Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors (7814 Views)

External Reserves Drop To $27.85bn As Foreign Investors Repatriate $30.2m / The Typical Nigerian Attitude To Foreign Goods And The Dollar Slide. / Made-in-aba Shoes Go Global As Foreign Investors Show Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by daffidy: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2009
Has anyone given thoughts to what foreign investors/banks would do? First there is sure to be a shake up in human capital and that means that quiet a number of people will lose their jobs .
We all know that almost every body has a brother, sister or close relative that work in these banks and are the ones paying the bills and sponsoring family to school etc.

Think like the white man who usually dont have any family or cultural values .

GOD HELP US
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by ibgreat(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2009
@No2Atheism,

Hey, why are u insulting my religion? I do not expected a learned person to be think like this.

Please you are have to be guided accordingly.

Be carefull!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by kyuubi: 11:41am On Aug 31, 2009
daffidy:

Has anyone given thoughts to what foreign investors/banks would do? First there is sure to be a shake up in human capital and that means that quiet a number of people will lose their jobs .
We all know that almost every body has a brother, sister or close relative that work in these banks and are the ones paying the bills and sponsoring family to school etc.

Think like the white man who usually dont have any family or cultural values .

GOD HELP US
So what fraction of staff in Standard Chartered are foreigners?
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by gReenmAn(m): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2009
So what happened to "Nigeria, Good people, Good Nation"?

Appears we no longer have good people to either run our banks or buy them for that matter.

Shaky Nigerian banks for shakier foreign banks. cry
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by mayrho(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2009
Foreign investors my foot. I wont be surprised if these so called foreign investors have cousins with names like ibrahim, yusuf and the likes
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by aawodumila: 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2009
I think what the CBN is doing is laudable but the approach is very wrong!

3 things:

1. You can't sell what you do not own (either to foreign investors or banks)
2. You must have given the MD's fair hearing
3. You can't be accuser, judge and everything in your own case

, sincerely a lot is wrong.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2009
aawodumila:

I think what the CBN is doing is laudable but the approach is very wrong!

3 things:

1. You can't sell what you do not own (either to foreign investors or banks)
2. You must have given the MD's fair hearing
3. You can't be accuser, judge and everything in your own case

, sincerely a lot is wrong.
you have said it all!

sanusi is out for evil!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by poj(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2009
guess my money is save with oceanic bank sa o.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by ejikeneedsajob: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2009
dgreatrock:

you have said it all!

sanusi is out for evil!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2009
poj:

guess my money is save with oceanic bank sa o.

with what sanusi is doing now, one can never tell
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by peculiar(m): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2009
Is more to this subject than what they review.

The CBN Governor should tell the Nigerian what he hidden rather than selling those banks 100%.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by apostleb: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2009
@becoomrich. U really have what it takes to lead nigeria. I'll not only give u my vote i'll personally campaign 4 u on fb, myspace, allafrica.com, nairaland ,twitter etc. Carry go. I love ur map. I want us 2 be friends.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by ayobase(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2009
someone said this is the beginning
of how to sell our Country.

Someone even said we can add our
independence certificate join sef.
So Funny!

But this reminds me of one of
Busta-Rhymes old songs.

Hmmmm.
This is serious!

Nigeria Is Blessed!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by mayrho(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2009
The fact that foreign investors are taking over our banks doesn't mean we wont have issues as we had with d former MDs or be cheated
Good examples are MTN DSTV and lots of Lebanese coys to mention a few
Selling our banks to foreigners is Slave trade again
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by mojojojo(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2009
Men I used to come to nairaland to have a laugh at some of the comments,
But it is really becoming sad to see how shallow and ignorant some of the comments are. I feel sad for my country.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2009
peculiar:

Is more to this subject than what they review.

The CBN Governor should tell the Nigerian what he hidden rather than selling those banks 100%.

exactly
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313750.0.html
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2009
mojojojo:

Men I used to come to nairaland to have a laugh at some of the comments,
But it is really becoming sad to see how shallow and ignorant some of the comments are. I feel sad for my country.

exactly what do you mean angry
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by mojojojo(m): 2:10am On Sep 02, 2009
What I mean is some people are ready to jump on the wagon and criticize anything without having full facts or knowledge about an issue. Their contributions are not useful and are a waste of our time as Nigerians. People should learn to be objective. No idea is useless until it has been thoroughly analysed to be.
See this hypothetical conversation:
anti-progress: I don't foreigners to own Nigerian banks.
me:why?
anti-progress: Because they are not Nigerian.
me: who do you want then?
anti-progress: Nigerians.
me: Like the ones arrested recently? I am not saying that there are no Nigerians capable of owning and running banks but do you realise some of the biggest banks in the UK like HSBC are not owned by the british? Have you asked yourself the benefits of having foreign billions circulating in our economy? What about the skills and expertise they bring to the fore? What about integration like using your atm card to buy from amazon or ebay? What about bringing down interest rates? Where will all the foreign money go to in Africa if we refuse allow foreign investors, ghana or south africa?
I can go on and on.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by DisGuy: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2009
there is no law preventing foreign banks from owning or operating banks in nigeria anyway and the CBN said he wont stand in the way of foreign ownership, why are nigerian banks not happy to have foreign competitors anyway? perhaps they know their shoddy customer service will ruin them in the long run!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by blackspade(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2009
90% of the investors will be Jewish. Total Jew domination is on the way, Asia is the only place where they haven't infiltrated.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2009
@MOJOJO
DISGUY
BACKSPADE

No one is totally against foreign ownership.
what we are against is that this scheme is being hatched for some faceless, disgruntled elements to have ownership in Nigeria's top 5 banks.
you must mave been following sanusi's shameful admission to the fact that an islamic bank is in the pipeline.
Now our curiosity is this;
was he appointed cbn governor to float a religious scheme or to be the governor of NIGERIAN'S CBN?
was he placed there to victimize the south (which in arguably owns the post consolidation banks) and enslave them under the northern continual oppression?

Again, these so called foreigners who are they; arab money bags who ll come and aid the actualisation of the islamic bank or the likes of your HSBK?
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2009
pls follow this link to understand our position.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-316423.128.html#msg4467271
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by DisGuy: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2009
blackspade:

90% of the investors will be Jewish. Total Jew domination is on the way, Asia is the only place where they haven't infiltrated.

is that a bad thing, thought igbos are a bit jewish anyway wink
oh one minute the guy is introducing islamic banking next the banks will be jewish?

dgreatrock:

@MOJOJO
DISGUY
BACKSPADE

No one is totally against foreign ownership.
what we are against is that this scheme is being hatched for some faceless, disgruntled elements to have ownership in Nigeria's top 5 banks.
you must mave been following sanusi's shameful admission to the fact that an islamic bank is in the pipeline.
Now our curiosity is this;
was he appointed cbn governor to float a religious scheme or to be the governor of NIGERIAN'S CBN?
was he placed there to victimize the south (which in arguably owns the post consolidation banks) and enslave them under the northern continual oppression?

Again, these so called foreigners who are they; arab money bags who ll come and aid the actualisation of the islamic bank or the likes of your HSBK?

First i'd like to know if union bank, fidelity are top five banks in nigeria
Are you saying only northerners have enough money to buy banks im suret hats what you meant when you say faceless/disgruntled elements
Islamic banking options has been in the pipeline way before Sanusi came into office

Who are the foreigners? They could be anyone even local investors, citi bank is in nigeria, standard charted etc stanbic part owned.

The principal focus at this point in time is not to sell the banks. We did not go to the UK to sell the banks; we did not go to the UK to meet investors. We went to the UK to meet with the correspondent banks and creditors and assured of the safety of the banks and to make ourselves available to any questions they had about the actions that we took.
“The primary purpose of that is to tell the good news about the Nigerian economy and to situate our action against the general process of guaranteeing financial stability.
“Once these banks are stabilised and it is time for things to move on, our preference is for these banks to have a core investor that will run them professionally and put in place a governance structure and system that will ensure that we do not have a recurrence of what happened before. This core investor could either be foreign or local.”
The CBN governor, however, pointed out that there was no law preventing a Nigerian bank to be owned 100 per cent by a foreign investor, adding that the law did not also preclude a foreign investor from owning a Nigerian bank.
always make sure your read his own story comments

If you want Islamic banking you dont go to london, you visit Dubai UAE and co

when Fashola, Ameachi, Gbenga Daniel etc go to dubai they are not accused of islamising their states,
when mallam goes to london na another story tongue
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
Why 100% to foreign investors? I get the idea that the new trend is to sell to the highest bidder and in the current global economic climate, we all know those likely to be in that group.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by No2Atheism(m): 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Why 100% to foreign investors? I get the idea that the new trend is to sell to the highest bidder and in the current global economic climate, we all know those likely to be in that group.

grin grin grin Kobojunkie is finally waking up to the danger of the trojan horse grin grin grin.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by No2Atheism(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2009
Olong:

Sanusi bailed out d bank of his own volition.he wooed foreign investors to come and acquire nigerian banks,even after the whooping sum injected into the said banks.all these in an alarming three months in office?someone should smell some rat shit!

Now you are seeing who exactly is working against Nigerians.

Europe does not bailout european companies so that outsiders can acquire them, instead they are bailed out to sustain european economy.
USA does not bailout american companies so that outsiders can acquire them, instead they are bailed out to sustain American economy.

Its only those who are wearing tainted glasses that fail to see that something illegal and sinister is being planned either by the north or outsiders or islamic fascists.

I SUGGEST PEOPLE THAT CANNOT SMELL A RAT SHOULD INSTEAD GO FOR A NOSE CHECK-UP grin grin grin grin

Death to Sharia
Death to Amerikka
Death to Islamic Banking
Death to Islamic Loving
Death to Islamic nothing
Death to Islamic something
Death to Allah
Death to Mohammed
Death to etc

grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

the highest bidder
they are the arab, nay islamic money bags. they aree everywhere!
they are taking over europe, now it is nigeria's turn embarassed
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by Mowire: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2009
I can hazard a guess as to the fate that awaits those scheming to acquire the banks 100%: The storm will settle and the shareholders will go court and a Savannah bank similarity will likely come up. Some people will end up having the last laugh.

For God's sake, why would Sanusi want to sell other peoples' property!!! Na craze?

Me think its reasonable to agree with Vanguard. But the devilish plan will backfire!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2009
why you folks are still arguing on the encroaching northernisation of nigeria is beyond me. We could see it coming a mile away.
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by dgreatrock(m): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Mowire,
Amen!
Amen!!
Amen!!!
Holy Ghost!!!!
Fire!!!!!!!!!
Re: CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors by mamagee6(f): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
CBN should sell some of the banks in Nigeria, they are a lot of banks there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass / Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For Nine Consecutive Months / Create A Job For Yourself With This Tutorial (learn It Free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.