Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Save Mans Best Companion - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Save Mans Best Companion (749 Views)

Dog Loses Police Job, Becomes Governor’s Companion / I Lost A Friend And Companion Today.r.i.p Sarz. / 10 Incredible Stories That Prove Dogs Are Truly A Mans Best Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Save Mans Best Companion by vicky3(m): 9:39am On Jun 15, 2016
Yesterday i was going through some clips on youtube i was moved to see how abandoned dogs where been rescued and taken care of and to my surprise we don't have somethinglike that in Nigeria i was moved planning on starting something like that advice needed from dog lovers like me

1 Like

Re: Save Mans Best Companion by arcbay(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
Nice prospects bro. You need just 3 things in abundance: Time, Money and Space. All other things are secondary.

1. First and Foremost, to start something of this nature, you need a big facility. You can start with a plot of land or more depending on how commercial you wanna go.

2. Put all your structures in place; perimeter fence wires, shelter, quarantine measures, etc

3. Get a vet doctor and put him on a retainership agreement. With this agreement, he owes u allegiance and he'll answer to your calls anyway anytime.

Above all, you need to ask yourself the motive behind going into this deal. To what end?

Abroad, when pets are rescued, they are later given up for adoption when their health is stable.

But here in Nigeria, hardly can u find a good breed to rescue. You hardly see a homeless rottweiller or a similar breed to rescue. The only stray dogs you see around are our own "local dogs".

Now tell me, how many people can risk all the time and money for our Nigerian Shepherd?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Mans Best Companion by Stancrus(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
arcbay:
Nice prospects bro. You need just 3 things in abundance: Time, Money and Space. All other things are secondary.

1. First and Foremost, to start something of this nature, you need a big facility. You can start with a plot of land or more depending on how commercial you wanna go.

2. Put all your structures in place; perimeter fence wires, shelter, quarantine measures, etc

3. Get a vet doctor and put him on a retainership agreement. With this agreement, he owes u allegiance and he'll answer to your calls anyway anytime.

Above all, you need to ask yourself the motive behind going into this deal. To what end?

Abroad, when pets are rescued, they are later given up for adoption when their health is stable.

But here in Nigeria, hardly can u find a good breed to rescue. You hardly see a homeless rottweiller or a similar breed to rescue. The only stray dogs you see around are our own "local dogs".

Now tell me, how many people can risk all the time and money for our Nigerian Shepherd?
arcbay I most say you really went in details in making your opinion known and giving an advice to this. Nice aspiration op but as arcbay mentioned on nornals you can only see stray dogs being our resident local breeds on every corner of the streets on rare ocasions can u find an exorthic breed which hardly happens.
If you try to establish a dog rescue team here in Nigeria
you would only end up with a park of Nigeria local resident dogs.
How many Nigerians are ready to buy or keep a local dog as a pet in there homes talk more of adopting it it's almost impossible the only things most people care about in a dog is either is an English dog or an imported breed it makes me wonder if they really love the dog or its only keeping it as security or breed them in order to make money
The truth is that the love most developed countries have for there Animals especially k9's is totally different from that of Nigeria.
Although The love for k9's in Nigeria is growing fast in Nigeria but only for exorthic breeds Hardly you find a person ready to show concern for any local resident Nigeria dogs that's why you find them at all coners of the streets struggling to survive

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Male Fluffy Gsd Needed For Stud In Ibadan / Any Grown Male Lhasa Apso For Sale / Boar Bull For Crossing And Rent .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.