Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Ex-wife Of Orlando Killer Omar Mateen ‘saved From Violent Marriage’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ex-wife Of Orlando Killer Omar Mateen ‘saved From Violent Marriage’ (927 Views)

Lady Saved From Traveling With Cocaine Packaged As Milk As A 16-Year-Old Girl / How I Was Saved From Ritualists After Entering 'One Chance' In Lagos -Lady. PIC / Depressed Nigerian Girl Saved From Suicide Attempt After Slitting Her Wrist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-wife Of Orlando Killer Omar Mateen ‘saved From Violent Marriage’ by JoelNkantaBlog: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2016
THE EX-wife of mass killer Omar Mateen has claimed she was saved from their marriage when her parents realised he had started beating her.
Speaking to the Washington Post, Sitora Yusufiy told how she met the gunman online in 2009.
Within weeks, the couple decided to wed. Sitora moved to Florida in March that year, where they married and moved into a two-bedroom house in Fort Pierce owned by Mateen’s family.
According to Sitora, Mateen was not a particularly religious man when they got married, and did not seem violent.
She told how the then-21-year-old “seemed like a normal human being”.
Sitora described her ex-husband as a private person who dedicated a big portion of his time to exercise.
At the time, Mateen worked at global security firm G4S and owned a single handgun.
Soon enough, however, his docile nature shifted.
“He was not a stable person,” Sitora told the Post.
“He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”
When Sitora’s parents found out about Mateen’s violent tendencies mere months after the wedding, they stepped in to rescue her from her husband.
“They literally saved my life,” she insisted.
Sitora had not contacted Mateen since the pair finalised their divorce five years ago in 2011.
Despite this, she is finding it hard to come to terms with the news of Mateen’s horrific actions.
Sitora said: “I am still processing. I am definitely lucky.”
Since divorcing Sitora, Mateen remarried Noor Zahi Salman and had a son.
The pair were registered as married in 2013 and have a son born in 2012. Salman is registered as living at the same St Lucie address as her killer spouse.
Mateen killed (Click on the link below to read more)
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

Re: Ex-wife Of Orlando Killer Omar Mateen ‘saved From Violent Marriage’ by Coolgent(m): 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught With Heroin At Lagos Airport Four Days After Wedding. / Dangerous Acident That Took Place In My Area / Oyo Residents Tie Tortoise To Electricity Pole To Scare Off PHCN Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.