Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Trump Advocates Increased Military Strikes, Mosque Surveillance After Orlando - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Advocates Increased Military Strikes, Mosque Surveillance After Orlando (563 Views)

Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting / First Photos Of Some Of The 50 People Killed At A Gay Bar In Orlando Florida / Orlando Attack: Woman & Her Son Chat Before He Was Shot Dead At Orlando Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trump Advocates Increased Military Strikes, Mosque Surveillance After Orlando by tolexy007(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2016
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, responding to questions this morning about the shooting at an Orlando nightclub, doubled down on his pledge to stop Muslims from entering the U.S.
“We have to have a ban on people coming in from Syria and different parts of the world with this philosophy that is so hateful and so horrible,” Trump said on “ Good Morning America.”
“I want strength, I want vigilance, I want people to report when they see something bad," he argued. "The last thing I want is congratulations. I was right, and I had been right, and I am right.”
ABC's George Stephanopoulos asked Trump how a ban would have changed the situation in Orlando, given that the shooter, Omar Mateen, was a U.S. citizen.
"We have many people coming in whose hate is equal to his and just as bad and even worse frankly. We have stop people coming in, we have no documentation. We don’t know where they come from. They could be ISIS," he answered.

Trump said the U.S. needs “intelligence gathering like we have never had before" and reiterated his call for mosque surveillance. "We have to be very strong in terms of looking at the mosques,” he told Fox News.
In an interview with “CBS This Morning,” Trump seemed to suggest that the Muslim community knows “who the bad apples are, where the bad seeds are."
“Interestingly, the community, the Muslim community, the community where this maniac lived and where others lived -- as an example in San Bernardino, they found bombs all over the apartments and all over the floors. Many people saw that," Trump said. "They don't report these people. The people know who the bad apples are, where the bad seeds are and they don't report them. There's very little reporting of people like this.”
Trump also lashed out at Hillary Clinton on Fox News this morning, saying Clinton is “not the right person” to lead the country, “especially in these times."
“She’s a weak person. She’s weak on so many different levels,” Trump told “Fox and Friends.”
Trump went on to hit President Obama, hinting that there was a specific reason these attacks keep happening.
"He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands. It's one or the other. And either one is unacceptable, number one, and number two, calling on another gun ban, I mean, this man has no clue,” Trump said cryptically on Fox News.
Trump advocated increased military action overseas, though he declined to answer if he would support immediate military strikes against Raqaa, an ISIS stronghold in Syria.
“We’re going to have to start thinking about something, because we cannot continue to let this go forward,” Trump said.
In his interview on Fox News, Trump also expressed support for the LGBT community.
“What he’s done to the LGBT, what he’s done to the whole gay community is so, is so shocking ... They have to be so strong in coming out and so vigilant. What’s going to happen with that community is, I think, you’re going to at least have now some political pressure on our politicians to do the right thing."
Trump will be speaking about national security later today in New Hampshire.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-clinton-person-president-times/story?id=39812171&yptr=yahoo

(1) (Reply)

Indian Official Resigns Over 'rape Victim Selfie' / Mexicans If Trump Wins... / President Obama Holds Final Musical Night At The White House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.