Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,459 members, 7,954,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat (708 Views)

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses In Miami, Florida. Many Killed (Video) / Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More / A Massive Sinkhole Swallowed Part Of A Florida House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by juliuscarter(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump gave an aggressive response to the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, quickly claiming the attack was the work of an Islamist militant while calling on President Barack Obama to resign and for Democrat Hillary Clinton to exit the presidential race. For Trump, it was an attempt to frame the attack in Orlando in a light favorable to his campaign for the Nov. 8 presidential election. Early on Sunday, when few facts were known about the shooting, he boasted on Twitter that it proved he had been right about his warnings over "radical Islamic terrorism." In a tweet just hours after the incident, he wrote: "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance." Trump has made combating the threat of groups such as Islamic State a central part of his candidacy. It was last December's attack in San Bernardino, California that killed 14 people that led Trump to propose a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States. Trump re-visited the proposal on Sunday after at least 50 people died in the attack on a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida. "What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough," Trump wrote on Twitter. In a statement late Sunday, the businessman went further than U.S. officials investigating the shootings by asserting that the attack in Orlando was the work of a "radical Islamic terrorist." Islamic State, which controls land in Iraq and Syria, claimed responsibility for the shooting but U.S. officials said they had seen no immediate evidence directly linking the militant group to the massacre. "I'm a Cuban citizen and I'm becoming an American citizen on July 6 and I'm going to vote for the first time in my life for Donald Trump," said Arisley Travieso, 36, who works for a shredding company. Traveiso said he supported Trump because the Republican nominee sees "the problem is Islamic terrorism. He (Trump) has been saying it nonstop." Trump ripped Obama for his long-standing refusal to refer to Islamic State and other extremist groups as in part representative of the religion of Islam. "In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down," Trump said, adding that, "if Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the presidency." Source (mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YY0QY)
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by yakbauer: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
He's gotten exactly what he wants, I won't b surprised of this act sways votes to his favour.
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by Twaci(f): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2016
How are we sure that he or his supporters are not behind all these? But then, what do we know?

This is really going to sway people his way.

God help us.
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by fuckpro: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
Trump is President 100%

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by Lucasbalo(m): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Americans dont actually think like you are thinking right now...

They dont kill innocent citizens just to sway voters....

Just say no to fanatic religion.

God Bless America. smiley
You are spot on my man. That young lady doesn't have a clue about America. Tramp is a worthless piece of human poo who will never get anywhere close to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by Lucasbalo(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2016
Twaci:
How are we sure that he or his supporters are not behind all these? But then, what do we know?

This is really going to sway people his way.

God help us.
No, it won't sway Americans towards Tramp. He's destined to lose in a landslide. He's a racist and Misorgynist who also is a pathological liar who lies about his lies. If you know anything about America, you will know his own party members are running away from him.

1 Like

Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by Lucasbalo(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Kudos Bro...

Meanwhile you can still support me and my friend Refiner for Miss Nairaland.. i.e if you dont have a candidate. smiley wink
OK. Got your back.
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by juliuscarter(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
I'm a fan of trump.. Send all the radical Islam to the ocean grin
Re: Trump Says Florida Massacre Proves He's Right On Islamist Threat by Twaci(f): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lucasbalo:
No, it won't sway Americans towards Tramp. He's destined to lose in a landslide. He's a racist and Misorgynist who also is a pathological liar who lies about his lies. If you know anything about America, you will know his own party members are running away from him.
OK. I sincerely hope so.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Is Poised To Lose In The Biggest Landslide In American History / Suicidal Iran Threaten To Shoot Down American Spy Jets In The Persian Gulf. / Obama Rebukes Trump For 'idolizing His Role Model' Putin As He Campaigns For Hil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.