Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Hotel In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hotel In Abuja (7414 Views)

The New Four Point Hotel In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State (see Photo) / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched / Good & Cheap Hotel In Abuja (n8-n10)k/nite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel In Abuja by ruescho(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2006
Want to travel to Abuja next Year.

What Hotel can u recommend?

The Necon Hilton or the Sheraton or do u know any other good hotel around?

I am asking this cos a friend of mine recently traveled there and said the Necon that now is called Transcorp is full of prostitutes.
I donĀ“t need this when travelling with family (also not when I travel alone grin)

Thx ruescho
Re: Hotel In Abuja by kaylala(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2006
Men,i don't know how i can advise you.

There are lot and lots of hotels and suites in Abuja that you will like and enjoy.

Prostitute don't disturb you if you don't talk to them.
Re: Hotel In Abuja by ruescho(m): 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2006
thx, but this is not really helpfull.
can u name some of them?
my search in the internet also did not bring results,
just some general information about hotels,
but no tipp where to stay in a good and neat place.
Re: Hotel In Abuja by kaylala(m): 10:47pm On Nov 28, 2006
Simans suite,Valencia,Chida,Chelsea,Bolingo,Sharon, more to come
Re: Hotel In Abuja by ruescho(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2006
Thx a lot I already checked the webpages.
Wonder if they charges Nigerians living abroad the residential or the non-residential rate?
Re: Hotel In Abuja by ruescho(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2006
This is what I found in the bnet, seems to be a rather common problem:

Protea, the South African hotel chain, ran this place for over a year. The hotel's name is now the Bolingo, its old name before Protea management came and left. As for the South Africans, same old same old in Nigeria. Their joint partner was holding back payments and giving Protea a difficult time, wanted more money. So Protea cut and ran to better management opportunities. A major hinderance to foreign investment in Nigeria is that a large percentage of any hotel or venture has to be in Nigerian hands. That means you can easily get cheated or have to wait to get paid, like most who deal in Nigeria.

The hotel is on the main road in from the airport, really close to the business and government area. The new US Embassy, yet to be completed, is basically across the busy highway. Not a bad location, and nice building, but the property has fallen into typically poor management.

The grounds are secure, the lobby is nice with a so-so restaurant. The service and rooms under Protea's management were fair, now under new Nigerian management the hotel is on the decline. Not sure what it is with Nigeria, hotels are overpriced, service is usally poor, nothing stays clean for long, every wall and window seems to have fingerprints or filth on it. The government owned hotels, Bolingo is not, are some of the worst in the world. I've been to some rat holes, but hotels like the Lake Chad in Maiduguri and the Central Hotel in Kano could not be more dirty or unwelcoming. Even the airport Shearton in Lagos is a study in filth, though the restaurant is ok, and service tends to be better in Lagos.

So the Bolingo, no longer Protea, is still newer, the elevators still work, towels still resemble towel not dish rags. It is an ok choice, but for the money go to the Rockview, near the Hilton, the Mediterrean near ECOWAS. Or just pay more and stay at Hilton or Sheraton.

1 Like

Re: Hotel In Abuja by kaylala(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2006
Anyways,the choice is your to chose a better uption.

Top rank,Reiz,Ibro,Bolton white,prelude resort,1st forty etc
Re: Hotel In Abuja by ny4u(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2007
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/c[left][/left]olor]

Re: Hotel In Abuja by ny4u(m): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2007
Abuja s a nice place. www.wheretogoinabuja.com
Re: Hotel In Abuja by tinkinfela(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2008
Afri Hotel, it's affordable and i think it's a 3 star.
Re: Hotel In Abuja by Nians: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2009
Yeah! A friend of mine is travelling to Abuja and would like to know of any cheap hotel in Central Area, Abuja. Budget is betwen 5,000-7,500 Naira a night. Any tip about this and transportation. Thanks
Re: Hotel In Abuja by Rosabelle(f): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2009
I just found these. I dont know if the info is up to date:

Vinotel Hotel,
57, Mandel astreet, Asokoro,
Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: 234-9-314 2801(-3) Standard Rm. N4,800.
Superior Rm. N5,000.
Executive Rm N5,500.
Deluxe Rm. N6,500.
Royal Deluxe Suite N8,500.

Church Guest House (Anglican Communion)
23 Douala Street,
Wuse Zone 5,
Abuja, Nigeria Standard N4,000.
Studio N4,500.
Suite N6,000.

Pope John Paul II Guest House
4 Bangui Street, Wuse II,
Abuja, Nigeria Studio N3,450.
Standard N4,550
Super N4,850.
Suite N5,950.

Hosanna Guest House
8 Quthing close, off Kolda Street
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria Studio N3,000.
Standard N3,500.
Superior N4,500.
Royal Suite N5,500.

ECWA Guest House
34 Blantyre Street,
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria Single N4,000.
Standard N5,000.
Royal (3bedrm with kitchen & palour) N25,000.

1 Like

Re: Hotel In Abuja by ttravels: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2010
contact treaven travels for more info on 07088764484, 08165537445
Re: Hotel In Abuja by Iretia(m): 6:40am On Dec 06, 2010
There are over 43million internet users in Nigeria as at June2010 representing almost 29% of Nigerian total population according to a recent ITU statistics (Source: http://www.internetworldstats.com/africa.htm#ng). So you stop and ask yourself why a 21st century hotel in Lagos will not want to have a web presence espeically in this era of Facebook, cloud computing, Google, yahoo, etc?

Some hotels who do have their own websites, however deliberately provided very limited information about their facilities, and in some cases completely remove their hotel prices from their websites! Potential guests are expected to call the hotels first to get this information. But hey, lets face it, forcing potential guests to call the hotels first to get their prices is punishment as they are already incurring phone cost even before booking the hotel. What is ganied by witholding vital decision making information from potential guests?
Some people argued that not publishing the hotel rates means the hotels do not give ammunitions to their competitors. This is unadulterated nonsense. What stops a competitor from making a probing call pretending to be a guest to get this so called ammunition?
Nigerian Hotels that do not have websites or refuse to include hotel prices on their websites may be hiding more than just prices; perhaps they are hiding more serious details like hidden charges, lack of adequate security for their guests, etc. If you are therefore searching for a good hotel to stay in Lagos either for business or pleasure , be wary of hotels that do not publish their nightly rates on their websites and run away from those hotels that do not have web presence, they are still living in the era of "Bolekaja".

Hotels that are listed on www.LagosLocation.com have nothing to hide, majority of them do feel that publishing their prices on LagosLocation.com gives them some strategic advantage in a highly competitive market.Looking for a good hotel in Lagos? Start your search on LagosLocation.com -compare prices, facilities, book online and get booking confirmation directly from the hotel.

Re: Hotel In Abuja by Akintoey: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Your prices are not up to date just use an online booking website like www.hotels.ng to get your price
Rosabelle:
I just found these. I don't know if the info is up to date:

Vinotel Hotel,
57, Mandel astreet, Asokoro,
Abuja, Nigeria
Tel: 234-9-314 2801(-3) Standard Rm. N4,800.
Superior Rm. N5,000.
Executive Rm N5,500.
Deluxe Rm. N6,500.
Royal Deluxe Suite N8,500.

Church Guest House (Anglican Communion)
23 Douala Street,
Wuse Zone 5,
Abuja, Nigeria Standard N4,000.
Studio N4,500.
Suite N6,000.

Pope John Paul II Guest House
4 Bangui Street, Wuse II,
Abuja, Nigeria Studio N3,450.
Standard N4,550
Super N4,850.
Suite N5,950.

Hosanna Guest House
8 Quthing close, off Kolda Street
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria Studio N3,000.
Standard N3,500.
Superior N4,500.
Royal Suite N5,500.

ECWA Guest House
34 Blantyre Street,
Wuse II, Abuja, Nigeria Single N4,000.
Standard N5,000.
Royal (3bedrm with kitchen & palour) N25,000.

Re: Hotel In Abuja by Jpoppin(m): 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
Rockview Hotel is one of the best hotels to use when in Abuja.
Re: Hotel In Abuja by bujebudanu1(m): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2018
ruescho:
Thx a lot I already checked the webpages.
Wonder if they charges Nigerians living abroad the residential or the non-residential rate?

Simple.just get somebody or a friend to help.you check around and book.

He might negotiate well in terms of fees
Cos most people don't pay d front desk amount

(1) (Reply)

Tipper Crushes Lady At Addo Road, Ajah (extremely Graphic) / Turkish Airline. / Finland Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.