntel speed to mtn they are miles apart.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
princesamuel5:

From the pics he uploaded you can see his network coverage bar is below average, you shouldn't expect full speed and stop comparing Ntel speed to mtn they are miles apart.
point of correction, bar does not matter in 4g network...
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
twixx:
in Abuja
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by csc2(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
twixx:

You can get your Ntel Sim at Alfred Rewane (Kingsway rd) by Rumens (opp Ikoyi Registry) Lagos, You can also read more it HERE
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
elfakkawy:
my point is I'm yet to see the speed of 4G from ntel... Others are ok but for now I'm not impress at all.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by csc2(m): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:
Like seriously? shocked yOu call this 4G speed or I'm I getting something wrong? I finally got my sim working after months of waiting... Found out that they need to activate my bundle for the fluctuations to stop. Only to see this speed crawling like 2g cry

Although I was told that service in my area is undergoing... Whatever, I'll update in the evening if any improvement. sad

Lol.... The download speed is too Fast bro. grin grin grin
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2016
This is the improvement so far.

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by princesamuel5(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
But you said network bar in 4g doesn't matter but the signal bar seems to have improved from the new picture.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Wadosky(m): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:
This is the improvement so far.
Please whats the name of the phone you are using.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by dustmalik: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:

When did you get the sim? Which of the bundles did you pay for? Also, how did you get them to activate the bundle, did you go to their office or you called them?
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
dustmalik:

When did you get the sim? Which of the bundles did you pay for? Also, how did you get them to activate the bundle, did you go to their office or you called them?
mehn I suffered to get it activated... I bought in May and paid 1k. I called for them to activate it when the service is now in my place...
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
princesamuel5:
But you said network bar in 4g doesn't matter but the signal bar seems to have improved from the new picture.
it fluctuates and don't seem to change at all.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Wadosky:

Please whats the name of the phone you are using.
Homtom Ht6
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by dustmalik: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:
mehn I suffered to get it activated... I bought in May and paid 1k. I called for them to activate it when the service is now in my place...
Nice one. Could you post the number you called?
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
dustmalik:

Nice one. Could you post the number you called?
this one... 070068355483.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by dustmalik: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:
this one... 070068355483.
Thanks
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Stanley08(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
jeffy1206 bruv! Reception is bad in your area. You are managing reception from somewhere far away. Just like me. When they cover ur area, you'll get mad speeds. Your is even faster than mine. The same 1 - 2 bars. When u get 3 to 4 bars, expect something alot different.

And yh, I'm in Lagos not Abuja. Cheers! smiley
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Stanley08:
jeffy1206 bruv! Reception is bad in your area. You are managing reception from somewhere far away. Just like me. When they cover ur area, you'll get mad speeds. Your is even faster than mine. The same 1 - 2 bars. When u get 3 to 4 bars, expect something alot different.

And yh, I'm in Lagos not Abuja. Cheers! smiley
they have covered my area wella... Sometimes I get 4bar sef.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Paragon001(m): 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
Jeffy1206:
in Abuja
Where in Abuja can i get their sim?
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Phonefanatic: 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
Got this on smile 4G. I still think it's poor

Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
Paragon001:
Where in Abuja can i get their sim?
transcorp Hilton, aminu crescent and at Gwarimpa.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Paragon001(m): 3:57am On Jun 14, 2016
Jeffy1206:
transcorp Hilton, aminu crescent and at Gwarimpa.
I think Transcorp Hilton Maitama, is d only precised locatn i see there. Aminu Kano is a full Crescent of its own while Gwarimpa is more or less a small town. Anyway, thanks alot!
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Stanley08(m): 7:32am On Jun 14, 2016
Jeffy1206:
they have covered my area wella... Sometimes I get 4bar sef.

Well, i had 1Mbps, 2 MAX at home. When i went to a properly covered area a few mins later... i was getting 27Mbps.

So dats 200KB/s on 2 bars vs 3.3MB/s on 4 bars. That's a serious mismatch right there.

Btw, are u off bundle. I heard something say it's slower when you are off bundle. I don't know.
Re: See The Awesome Speed From Ntel I'm Getting!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Stanley08:

Well, i had 1Mbps, 2 MAX at home. When i went to a properly covered area a few mins later... i was getting 27Mbps.

So dats 200KB/s on 2 bars vs 3.3MB/s on 4 bars. That's a serious mismatch right there.

Btw, are u off bundle. I heard something say it's slower when you are off bundle. I don't know.
no I just had it activated yesterday sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Latest Data Offer For 2019: 1gb For N200, 4gb For N1000 / MTN Secretly Excites Customers With Free Data / Help!my Lenovo A316i Won't Boot Beyond Animated Logo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.