Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

How To Dress For A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Dress For A Job Interview (17711 Views)

My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / How Do I Dress For A Police Job Interview? / How Do I Dress For An Engineering Job Interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Dress For A Job Interview by careercrew: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
How you dress for a job interview is very important and vital as the first impression you give the interviewer will definitely have a strong impact on how the interview will proceed thereby adding positively to your overall performance.
In this article, we shall discuss how best men and women should properly dress for an interview in order to boost their chances of getting that dream job.

How to dress for men:
When going for an interview, it is appropriate for men to wear a white or light blue plain long sleeve shirt, a silky corporate tie, a clean and smart looking suit (preferable dark blue or grey), a well-polished shoe, black leather belt and a wrist watch to match.
Ensure that your tie is plain coloured and that it matches your shirt, suit and shoe thereby creating a physical balance in your appearance.
Avoid wearing an oversized suit, most importantly, avoid wearing a suit that has the manufacturer’s tag or label on the front arm.

How to dress for women:
For women going for a professional interview, it is appropriate that they wear a clean looking professional suit, dress, skirt and a nice wrist watch to complement their dressing.
The most preferred colours for suits are either black, dark blue or grey suits. This should be worn with a flat shoe or a shoe with moderate heels to make your appearance simple, stylish and professional.

Avoid wearing miniskirts, long finger nails, long eye lashes, heavy make-up, very high heeled shoes, and most importantly avoid spraying heavy perfumes. Make the perfume very moderate or none at all.

With this steps, you are heading to the right direction of securing that dream job. Good luck!

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/05/how-to-dress-for-job-interview.html#more

3 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by careercrew1: 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Please read and rate the write up
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by khristals(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2016
really
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Houseofglam7(f): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2016
Issorait
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by chimah3(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2016
Abegiiii just freestyle tongue

If you too dress, the interviewer will say this one is over confident!

If you no dress...they will say this one thinks we came here to play!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by otikpoko(m): 7:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Make i book space tongue
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by tafrica(m): 7:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Since you asked to be rated, Ori wa n be, OP. Though I've known these for some time now.
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Iammelvin(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2016
Op tankz 4 d info..bt in a country wia diaris no job, are al dis topics necessary?
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by holytribe(m): 7:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Must we go for an interview with suit? Just wanna know how important it is than going with normal shirt with tie. Though I actually went for an interview last week for the post of an Account officer. I was later told that I was not qualified cos I don't have experience as account officer. But I dressed without a tie

6 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Joyce28(f): 7:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Thanks ooo, but next should be how to get job.
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by cana882(m): 7:18am On Jun 15, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Mezuzah(m): 7:19am On Jun 15, 2016
Never dress like that yet got my dream job, some times, what you know will give you the job and not how you dress
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by OMOTOWO(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2016
As dem no com kal for interview nki?make our suit dey rest
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by chimah3(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2016
Ladies just wear bumshort...trust me that job is yours lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lol

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by moxsella(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2016
for ladies just package your Ukwu well well and the Job is yours
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by MrKamar(m): 7:24am On Jun 15, 2016
grin can we put on agbada?

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Philomath1212: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2016
obviously this op is newbie in the market. All you highlighted there is not really necessary. Just dress smart and have brain.

1 Like

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by kendrick9(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2016
Wearing a suit has its disadvantages too...makes u look like a boss when you aren't yet..
some employees takes that the wrong way sometimes....For me a plain shirt does it imo

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by LordRepz(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2016
[quote author=beeppbeef post=46585572][/quote]
This guy advertising this MTN free promo is FRAUD!!! Guy you are a big thief. God will judge you. Oleeee

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by banme1(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2016
For ladies in osun U can use hijab too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Hadone(m): 7:27am On Jun 15, 2016
careercrew1:
Please read and rate the write up
Good
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by lonelydora: 7:27am On Jun 15, 2016
Always a suit and a matching shirt, whether it's dark blue or Grey. Remember your shoe must be same colour with your belt.
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Xbox222: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2016
Is a good headway op. But if the job is yours, u will certainly get and not necessarily how you dress. But if the job is not yours, no matter how u dress, you won't get it.
I always believe in the principle of FATALISM which says "What will be will be irrespective of the precaution taken"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by joshachid: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2016
Why can't we go for a job interview in our native attires?
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by dannyben5: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2016
MrKamar:
no just put on sumtin like dis

5 Likes

Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by abdullkabar(m): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2016
MrKamar:
Infact com put white ojagba fr shoulder nd put on a good fila....u will say if ur dad owns d company
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Emmaoga: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2016
any job meant for you will definitely be yours no matter your dress code when going for the interview

When God says yes nobody can say no.
Re: How To Dress For A Job Interview by Benjom(m): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2016
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Finally Secured A Job / My Friend Took The 300k Work In Lagos / N-Power Adopts Whistle Blowing Strategy To Expose Volunteers Already Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.