Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,859,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) (788 Views)

A Clarion Call To All Biafran / What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? / Legalizing Marijuana, Clarion Call To General Buhari -ymodulus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by smogville(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2009
“Youths obey the clarion call, let us lift our nation high”, that’s part of what we sang in our days as youth corpers joyfully serving our father’s land. The reality today is that as youths we are not obeying that clarion call. Nigeria as a nation is crying for help from the hands of the predators we call leaders today. But the youths are sitting still and laying back, waiting for the next man to answer that call. The Ganis, Falanas, Utomis, Okoties et al cannot do it alone, we all must put our hands on deck and be "RESPONSIBLE" for what is happening around us.

Our problem is that, we are too laid back. We all want the other man to be responsible for solving the problem of Nigeria, but it is not so. Even Obama said so in his speech in Ghana, That the future of Africa lies in the hands of young Africans, that includes you and me(just in case you are exempting yourself). We cannot wait for anybody to come and help us fight our battles. Look at how Obama won the American election with the help of young Americans; look at what Iranians did to their leaders in the last election.

People everywhere in the world are using the Internet and social networking sites to affect and change their world for the better; I wonder what we are doing. It is surprising that if you post a political issue on your profile, Nigeria youths will simple ignore you, like- what is this guy talking about, let him mind his business, as if what am talking about is not our business. As a matter of fact, some will go as far as calling you an activist.

For African and indeed Nigeria to rise again, we all need to take a stand and fight for our nation to be great. It will definitely take a price for Nigeria to be great again. Don’t get me wrong, I am not advocating for violence in any form, but I think we can use what we have in our hands now to get to where we want, if you can read this, it means you have a tool in your hand. The Internet is a very potent tool, let us use it, others have used it and it worked for them, lets not be left out.

For us as a nation to have Good governance in 2011, now is the time for us to start preparing, even the Hawks and gladiators in our political sphere have started preparing, so what are we waiting for. Lets put our heads together, lets form a network and take the future of our great nation in our hands, posterity will not forgive us if we don’t.

I look forward to your comments and contributions.
Re: The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by Jaybee2412(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2009
I have just enlisted
Re: The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by experts: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2009
U re indeed one of d real nigerians. Bt let us ask ourselves,how can we fulfil dis mission. When we are getting no where with wat we hv started. It is on dis nairaland we created an organisation named as d nigerian development movement. We started well but right now were are we? Nigeria will only move forward when we d youth want progress bt not limited 2 dat,bt proceed 2 think abt d way forward and act. Yes we should act organise and maintain our stand.
Re: The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by msaalli(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2009
There is a difference between setting up a movement and setting up a movement with an ideology behind it and with a definite purpose, We the youth need to go further than setting up movements and set up movements based on sincere ideologies, I believe that is the only way we can change the mindset of our generation and those coming behind us, that is the bridge between our glorious past of the 1940s-60s and our glorious future beyond the current wave of morally bankrupt usurpers of governance.
Re: The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by olagboye(m): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
Sometimes, when i think about what we have gone through in this country, I cant hold my tears from streaming down my eyes. Nigerians have really suffered in the hands of these Vampires claiming to be our leaders! IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF US TO ARISE AND COME TOGETHER TO SAVE NIGERIA FROM TOTAL COLLAPSE. In the Holy Bible, when Goliath challenged The Israelites, NOONE was able to face him but, little David did! We know the rest of the story. If our Elders are not ready to do anything, We the Youths are ready to fight! Long live Nigeria!!!
Re: The Future Vs The Nigerian Youth (clarion Call) by bilms(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2009
I really appreciate all this encouraging words from us all,

but, getting out of this situation is beyond talks,

although it starts with talks then action, continuity and right direction.

but still i think without starting something, we will keep talking till 2011,

Lets start something,

now the question is where do we start? i am realyy happy to be part of this thinking and i hope we are are ready for d challenge

(1) (Reply)

You Are My Mugu, You Are My Monkey.‏ / Appoint President And Vp From Same Region. / Yar’adua: Saudi Hospital Flies In Experts From Us, Europe - Plans To Stabilise H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.