Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm (1562 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by alanimi200(m): 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello NL, please help me with fumigation or insecticides to use my farm is attack by grasshoppers, and small snail and insect.

They attached my maize,cassava, ugwu, Ewedu and all other vegetable I have in my farm. Attached is pics Please I need you
urgent respond. Thank you.

Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by Crocz(m): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is beyond saving...how did you allow it to get to this stage.

Your village people strong o cheesy
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by alanimi200(m): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bros all I asked for is help I mean solution not this nonsense talk
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by FarmTech(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Replant. the badly affected ones. buy insecticide like perfect killer or sniper. also buy a sprayer. Do u have problem with armyworms? the ones that attack maize growing point.
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by Ajusshi: 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
alanimi200:
Bros all I asked for is help I mean solution not this nonsense talk

That stuff nearly ruined my one-hectare maize farm.
The locals here said it was a result of lack of heavy rains.

There are many pesticides to control it. I used Termitdex (not sure if the spelling is correct).
Go to the local market, the agro-traders will help you out.

NB, do not spray randomly, spay-bath the crops directly.
Goodluck.
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by JohnNgene: 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
I'm about to give you an unusual suggestion on how to handle those pests.

I've noticed that grasshoppers, caterpillars etc love attacking green. By green, I mean that vegetable we Nigerians call "green".

My advice is for you to plant green at a corner of your farm/garden far from your ugu, ewedu etc. That way, the pests go there to feast on their favorite green leaving your other vegetables alone. This also makes it easy for you to apply Sniper there without poisoning your other vegetables.
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by alanimi200(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2016
Thank you so much guys i really appreciate you. I will try all you advice. God bless our hustle.
Re: Please Help Grasshopers And Other Insects Are Destroying My Farm by Hashiva: 4:00pm On May 21, 2018
You can try Agnihotra and spread ash on these plants next time. Can try now as well. it will help.

Search about Organic Homa farming

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid Guava Orchard, A Sure Money Spinner. / Whatsapp Group Link For Buyers & Sellers Of Agric Commodities / Brand New Bazuki Farm Open Carriage Tricycles For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.