Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

How To Connect With Divine Favour. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Connect With Divine Favour. (1220 Views)

10 Ways To Obtain Divine Favour / Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi / Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect With Divine Favour. by mahobi: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
I intend to begin a series of teachings here on Nairaland, based on my personal reflection of the scriptures.

My continuation, or discontinuation thereof, may depend on, how well this is received.

Today, I write on the topic:
How to connect with Divine Favour.

Gen 18 2-5

2. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men stood at a little distance from him. He ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the ground

3. And said, My lord, if now I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant, I beg of you.

4. Let a little water be brought, and you may wash your feet and recline and rest yourselves under the tree.

5. And I will bring a morsel (mouthful) of bread to refresh and sustain your hearts before you go on further--for that is why you have come to your servant. And they replied, Do as you have said.

There is a very distinct difference between favour and divine favour, In order for us to understand how to connect with divine favour, we must first of all define the differences.

Mere Favour is received. You are given favour with a saturation of mixed feelings. But brethren, you cannot just receive Divine Favour, you have to find it. You can receive a favour from your wife, but you find favour with God.

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:8

Then Moses said to the LORD, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people!' But You Yourself have not let me know whom You will send with me Moreover, You have said, 'I have known you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.'
Exodus 33:12

Favour brings finite joy. Happiness that can cease, Possession that can be accounted for . With favour, you are like the man who is given a car on hire purchase, Divine favour gives you the keys to the car at no single cost. Divine favour brings joys that cannot be counted.

Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, "You are not My people," It will be said to them, "You are the sons of the living God."
Hosea 10:1

Favour gives you a job you are not qualified for. Divine favour gives you a job and qualifies you for a promotion.

It is important that we understand the difference. Favour is powered by heartily praise, Divine favour is powered by Divine Grace. Grace that became ours because of Christ's death

This, however does not mean that, Divine Favour is readily available for us. This leads us to the question. Why should we find Divine Favour?

He shall pray unto God, and he will receive him with favour; and he shall see his face with shoutings, and he will render unto man his righteousness. Job 33:26

Divine Favour is the password to God's ATM card. So having God's favour is like having access to God's Bank account. So when God sees your prayer with the eyes of his Favour, brethren, be expectant of a Divine Alert.

Finding Divine Favour expresses that you are committed to his cause, because you cannot find something that is not important to you.

It is like doing the chores in God's house. God has kept his ATM together with the password under the carpet for you to find. You will only discover this if you sweep under the carpet.

It is commitment that gives you access to Divine Favour. Commitment to worship, Commitment to pray, Commitment to serve, Commitment to be of help to others.

Abraham was a Man, that showed commitment to Faith,
And he [Abram] believed in (trusted in, relied on, remained steadfast to) the Lord, and He counted it to him as righteousness 
Genesis 15:6

He sighted the messengers of God from afar, and he ran towards them, to greet them.(Commitment). Some will see Divine Favour coming, and will still cross legs.
You need to meet God half way. The same principle can be applied to opportunity. Opportunity is in Abuja, on a bus to your house in Lagos. Brethren, Enter Bus and claim it in Edo.
That was why Abraham found favour with God. Commitment.

AFTER THESE things, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram, I am your shield, your abundant compensation, and your reward shall be exceedingly great.
Genesis 15:1
Divine Favour is exceedingly great.

The Lord gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they gave them what they asked. And they stripped the Egyptians [of those things].
Exodus 12:36

When you find God's favour, you have the authority to take as you like. To take what you want, to take until you are tired.
It wasn't that the Egyptians could not resist the requests of the Israelites, it was that, they couldn't resist the authority of divine favour.

Favour will connect your contract to the person in charge of the project. Divine favour will put you in charge of the project from the person who collected your contract, because the authority that comes with Divine Favour is not an authority of permission.

In as much as commitment is the requisite for Divine favour, Never mistake consignment for commitment. Praying because you need to pray is not the same thing as praying because you want to pray. They are actions with opposing ends. Needing prayer is an act of consignment... That is, assigning the action of prayer because of what the action can do for you. Wanting it, is commitment. That is, assigning the action because of what you can do with it.

I pray for Divine Favour upon all who are reading this.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Been To Mfm Prayer City Deliverance / Any Omnist On Nairaland? / Funny Reactions As TB Joshua Goes Mountain Top To Pray Against Corona Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.