Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

MTN Is At It Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Is At It Again (4579 Views)

MTN Is Giving 1G And 500MB Out Free.. / Mtn Is Giving Away Free 4GB Data This 2017 :check Out / Awoof! MTN Is Giving Free 100% Browsing Now...see How! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
This is something I just don't understand in this country. I don't know where else to report or complain about this MTN frequent extortions from MTN.

I'm now scared of leaving or recharging credit on my phone. it all started with MTN backup, afro beat and caller tune deductions. Whenever I recharge they would keep deducting the money till I have nothing left. I've called the customer care severely about it but all they keep telling me was that they're sorry, that they have canceled it yet after some days they start again. I had to go to there twitter page and complain, which they refunded me the money and all the deductions stopped.

Now this night I recharged #200 and tried transferring 100 to my main line (cus I want to subscribe for their night plan) but was shocked by the sms I got that I have insufficient balance. I quickly dialed *556# to check my balance but nothing was there.
The customer care rep told to call back tomorrow..That he is sorry bla bla

I know the money is small but this is daylight robbery. Imagine when they do this to about 500k subscribers.

All I want is my airtime back.

This extortions must stop.

cc lalasticlala seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Is At It Again by Hundreddegrees(m): 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2016
Get a different Sim card from a different service provider...

Simple

4 Likes

Re: MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 10:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hundreddegrees:
Get a different Sim card from a different service provider...

Simple
You mean I should forget my money and join another SP and lose my contacts? What about others in my shoe right now.

NCC should do something about these guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Is At It Again by kio052001(m): 11:00pm On Jun 14, 2016
fingard02k:

You mean I should forget my money and join another SP and lose my contacts? What about others in my shoe right now.

if getting another sim scares u
then port to another network
at least u still retain ur number

problem solved
simple as ABC

2 Likes

Re: MTN Is At It Again by Engrobiorah(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
That's how they want to get the money they are owing FG undecided undecided undecided
Daylight robbery

1 Like

Re: MTN Is At It Again by darksuit(m): 12:19am On Jun 15, 2016
Daylight Robbery ni 10:21pm
Btw dont be recharging more than u need per time If i Recharge now I make sure i finish all my credit b4 5 minutes Those guys are light fingered

1 Like

Re: MTN Is At It Again by shakablaiize(m): 12:27am On Jun 15, 2016
fingard02k:

Yea facing same problem... each time I recharge dey normally deduct my money ...I tire for them oh...but I'll take the fight yo twitter as you did too ..this nonsense must stop
Re: MTN Is At It Again by 00Ademi(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2016
Who stil uses mtn...... Join anoda sp...
Re: MTN Is At It Again by kayc0(f): 4:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Re: MTN Is At It Again by magabounce(m): 4:51am On Jun 15, 2016
@Op don't give up o... keep calling customer care.. the 2nd they tell u to call bk, hang-up and call dem bk... they deducted my 50 naira.. I dedicated 1 whole day calling them... up till the next day before they returned my,N50... don't get swayed @ Op continue calling them... Thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Is At It Again by Brayss(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2016
Xame with Airtel
Re: MTN Is At It Again by NevetsIbot(m): 6:31am On Jun 15, 2016
those thieves.... Imagine. I slipped my mtn sim into my phone to use the 200n airtime in it.... I held the phone and 11msg entered from callertunez.... You know the rest.

''your main bal is 00:0''

Thieves. Airtel all the way
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Legitbaba(m): 6:44am On Jun 15, 2016
They are deducting #25 from ma two.mtn lines everyday... whenever there is more Dan #25 in any of the sims...it's gone.before the next day....I taya for Mtn o
Re: MTN Is At It Again by adekoonlay(m): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2016
I've being using my mtn line nw since 2009 n my #1 has never been deducted. watch wat u do on ur line bro. Most of u subscribe to this services ignorantly and b4 migrating to any plan, ask for d terms and conditions, most comes with a month free trial of all this services and once the free trial expires I'm always sure a msg is sent telling u that you'll be charged d next month and to stop it do the following but most u choose to delete those msges instantly without even going through them.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Is At It Again by Angelo45(m): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2016
Legitbaba:
They are deducting #25 from ma two.mtn lines everyday... whenever there is more Dan #25 in any of the sims...it's gone.before the next day....I taya for Mtn o
Hohohoho cheesy cheesy bros sure say no b person wey know u dey do dat tin.. Ur case critical o grin
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Olusheyi1(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2016
adekoonlay:
I've being using my mtn line nw since 2009 n my #1 has never been deducted. watch wat u do on ur line bro. Most of u subscribe to this services ignorantly and b4 migrating to any plan, ask for d terms and conditions, most comes with a month free trial of all this services and once the free trial expires I'm always sure a msg is sent telling u that you'll be charged d next month and to stop it do the following but most u choose to delete those msges instantly without even going through them.

Eh it's not about subscribing ignorantly O! I've been as careful as possible with even my Etisalat sim but overtime, they keep charging for what I didn't subscribe for. What about you calling your line and you realise that the Ringtone assigned to your line is not even one of the songs in your phone and they claim you are charged because of the Ringtone! Who subscribe? All of them do that on some SIMs....
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Koolmexxi(m): 7:04am On Jun 15, 2016
adekoonlay:

Oga d fact dat u think dey haven't touched a dime from from doesn't mean u are doing everything ryt or those who suffer deductions have done something wrong. U want us to believe u've kept track of every single dime on ur line? It's either u don't recharge at all or u have no idea how u are being ripped off. I had about 3gb plus wiped out from my data even though d sim was in my modem dat I haven't used since d last time I checked d data balance.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Is At It Again by Angelo45(m): 7:09am On Jun 15, 2016
@op go get another line from a different service provider. Forget mtn.. I know its painful but just let it go
Re: MTN Is At It Again by shakablaiize(m): 7:39am On Jun 15, 2016
Tweeted the bastards over night money refunded angry grin grin
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Earth2Metahuman: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2016
I can't remember the last time I loaded my mtn, and I have spent over 10k on recharge card this month.. MTn simply sucks grin
Re: MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2016
adekoonlay:

I'm not a novice in ICT. The main reason I bought that line is for browsing cus I don't like removing my main line. So tell me how I subscribed for caller tune in a line I hardly use for calls. I've called them severally to deactivate everything on that line that has been milking my credit
Re: MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 8:18am On Jun 15, 2016
kayc0:
to deactivate d Mtn backup just test stop to 307.
That 'stop' didn't work then. . after sending it then I got no reply, they stopped deducting that after talking with their twitter rep.
Re: MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2016
Their customer care reps are still saying same thing. . that they can't do anything, that they're sorry bla bla even their twitter guy is yet to give me feedback after telling me he will look into it.
Re: MTN Is At It Again by adekoonlay(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2016
fingard02k:

I'm not a novice in ICT. The main reason I bought that line is for browsing cus I don't like removing my main line. So tell me how I subscribed for caller tune in a line I hardly use for calls. I've called them severally to deactivate everything on that line that has been milking my credit
Do u know was u migrate to MTN I pulse u get automatic subscription to free caller tunes trial that will expire like after a month n some other services like learn English n fashion guide n same as other plans. And after d expiration of this free trials a message is always been sent to notify the customer.
Re: MTN Is At It Again by smashupdates(m): 8:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Popular Mararaba market in Nasarawa State was gutted by fire this night (Photos)
Popular Mararaba market in Nasarawa State was gutted by fire this night (Photos)

http://smash9ja.com/popular-mararaba-market-in-nasarawa-state-was-gutted-by-fire-this-night-photos/

Re: MTN Is At It Again by fingard02k(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2016
adekoonlay:

Do u know was u migrate to MTN I pulse u get automatic subscription to free caller tunes trial that will expire like after a month n some other services like learn English n fashion guide n same as other plans. And after d expiration of this free trials a message is always been sent to notify the customer.

Bro I personally migrated to MTN ipulse. like I said earlier I hardly use the line for calls. I never subscribed for anything on that line apart from my data
Re: MTN Is At It Again by demo4ril97(m): 10:04am On Jun 15, 2016
Naso them wipe my #75.00 come they tell me I sub for Music+ Plan, so them self don dey trade black Music+, when officially it should be #10 awon yaba patient. Beside I dont use Music+ God go judge sha.
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Damilare5882(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2016
and that was how they changed my tarriff plan too..i dont just get it
Re: MTN Is At It Again by druxy(m): 11:36am On Jun 15, 2016
those guys ehn..removing 25# everyday...ion even recharge on my main sim anymore... it's only use is receiving calls and when free browsng dey...
Re: MTN Is At It Again by Aminu212: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
fingard02k:
This is something I just don't understand in this country. I don't know where else to report or complain about this MTN frequent extortions from MTN.

I'm now scared of leaving or recharging credit on my phone. it all started with MTN backup, afro beat and caller tune deductions. Whenever I recharge they would keep deducting the money till I have nothing left. I've called the customer care severely about it but all they keep telling me was that they're sorry, that they have canceled it yet after some days they start again. I had to go to there twitter page and complain, which they refunded me the money and all the deductions stopped.

Now this night I recharged #200 and tried transferring 100 to my main line (cus I want to subscribe for their night plan) but was shocked by the sms I got that I have insufficient balance. I quickly dialed *556# to check my balance but nothing was there.
The customer care rep told to call back tomorrow..That he is sorry bla bla

I know the money is small but this is daylight robbery. Imagine when they do this to about 500k subscribers.
Haven't you heard that MTN has agreed to pay the 1.7 billion dollar fine. [hustle things on point]
Re: MTN Is At It Again by oluwaskulboy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
GET 6 TIMES VALUE OF RECHARGE ON MTN LINE MTN Nigeria has introduced a special tariff plan for subscribers on the MTN network called the MTN StartPack.
http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/22/6-times-recharge-mtn-line/

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Sneakers That Cost ($4,950) A Whopping ₦2.2million / See How A Selfie Was Taken In 1920 / MTN Introduces Free Facebook Zero Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.