Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis (498 Views)

Charles Okah, Kanu May Be Freed As MEND, FG Strike Deal To End N-delta Crisis / Buhari Set To Appoint Timi Alaibe Over Niger Delta Avengers / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis by MKO4ever(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) on Sunday announced the formation of 'Aaron Team 2' to dialogue with the Federal Government on the immediate, medium and long-term future of the Niger Delta region.

In a statement signed by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, the group said the move followed useful exploratory discussions held with high-ranking officials of the current administration.

Members of the team include Henry Odein Ajumogobia SAN (Rivers); Bismark Rewane (Delta); Sen. Florence Ita-Giwa (Cross River); Timipa Jenkins Okponipere (Bayelsa); Ibanga Isine (Akwa Ibom); Ledum Mitee (Rivers); and Lawson Omokhodion (Edo State).

MEND noted that on countless occasions in the past 10 years of the group's existence, it had taken up arms against the Nigerian state and the international oil companies with a view to bringing to national and international attention, the pitiable paradox of the Niger Delta region............
http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/12/mend-sets-team-dialogue-federal-government-over-niger-delta-crisis
Re: MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis by chocolateme(f): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2016
Maybe its a good start
Re: MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis by thesicilian: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2016
The people selected by a terrorist group to represent them in dialogue are usually not far from the sponsors of the terrorist group.
Re: MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis by MKO4ever(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
thesicilian:
The people selected by a terrorist group to represent them in dialogue are usually not far from the sponsors of the terrorist group.
Members of the team include Henry Odein Ajumogobia SAN (Rivers); Bismark Rewane (Delta); Sen. Florence Ita-Giwa (Cross River); Timipa Jenkins Okponipere (Bayelsa); Ibanga Isine (Akwa Ibom); Ledum Mitee (Rivers); and Lawson Omokhodion (Edo State)
At least I know one or two of these people so well, I don't think they have business with sponsoring terrorism
Re: MEND Sets Up Team To Dialogue With Federal Government Over Niger Delta Crisis by thesicilian: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
MKO4ever:

Members of the team include Henry Odein Ajumogobia SAN (Rivers); Bismark Rewane (Delta); Sen. Florence Ita-Giwa (Cross River); Timipa Jenkins Okponipere (Bayelsa); Ibanga Isine (Akwa Ibom); Ledum Mitee (Rivers); and Lawson Omokhodion (Edo State)
At least I know one or two of these people so well, I don't think they have business with sponsoring terrorism
There's no way of knowing for sure. One or two of them may be close to the group. Think about it, why would I want a total stranger I do not know or trust to represent my interest on such sensitive issues, especially when my security is at stake?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidency, APC Behind PDP Crisis’ / N10m Bribe: CCT Boss, Accused Met Several Times - Witness / AMCON Takes Over Firms Belonging To Wada, Ex-kogi Governor Over Alleged Debt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.