Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

2007 Acura TL Navi Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Acura TL Navi Help (1744 Views)

Lagos Cleared Acura Tl 2005 For Sale / Between Acura TL 2010 & Lexus ES 350, Which Should I Buy?. / Bmw 530i Vs Lexus Gs350 Vs Acura TL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Acura TL Navi Help by seyiojomu(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a 2007 Acura TL, I want to know if it is impossible to ever get to use the Navigation in Nigeria, I know I need to get a DVD map to get it to work, but where do I find the DVD map for Nigerian roads?

Also, the screen is scratched (functional though) , can anyone advise on how to get a replacement screen locally.

I just love my gadgets to work, any input to solve this will be helpful.
Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by Rumin8(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2016
I have a TL and just like you, had tried getting it to work in Nigeria.

To answer your question, you can't get it to work here. It was designed for the U.S. and Canada primarily. The navigation system was built by Alpine and only an Alpine DVD Rom will work in it. Alpine has no DVD maps for Africa.

Your best bet will be to run the cables going into the DVD Rom unit in your trunk to an after market unit. This way, you can use the screen for much more but you will lose all Acura nav and audio functions as well as voice commands.

If you really want a mapping solution for Nigeria, you should get those units you mount on your dashboard or windscreen that offer turn by turn navigation for most parts of Nigeria, so you can continue to use your factory navigation screen for audio, calendar, calculator, phone book and trip computer.

To replace your screen, go on eBay.

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by mayor2013: 9:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
It can be done. If you are in lagos visit ladipo or reach me on what's app (08156087872) I would give you the number of some1 who can handle it properly

1 Like

Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by seyiojomu(m): 8:21am On Aug 17, 2016
Rumin8:
I have a TL and just like you, had tried getting it to work in Nigeria.

To answer your question, you can't get it to work here. It was designed for the U.S. and Canada primarily. The navigation system was built by Alpine and only an Alpine DVD Rom will work in it. Alpine has no DVD maps for Africa.

Your best bet will be to run the cables going into the DVD Rom unit in your trunk to an after market unit. This way, you can use the screen for much more but you will lose all Acura nav and audio functions as well as voice commands.

If you really want a mapping solution for Nigeria, you should get those units you mount on your dashboard or windscreen that offer turn by turn navigation for most parts of Nigeria, so you can continue to use your factory navigation screen for audio, calendar, calculator, phone book and trip computer.

To replace your screen, go on eBay.

I agree with you, just hoping someone has taught of a different way around it. Thanks for your input all the same
Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by seyiojomu(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2016
mayor2013:
It can be done. If you are in lagos visit ladipo or reach me on what's app (08156087872) I would give you the number of some1 who can handle it properly

Thanks, will be buzzing you once am in Lagos nextweek
Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by Souljaboi1: 8:19am On Jan 17, 2017
seyiojomu:

Thanks, will be buzzing you once am in Lagos nextweek

Hi,

I saw yoit other post about problems with the TL 2007. From your experience with the car, would you say it is cost effective.

Have you also found a good mechanic that fixes little issues ?

Thanks
Re: 2007 Acura TL Navi Help by seyiojomu(m): 12:19am On Jan 18, 2017
Oh yea, for the category of mid-size sport sedan luxury it falls into, I wont say its so bad afterall, I buy most of my parts abroad when am concerned about genuine parts. Its not so difficult at all to fix here if you decide to learn about the systems yourself and with good supervision on your mechanic, you will get ur good results.

I do have a very bright and cooperative mechanic that helps me fix though. Hes vast in complex and robust systems of auto engineering and doesnt mind learning also when you chip in your advises.

Souljaboi1:

Hi,

I saw yoit other post about problems with the TL 2007. From your experience with the car, would you say it is cost effective.

Have you also found a good mechanic that fixes little issues ?

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Check Inside ₦120m Luxury Bentley Bentayga SUV Newly Acquired By Zlatan Ibile / Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week / Golf3 Saloon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.