Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job (16037 Views)

These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired / 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You're Looking For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by BISolutionsng: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
The job search can be frustrating and draining, but here’s how to keep your spirits up and boost your chances of getting hired

The ability to get — and stay — motivated during a job hunt is one of the most critical skills for anyone looking for work. This is especially true today, when it takes considerably more time and energy to find employment than it did a decade ago.

1. Be realistic about the job-search time frame.

Brace yourself for the inevitable speed bumps of a job search. For example, don’t expect to land an interview within a week or two of starting your hunt.

2. Believe in yourself.

Like a successful salesperson, you must believe that what you’re selling has value. When looking for a job, you’re essentially selling yourself and your experience.

3. Take a project-management approach.

Break down the search process into a series of goals, spread out over time. For example, give yourself one week to draft a resume & cover letter. Other suggested milestones:

Within one month: Network face to face with 15 to 20 people who could help you find work.

Within three months: Secure three job interviews…etc

4. Evaluate your progress.

Take time out once a week to assess how your job search is going.

Ask yourself: What have I done? What haven’t I done? What’s working? What isn’t?

5. Keep your body, mind and soul healthy.

How you take care of yourself while job hunting can have a huge impact on your productivity in finding work. Make sure you eat well, exercise regularly and get enough sleep.

6. Learn how to handle rejection.

Getting turned down by prospective employers is tough.
The way to handle rejection is to look at it the way a successful salesperson does: It’s a numbers game where every “no” gets you one step closer to the “yes” you need.

7. Take time off.

Five hours of job hunting a day is draining. So step back from time to time to avoid burning out.
And try not to look for a job on weekends. That’s the time to enjoy yourself and to relax with the people you care most about.

We wish you all the best on your journey towards greatness.

The BI Empowerment Team

http://biempowerment.com/2016/06/14/7-ways-stay-motivated-youre-looking-job-2/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by AyamConfidence(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2016
nice advice OP make I add small join

cool PRAY : when you feel you can't go on anymore...remember God and talk to him...he will make you strong

9) YOU CAN START A BUSINESS : somebody created the one you're looking for. ..you too can create for other people

cheers all

lalasticlala please is this not FP worthy during this hard times

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Nairaland

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Whizzcute(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
ok. seen

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by orlaryhincah(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
How To Have 2 Whatsapp On Your Blackberry 10 Device - http://giditrips.com/having-2-whatsapp-on-your-blackberry-10-device

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Taryur3(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
The master key is not here.PRAYER

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by jerrado(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Gud one

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by mbaka0433: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
ok.....observe

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Skybee1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ds is wondaful i ll do jst dat

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by kingajibola(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Also..... know that there is time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. A time to search and a time to get... have faith that you will definitely get your dream job.
There is nothing that has a beginning that doesn't has an end.... so believe the time of your job search will end.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by naijatechworld: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
Although I just recently created a topic for this question, I wanted to hear other people's views on this. I've observed that web traffic for Nigerian job websites or let's just say job websites for Africa in general are always low in numbers like in the thousands. But when you check the web traffic for social communities/networks in Africa or Nigeria like Nairaland or like Linda Ikeji Blog, or just news they are so high like in the millions. I would think that many people would use the internet to get more money. Am I wrong in my thinking? Is it that everybody that can afford the internet, does not need a job? What is going on? Please explain.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
Every good thing comes from God

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by shamecurls(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
Also, Whenever it goes the other way, Refresh yourself with a big plate of cat-fish pepper soup with 6 bottles of Odeku to wash it down

You cant kill yaself

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by badthinds: 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2016

..just keep drinking pure water and groundnut... knowing that one day bread go enter... that's how to stay motivated. grin

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Dominionhost(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Be optimistic no matter what

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
AyamConfidence:
nice advice OP make I add small join
cool PRAY : when you feel you can't go on anymore...remember God and talk to him...he will make you strong
9) YOU CAN START A BUSINESS : somebody created the one you're looking for. ..you too can create for other people
cheers all
lalasticlala please is this not FP worthy during this hard times

Nice post but you should know that entrepreneurship is not for everyone. Some people are more productive following instead of leading. Some people are very productive when they work for other people but they also turn entrepreneurs because of the "be your own boss" mantra and their businesses later fail. God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by komododragons: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
bros something never do you!

motivated dey look for job more than 4yrs.

craze go be your middle name

4 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by yerakola(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
be positive. stay focus nd be prayerful

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by sibepoc(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
Another way is to make sure hunger kill you. You will stay motivated by force

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by sibepoc(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
badthinds:

..just keep drinking pure water and groundnut... knowing that one day bread go enter... that's how to stay motivated. grin

Thank me later

You get am

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Nutase: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
Who cares

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by chimah3(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
The only way is to finally get a job!!

But the surest way is to find Visa leave this mad house 'Nigeria'

5 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by theddy007(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
I need a driving job........on the island...lekki or v.I...anyone with useful hint should helep me pls...08175363875

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Catalyst007(m): 7:19pm On Jun 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Adesiji77: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
theddy007:
I need a driving job........on the island...lekki or v.I...anyone with useful hint should helep me pls...08175363875

Check this post https://www.nairaland.com/2907013/updated-new-job-vacancies/95#46555313

They are hiring Professional Drivers for their clients in LAGOS and PORTHARCOURT.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by AyamConfidence(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Nice post but you should know that entrepreneurship is not for everyone. Some people are more productive following instead of leading. Some people are very productive when they work for other people but they also turn entrepreneurs because of the "be your own boss" mantra and their businesses later fail. God help us all.
boss I grab your reasoning and I believe you...I'm just advising guys that have the talent and commitment...but na God hand everything dey sha....cheers

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
AyamConfidence:
boss I grab your reasoning and I believe you...I'm just advising guys that have the talent and commitment...but na God hand everything dey sha....cheers
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by AyamConfidence(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Nice one bro
Jahbless sir....tuale

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by Lifehack: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Watch how to apply for Npower programe for employment of 500,000 Nigerians

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYk_CMcZD4M[/flash]

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Stay Motivated When You’re Looking For A Job by toygod2: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2016
me likey

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercy Corps April 2018 Recruitment (5 Positions) / World Bank Job Vacancies In Nigeria, March 2013 / Free Dragnet Questions And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.