Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening (16801 Views)

Our Senators Are Mad For Attempting Post Utme Cancellation / ASUU-university Of Ibadan Fault Post Utme Cancellation. / Jambite Pen A Thought Provoking Article On Post Utme Cancellation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Newsbreakers: 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
The Public Relations officer of the Nigerian Universities Commission, Ibrahim Yakasai, has announced that the new directive scrapping Post-UTME does not hinder universities from screening students sent to them for admission by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB.

The Federal Government in the past week ordered that the examinations usually organised by universities in Nigeria for admission seekers after the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations should be scrapped.

According to the government, “If there was absolute confidence in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, there should be no need for Universities to conduct internal examinations to determine the fate of candidates seeking admissions.”

While addressing newsmen, Yakasai said the new directive does not restrict any university from screening students sent to them by the exams board.

The usual practice was that during admission, universities and other schools are allowed to do elementary screening. The screening include actual verification of Jamb slip, crosschecking of documents for admission, medical test, age check and a host of other prerequisite for securing of admission.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/07/scrapping-of-post-utme-does-not-restrict-universities-from-screening-students-nuc/
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Hertheywarlay: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
The source pls
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Advans(m): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2016
but LASU jst announced dia screening test which be done as CBT. I tire 4 naija

2 Likes

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by ShutdownBrown24(m): 7:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Nigeria is an hilarious country..... .........

Where old people think the know better than young people.

13 Likes

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by looseweight: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2016
Ok

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 14, 2016
The NUC is confused. . .

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Emmanuel950(m): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Just negodu.. What's the essence?
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by verabetsy(f): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
I have written about this earlier at

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/06/uniben-post-utme-information-and-updates.html?m=1

and I even went ahead to analyze the positive and negative effects of the scrapped post UTME here

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/06/positive-and-negative-effects-of.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by dorocent(m): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Even if it doesn't, wat I dnt get is why did delta state university (ABK) abraka still demands 7k for screening?... Wat is d diff in amouth btw post-ume n screening fee?....
Calling it screening wit both Oral nd Attitude test.

I tink I prefer post-ume cux dis guys will even make eduction harder for nigerians.. JAMBS r dia, tryin to mke it hard n now universities cumin up wit difficult screenings jux to make sure dat many r called buh few r chosen... GOD pls c us tru....

3 Likes

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by lorbah001(m): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2016
Jokers!
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by don4real18(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2016
but no money should be paid

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by kurajordan(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2016
That's good
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Bgorgeous: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2016
These people will do anything to collect money from parents.
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by orobs93(m): 7:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Jokers everywhere

All the screenings av heard so far money has been involved
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by SurePresident: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Even after graduation, where is the Job?! Nigerian Government and the schools should stop these scammings of innocent citizens.

3 Likes

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Chriswazo(m): 7:14am On Jun 14, 2016
Before nko, d know d can't stop it
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 14, 2016
Whats the difference?
9ja sef
Hope the screening is free?
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Ozorc: 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
NUC, I don't know where you people belong.. As a zombie or a wailer? what other screening do Universities have right to conduct since FG has scrapped d nonsense out.. Thank God am a graduate, just having concern over our people still in d field fighting to get admission...

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Hardaysheenar(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Some senseless candidates will b hoping 2 gain admission into a University like UI with 180 marks without passing 2ru any form of screening exercise..

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by macanu(m): 7:15am On Jun 14, 2016
Confused country,confused minister/NUC,everybody confused confused....dear friends looking for admission.my advise is if ur parent can afford study in ghana pls go,no test or jamb needed just ur waec and auto admission is given fast.they don't waste ur yrs in sch,in fact if u r shape ,u can do a 4yrs course in just 3yrs and u hv ur BSC.nigeria is confused now.act fast ladies and gentle men. Good luck

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by khrisluv(m): 7:16am On Jun 14, 2016
mad people
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Sinbad2007(m): 7:16am On Jun 14, 2016
And what's the difference between this screening test and post-utme? Would have been better if they kept quiet than saying what they can't implement.
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by chomchom1(f): 7:17am On Jun 14, 2016
Double tongue party undecided undecided
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
This is just pure semantics! Who doesn't know what screening of candidates is in Nigeria? The government should quit speaking from both sides of its mouth.

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by pennywys(m): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
una neva see anytin
I love it that way
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by DrayZee: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
Rubbish news.
Post UTME that was being used to check the excesses of JAMB has been removed. So, those who paid to have answers to the questions will now have an edge over those who studied for the exams. And what will be the fate of those wrongly scored?
This year's Jamb that everyone knows is not credible is what the government deemed fit to be a yardstick for entrance into universities. Now they are talking "sreening".

I wonder how these people think.

2 Likes

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by omonighoblessing(f): 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
post ume and screening. ..what's the difference for our universities and polythenics.
I think they they are just scared that people will say the schools are not obeying directives so they try to call it differently that they can screen.when screening itself is the post ume
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by charlisco(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
SCRAPPING OF POST UTME - POINT TO NOTE
1. No Institution will go below the JAMB 180 benchmark, Universities can go above it
2. All Candidate given admission must be from JAMB
3. No University should exceed its admission capacity (allocation)
4. There won’t be any written Post-UTME, but Institutions are allowed to screen its candidates. School may adopt to use Verification of result or Oral Interview as it screening option

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Post UTME or No Post UTME, going by the number of candidates that applied and pass jamb exam, the Federal and State Universities in Nigeria, cannot give admission to all qualified candidate due to it carrying Capacity.
This lead/give rise to further Methods of Screening.

Question
How will school screen their candidate that meet the jamb 180 cut-off from this year 2016?
Answer:
School may adopt to use verification of result, Oral Interview or CBT

Verification of result:
This entails checking of your O,level (WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB) grade with a combination of sharp increase in departmental cut-off mark to accommodate only the candidate its admission capacity can take.

Oral Interview:
A platform for you to meet with someone who represents the school (A complete stranger) also known as the interviewer- He/she asked your several question to show off a side of your personality that is not obvious on the written jamb cbt.
College interviews can be stressful; especially when you consider that you have less than 20minutes to impress a complete stranger.
click to read more about the college oral interview past question

CBT:
Finally, for schools that will use CBT or electronic format to screen candidates, studying post-UTME past questions, current affairs and subjects related to your choice course will be a very good way to prepare for the screening.

POST JAMB ORAL INTERVIEW PAST QUESTION
Now Available - Post Jamb Screening Oral Interview Past Questions and How to Master and Answer them
To help you, we have compiled a book on how to answer the most tough college oral interview questions.
The question cut across all School departments who wish to conduct oral interview in screening their candidates, remember you have just few mins 10-15 min to answer at least four Interview Questions put before you
Here are some typical questions you may encounter during an oral
interview admissions session.
> What make you to believe you deserve this admission than the rest candidate waiting for this screening
> How will you add value to our campus?
> Recommend a good book for me?

The Oral Interview Past Question and Best Answer. Explain how to answer all these tactical questions.
point to note, you answer should be unique and different from others, remember its an oral interview, if everybody keep saying same answer, the possibility of offering the admission to those applicant is low. Now is your chance to choose to be unique and different when answering your interview questions

Question:- How can i get the Post Screening Oral Interview Past Question and Answer for my school?
Answer:- To get a complete copy of the past questions - call me or send a text message you are interested and I will send you the procedure on how to get yours without stress. cost is N800

whatsap /mobile no. - 08051311885 I email - charlisco@gmail.com

for more details visit this link Post Screening Oral Interview Questions

ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB
Question: - I score below the cut-off mark, is there any hope, if any, how can i gain admission without jamb into any of the school this year?
Answer:- They are various programme run by Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education that does not require jamb form, the programme range from part-time, spat, nursing, school of marine, diploma, jupeb, predegree.
If you wish to obtain a degree result, to the best of my knowledge, Part-Time and JUPEB Programme run by Universities can only offer you that, Polytechnic and School of marine do award OND result, which you can later used to obtain jamb direct entry into University, but you
must make sure you come out with upper credit as school that accept jamb direct entry mostly give preference to candidate that graduate with distinction or upper credit.

Question
When should someone be expecting the sales of the form?
Answer.
Fupre Predegree,AAU Predegree and Jubep, Uniben Diploma –> in the Month of June
Sch of Marine Burutu, Ozoro Spat, Oghara Spat, Uniben Part-Time, PTI Part-time,- > in the Month of August
Auchi Spat, Delsu Pre-Degree –> in the month of November
Uniben JUPEB -> in the month July

For more details visit this link Admission Without Jamb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by pennywys(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2016
Hardaysheenar:
Some senseless candidates will b hoping 2 gain admission into a University like UI with 180 marks without passing 2ru any form of screening exercise..
am telling you, those dull folks in my area were so happy

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by cutiesaint1(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2016
Hardaysheenar:
must u use abusive words to to comment on dis trend? And wot is special about UI

1 Like

Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by unapapadeycraze: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
A
Re: NUC: Post-utme Cancellation Does Not Stop Screening by amclimax(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2016
So how senators and house of rep members na toothless dog abi? Still viewing Nigeria in 3D with my weed on!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU: Strike Continues Until FG Implements Offer / How JAMB Marks UTME Result Sheets / Sex For Marks: Dr. O.O Aduwo Investigated By Ekiti State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.