Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter (27609 Views)

"I'm Never Buying Expensive Clothes For My Kids Again" - Seun Kuti / Seun Kuti: "Yahoo Boys Are Still Mugus To The Whites" / Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Baylam(m): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
ITT
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Cherishing(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
NovusHomo:

F-U-C-K Fela! God knows how many women he infected with the Aids virus.
Hahahaha you wey de talk God knows how many women u ve broken their hearts and child aborted grin

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by BarrElChapo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Abiola is a much a thief as IBB n OBJ... i believe fela 100%... i wish we hard activist like him today but sadly we don't...

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by BarrElChapo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
Abiola is a much a thief as IBB n OBJ... i believe fela 100%... i wish we had activist like him today but sadly we don't...
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
I never took this abiola guy serious though, ibb knew he's a shady guy that's why he was confident enough to deny him what is supposedly his.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Empredboy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
frubben:
Fela my man. Fela is one man that was always saying the plain truth in all facet of life. I still have his full album on my phone
honestly i have been looking for his full album. Can i send u a pm?
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Donzee02(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The real story is that Fela was on Decca label owned by Abiola. There was an argument over record sales and royalties, so Fela and his 27 queens and all his band boys headed for Decca records and illegally occupied the place for days until they were ejected by the police. Fela then hired some night soilsmen called agbepoo to go and dump buckets of poo poo(shit) in front of Abiolas house over night such that the occupants could not exit the house in the morning.
Seun should get his facts right please.
. Pls Bros you telling us that you know d story more than seun

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by deandavid(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
I thought I was the only one who saw this soils as a crook. How did he made his money.he collected money from govt to set up nitel in the country. He ate the money. He was part of the cabal then. So he is also like the Iboris, atikus,objs etc. Nothing special about him. June 12 can be declared democracy day and that should be all. Nothing special about abiola abeg.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by OpinionLeader: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
So Areonakakanfo was such an evil bastard genius?! cheesy

Little wonder some of his kinsmen ensured that he died in Prison. He probably would have done more damage than good just like the 'frog-eyed' king maker of our time. tongue

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by playboy19(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
RZArecta:
In the hint of demands to make June 12, Nigeria’s true democracy day, Seun Kuti, one of the sons of Afrobeat Legend, Late Fela Anikulapo shared a background story on the acclaimed winner of the June 12 election and his wife, Late Simbiat Abiola.

It will be recalled that Fela in one of his song title International Thief Thief (ITT) accused Abiola, Obasanjo, Muritala Muhammed and others of conniving with an international telecommunication company to embezzle money.

Read Seun Anikulapo Kuti’s Facebook post below…

[b]“Give me shít; I give u shít!!:

A certain Simbiat Abiola reported to the Police that FELA ANIKULAPO-KUTI, and his robbery gang stole her red car(make and model unknown) at gun point. Her husband, then a dear friend of IBB and Obasanjo took up the case to the Commissioner. Now this was a blatant lie against a man who never stole a penny in his life unlike them oooo. Fela was promptly arrested and thrown in jail. Abiola and the Police had tortured and bribed three ex convicts as prosecution witnesses to confirm Fela as the leader of their gang. This is a super true story ooo. Don’t be surprised, lemme continue. Fela was charged to court and 2 witnesses had confirmed Felas as their leader and the penalty under military was death! The 3rd witness though, was an ex kalakutian who Fela exiled because he stole. The young man’s conscience couldn’t take it and right there and then in court he spoke the truth that saved Fela lives. Now Fela was acquitted but Abiola and his wife were never tried for attempted murder. This was an attempt at Felas life through his well planned CIA gimmick.

Now to revenge, Fela rents a truck full of shit and goes to Abiola’s house at midnight, the rest is history. Give me shit, I give u shit has been on repeat all morning. June 12 day my gluteus Maximus”

.[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1087198154649351&id=188345707867938&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1087198154649351%3Atl_objid.1087198154649351%3Athid.188345707867938%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1467356399%3A8826426337447292622&__tn__=%2As

With Seun’s story, one can begin to connect the dots of why Fela abhorrs Abiola and the Military rulers of his time who unfortunately are the ones still controlling the Nigeria’s political system till this moment.

This boy should go and sit down somewhere and shut his mouth. He's the one telling us super story here. First, he was not there at the time as he was probably not yet born. Secondly is that, he failed to tell the whole world that Abiola, Obasanjo and his father Fela were friends from cradle. Matter of fact, the three attended the same secondary school. So this kid is only telling us one side of the story.

Yes Fela is a hero. A true Nigerian hero whom we all adore, but let this boy know that he needs not defame someone else in an effort to garner praise for Fela. Fela is Fela. Abiola is Abiola. Obasanjo is Obasanjo. They 3 are great men. Period!

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2016
Abiola was a criminal who in consortium with the evil genius - IBB - established all the ills that pervade our country to this day. He (Abiola) was the first person to bribe a military man, he also introduced contract inflation and single handedly set Nitel up for failure.

The reason Nigerians celebrate this charlatan marvels me. I will rather celebrate 1000 Felas than 0.5 Abiola! I spit on his grave

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by steve101: 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
WELL SINCE THE DEAD ARE NOT HERE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.... ALL I CAN DO IS READ COMMENTS

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The real story is that Fela was on Decca label owned by Abiola. There was an argument over record sales and royalties, so Fela and his 27 queens and all his band boys headed for Decca records and illegally occupied the place for days until they were ejected by the police. Fela then hired some night soilsmen called agbepoo to go and dump buckets of poo poo(shit) in front of Abiolas house over night such that the occupants could not exit the house in the morning.
u dy argue wit him pikin?

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Bom4Real: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
IBB knows How wicked and Bad Abiola was,THat was why He refused Him THE Presidential Win,i love Fela Kuti Very Much He IS THE Hero of democracy Not Abiola

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by passionate88: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
So abiola na thief too? Na im all these zombies dey shout for diezani come go leave abiola the international thief

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by ckmayoca: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
felifeli:

[size=14pt]Tell him to shut up. He probably wasn't yet born at that time. angry angry angry[/size]

Were u born during the civil war u do put ur mouthh into? Na him papa so he knows better.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by ckmayoca: 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
NovusHomo:

F-U-C-C Fela! God knows how many women he infected with the Aids virus.

If ur mom or aunt wasn't one of the ppl infected then u don't av the right to insult the dead.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by naptu2: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:

+100%

He also had issues with his record company in the late '80s and threatened to detain the CEO of the company at the Shrine.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by poseidon12: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
Shocking story. I never had about this. That was very wicked. So they almost wasted Fela just like that.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by AntiWailer: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
cassidy1996:
F. U . C . K Abiola F. uC .k june 12

u can say that again.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Surfboard(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
GeneralShepherd:
Abiola was a criminal who in consortium with the evil genius - IBB - established all the ills that pervade our country to this day. He (Abiola) was the first person to bribe a military man, he also introduced contract inflation and single handedly set Nitel up for failure.

The reason Nigerians celebrate this charlatan marvels me. I will rather celebrate 1000 Felas than 0.5 Abiola! I spit on his grave

If you think Abiola introduced contract inflation, then you never heard of Festus Okotie-Eboh.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by meltiplexer: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:

Are you one of abiola children nii to have known what really happen,i think you the that should get your fact right please. Seun is fela's son so he known what really happen to his father.

All this people way we they celebrate only God known their true personality, abeg ma go play tonight game on Naijabet joooooooooooo

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by frubben(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Empredboy:
honestly i have been looking for his full album. Can i send u a pm?

Yea why nt, buts its a very huge MB
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by malikisah: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
and idiots believe the story and passing idiotic comments
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by naptu2: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:

I remember this case very well, and even if I had forgotten I would have been reminded yesterday when Femi Falana spoke about it when he appeared before the Lagos State House of Assembly. It's not that Seun is wrong, but he has mixed up two incidents (1) the shit incident that occurred in the 1970s and (2) the murder incident that occurred in 1993.

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Rastamann: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:

Tell me how you wan take know the story pass the person wey im papa get the story! MKO was an ITT!
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by DCONE1(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
Seun should stop living under his fathers limelight he shouLd discover him self and grow his carrier...another thing that Baffles me is that fela openly insult all our religion ,infected women with aid,lived a lifestyle of drug abuse and still our youths worship him as their hero SMH this generation is lost
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Skain(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor:

To me this looks like the start of the story.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by Lyoncrescent: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/annulment-was-payment-for-abiolas-evil-deeds-sen-owie/

I believe Seun and the Decca story is also true.
Abiola won the election quite alright but to celebrate him as a hero of democracy is wrong and a scam. True heroes of democracy are the likes of Anthony enharoro and Gani Fawemmi. Abiola dined with the military. Its an open secret. If not that the likes of shehu yaradua , Olu falae and Ciroma were disqualified from running ,MKO wouldn't have gotten the ticket. What Democratic act did Abiola perform prior to June 12?

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by armadeo(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2016
This guy and felas laurels sha.
Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by naptu2: 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Caveatemptor has narrated the Decca - shit incident that occurred in the 1970s, so I'll narrate the murder incident. This case was widely covered by the Saturday papers then and Femi Falana also narrated part of it yesterday.

A man called Shokoya, who was the secretary or treasurer of Fela's band was accused of stealing the band's money. It is reported that Fela ordered that the man should be whipped. I don't know what happened after his was whipped, but he was later found dead on the road somewhere (sometime in January '93).

A few months later, the police arrested Fela and the two people that were alleged to have flogged the dead man and charged them to court for murder. Fela alleged that he was not guilty of murder and that the real reason he was actually arrested for political reasons.

Femi Falana yesterday narrated part of what happened during the trial (he didn't mention Fela's name until he had almost finished the story).

Mr Falana said that usually, when he wants to plead for bail for his client, he would tell the judge that his client has "no criminal record", but it was well known that this particular client had a criminal record, so he told the judge that his client had a "good criminal record".

Anyway, he was able to get bail for Fela and one of his boys, but he couldn't secure bail for the other boy because he couldn't get a good and responsible surety for him.

He said that his client was always on his case, saying, "You say you be human right lawyer, but my boy don dey for prison since". He said that he would always assure the client that he would get the boy freed.

Then Femi Falana had to travel for a conference and the client approached one of the lawyers in his chamber, "This your oga, I noo know wetin e dey do. See my boy don dey for Kirikiri since. Come, make I tell you wetin we go do". So they got another one of the client's boys and dressed him in a suit and took him to court to stand surety.

The judge asked the surety for his name and the surety told him his name. He then asked the surety for his occupation and he told the judge that he sells ogogoro (the lawyer was shocked by this answer). The judge then had a clue of what was happening. So he asked the surety if he sells indian hemp. The surety said that he doesn't know what that is, so the judge asked him if he sells igbo and he replied, "I dey try sah".

At this point the judge was furious and threatened to detain both the lawyer and the guy. The lawyer had to do everything possible to placate the judge.

When they left the court, the lawyer angrily asked the boy, "How could you say that you sell igbo?" And the boy said, "Fela say make we no dey lie",

Re: Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter by armadeo(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
passionate88:
So abiola na thief too? Na I'm all these zombies dey shoot for diezani come go leave abiola the international thief

You should download ITT by fela. It tells the whole story.

Toyin Lawani Shares Sexy New Photos / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Beyonce And Usher Were Flirting

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63