Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,030 members, 7,866,891 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

State Of The Economy: The Need To Start/grow Your Own Business - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / State Of The Economy: The Need To Start/grow Your Own Business (862 Views)

We Get You Started With Your Own Business / The Need To Get Your Dispensers Cleaned And Disinfected Every 3 Months / How To Grow Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Economy: The Need To Start/grow Your Own Business by Mboi: 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
The recent Economic recession is no longer NEWS to us Nigerians and the world at large. Basically the current economic situation especially in Nigeria today has actually made things very difficult for an average man. People lose their jobs every day, businesses close down, people die in hospitals because no money to pay for certain treatments and so many other difficulties faced by many people. As at now, people find it difficult managing their salaries because as prices of food items and other things have gone up, salaries still remain the same. Some businesses which are import based find it difficult to survive because of the difficulties in foreign exchange access.

As a matter of fact, one of the major reasons why we are in this mess today is because many of us depend so much on foreign products, Nigerian government get 98% of their foreign exchange from oil. So now that world oil prices have gone down coupled with the Niger Delta Avengers attacks on pipelines, Nigerian government now face double challenges in terms of forex earnings which in turn affects mostly international businesses today. Millions of graduates come out every year chasing few available jobs in few companies in Nigeria which make a lot of graduates unemployed.

So what are we saying. These are issues we can solve ourselves without waiting for the government. I have heard a lot of people blaming the government for not creating jobs, many blame the government for poor business flow. To me, I think we Nigerians need to wake up, it’s high time we venture into self- employment, turning our passion into money making ventures. An Indian man says that MONEY FLOWS IN EVERY STREET IN NIGERIA BUT NIGERIANS CAN’T SEE IT. What does this mean; he means that there are so many opportunities to making money in Nigeria but Nigerians are not seeing these opportunities.
I am sharing this with us because I have made a lot of enquiries on various businesses (not get-rich-quick or online biz) and find out that many of those little things we look down on actually yield money more than many white collar jobs. All we need is proper enquiry, information and good packaging or formation. Starting a business is only a money problem, it’s usually an idea problem. The difference between the rich and the poor is not about the money, it’s the knowledge. The power to achieve our dreams lies in our hands, all we need is to be rightly informed. Nigeria is a country with various money making opportunities but we always blame government for not providing jobs, businesses for us simply because we lack the knowledge and information.
Recently the federal government just announced their plans to recruiting 500,000 graduates for teaching at N23,000 monthly take home. Can you imagine a graduate taking N23k as salary every month, but there are a lot of simple things you can do which can fetch you 4times of that amount in a month. It’s all about being informed.
Example of what am saying; My cousin finished his NYSC and came to Lagos in search of job. While staying in my house I noticed he knows so much about phones applications and minor repairs. I asked him how come, he said he just like doing that. I now told him to go and learn it properly and be making little money before good job comes. He went for 3months training at Ikeja, I helped him secure an office somewhere in Lagos mainland and he started repairing phones with his laptop. He works on both small and high-tech phones and I tell you he was making btw N5000 to N12000 daily. This happened 2014 and till now he is still in the business and has expanded to selling phones and it’s accessories with repairs. Some of his mates are still looking for a job while from what people think it’s for non-graduates he is living well with, driving his own car. This is a good

I was working with a Telecom company as a customer care representative from 2008 as a contract staff then. In 2010 a colleague of mine said his uncle told him about transportation business but he will be the driver himself. He said the business will be with a cargo van to be carrying loads for companies, individuals and business people within Lagos and to nearby states. I asked him how can a graduate be a bus driver. In 2011 he acquired a Mercedes cargo bus and started doing skeletal work on his off days. Carrying a load from Lagos Island to Ikeja or Lagos mainland gives him like N6000 or more after expenses. Sometimes he will have to do it 3times a day. After a while he decided to face the business completely and resigned. He printed complementary cards, registered a business name and started sourcing for jobs from companies and ordinary business men and was making good money from the business. After two years he was able to buy another bus and started getting long lasting contracts from companies. As at year 2014, those of us that are still working with the telecom company were earning below N100,000 a month but one of his buses makes above N150,000 monthly for him.

My neighbor’s wife fries chin chin. She use to sell in her shop on the street but later got the idea of supplying to schools and other shops and people. She repackaged the chin chin with a label of her business and number and started supplying to schools, supermarkets, grocery stores. Every day she supplies about 100 or more chin chin packs to different schools and shops at N40 per pack while they sell N50/pack. She also supplies 13packs for N500 to some of her customers. At the end of the week she realizes N20,000 and more which gives her nothing less than N80,000 monthly. These things are things that live with us but we overlook such opportunities looking for jobs that do not exist. There are so many opportunities and businesses like this one can do and earn higher amount weekly or monthly which I can’t write all here. You will be surprised that many of them are things you come across or hear of everyday but you have not shown any interest in any of them to know how they work.
These examples above are just few of the very many businesses one can start up anywhere in Nigeria and live well with them, grow and expand the business and even employ people to work in the business. You can still prosper in bad economic times, it all depends on the knowledge and how informed you might be. Follow me if you are interested in starting your own business that can earn you up to N100,000 and above monthly. I have about 20 real businesses (not importation, not MLM, not online business) you can set up here in Nigeria in this bad economic time and you will confirm that working hard pays big time.
I cannot list all these business details here, send me an email to: starinze@yahoo.com if you need more business ideas. Also if there’s any business you want to do or you are thinking of going into, you can still send me an email, I might have one or two tips or ideas I can give you about the business. I am into transportation with my cargo van and it’s been nice.
Only hard work guarantees long lasting success..

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Investor / The Inexhaustible Power Of The Sun / RMB For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.