Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Olofinjana - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olofinjana (1968 Views)

Amodu Deserved Sack - Olofinjana / Olofinjana Donates N.5m To Okwaraji's Mother / Olofinjana To Monaco? A Good Decision Or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olofinjana by hollandis(f): 3:11am On Aug 30, 2009
Goshhhhhhhhhhh,I cant believe this guy keeps being invited for national team assignment.The guy was terrible in toda's match (Hull vs Wolves).I feel so sick when I see him play.A good coach like siasia will never invite him
Re: Olofinjana by nguage(m): 5:26am On Aug 30, 2009
Amodu defended his selection against Tunisia; his exclusion of Martins, inclusion of Utaka, and much more. The only thing he avoided talking about was his preference for Olofinjana and Kaita over Ayila and Etuhu.

Olofinana doesn't strike me as someone to bribe a coach, I think he just doesn't like Etuhu.
Re: Olofinjana by khanye(m): 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2009
Amodu is a blind man!!!
Re: Olofinjana by dipo2much(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2009
I wonder why he continues leaving out Etuhu.

Olofinjana is one of the worst players in the premier league. He has never impressed me. I watch him play
Re: Olofinjana by vikiviko(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2009
Olofinjana reminds me of Garba Lawal they always get national call ups, not because of there skills but because they are loyal and listen to instructions.

Football is not all about skill sometimes Players like Olofinjana are needed in the team to balance .

Well done Olofrinjana.
Re: Olofinjana by DisGuy: 11:28pm On Sep 02, 2009
dipo2much:

I wonder why he continues leaving out Etuhu.

Olofinjana is one of the worst players in the premier league. He has never impressed me. I watch him play

Apparently because Etuhu cant speak pigdin properly and calls Amodu by his first name

Olofinjana is a very hard worker though, he's one of those players you dont 'see' what they do really but they work their legs off breaking up plays and making their presence felt in the middle
Re: Olofinjana by Sauron1: 12:18am On Sep 03, 2009
hollandis:

Goshhhhhhhhhhh,I cant believe this guy keeps being invited for national team assignment.The guy was terrible in toda's match (Hull vs Wolves).I feel so sick when I see him play.A good coach like siasia will never invite him

U must be suffering from colour blindness.
Olofinjana is terrible? Are you serious??
He is a hard-worker playing among chumps. . . . .He was one of the players that kept Stoke City above relegation waters last season.
Re: Olofinjana by chic2pimp(m): 1:00am On Sep 03, 2009
hollandis:

Is It the same olofinjana that was terrific vs chelsea? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Olofinjana by jalether(m): 2:30am On Sep 03, 2009
chic2pimp:

Is It the same olofinjana that was terrific vs chelsea? undecided undecided undecided

~Sauron~:

U must be suffering from colour blindness.
Olofinjana is terrible? Are you serious??
He is a hard-worker playing among chumps. . . . .He was one of the players that kept Stoke City above relegation waters last season.

leave the guy make hin dey yarn rubbish, i always tell people stay away from crack grin, the side effect is quite evident with the OP
Re: Olofinjana by HNIC(m): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2009
chic2pimp:

I thought I was the only one that saw it.
Olofinjana broke play so much that day, it was unbelievable.
Watch Nigeria vs France again.
He oozed class that night.
The only destination for him is UP! tongue
Re: Olofinjana by tkb417(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2009
i thought Olofinjana has been outstanding so far.
Hes been doing excellent with Boateng in the mid for Hull

Hollandis, i dunno what ure talking about o
Re: Olofinjana by khanye(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2009
2008–2009 Stoke City App: 18      Goals: (2)
Olofinjana is Shit!
Re: Olofinjana by DisGuy: 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2009
khanye:

2008–2009 Stoke City App: 18 Goals: (2)
Olofinjana is Shit!

He's a Midfielder!!
Re: Olofinjana by HNIC(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
khanye:

2008–2009 Stoke City App: 18      Goals: (2)
Olofinjana is Shit!
The above statistics are meaningless for a DM
Check out Makalele's goals ratio grin
Meanwhile he was restricted to 18 appaearances because of niggly injuries.
I am not saying he is the best there ever was.
But tell me one Nigerian DM better than him
Re: Olofinjana by Sauron1: 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2009
khanye:

2008–2009 Stoke City App: 18      Goals: (2)
Olofinjana is Shit!

You are a bigger shit if you think Olofinjana is not a good player.
He is a defensive midfielder FFS and he owned Mikel Obi at Stamford Bridge the other day.
Seyi is one of the most under-rated players in this league but astute observers will tell you the guy is rock solid.
He will do a better job than Mikel in Chelsea.
Re: Olofinjana by Ibime(m): 1:17pm On Sep 03, 2009
Olofinjana is class. That much was evident when I first saw him in our friendly against Ireland in 2003 or thereabout at Loftus road where he and Obodo controlled the midfield.

But. . . . his legs are going. . . . these days he sometimes gets caught out for stamina. . . . nucca getting old. . . . at best he can sit in front of the back 4, but he lacks the energy to go up and down like before.

Etuhu on the other hand is one of the worst players in the EPL. No footie intelligence, no ball control, wayward passing. . . . a truly shocking player! Even last weekend he was at it again with some dodgy passes and backpasses.
Re: Olofinjana by mykali(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
who fuckn compared Olofinjana to Vieira once?
that fool should be castrated
then something worse
Re: Olofinjana by chic2pimp(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2009
mykali:

who fuckn compared Olofinjana to Vieira once?
that fool should be castrated
then something worse

We all know seyi and viera no be agemates however the guy is a decent player. He deserves his spot in the wingless chickens first 11.
Re: Olofinjana by bydot1(m): 6:30am On Sep 04, 2009
Olofinjana! That guy is of no good to me
Re: Olofinjana by hollandis(f): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2009
Olofinjana is a hardworker? shocked undecided
Re: Olofinjana by galatico(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2009
Dis Guy:

Apparently because Etuhu cant speak pigdin properly and calls Amodu by his first name

LMAO smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Olofinjana by DrKitaun(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2009
hollandis:

Olofinjana is a hardworker? shocked undecided

what do u know ?

Olofinjana is always a recurring name when our players are mentioned . . .he is always the best player in training alongside the YAK . . . did u know this ?
Re: Olofinjana by hollandis(f): 2:36am On Sep 06, 2009
What are you? A gorilla?Take your tribalistic ass outta here.
Impressive in training!!!!! undecided
Re: Olofinjana by mykali(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
impressive in fooling around he means
Re: Olofinjana by bydot1(m): 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2009
I dnt know why they keep callin him for internation al matches
Re: Olofinjana by DrKitaun(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
hollandis:

What are you? A gorilla?Take your tribalistic ass outta here.
Impressive in training!!!!! undecided

u must have a dead brain !!!!

how old are you anyway ? if u r smart enough you will know that ANY COACH CANT DISPENSE WHO DOES BETTER IN TRAINING . . .but I dont expect u to understand u prolly have an IQ so low, a cockroach would get better IQ test scores  cool
Re: Olofinjana by otokx(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2009
A one eyed man is a King in the land of the blind.
Re: Olofinjana by Sauron1: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
Olofinjana worked his socks off against Tunisia.
His good work was undone by that cow called Mikel Obi.
Re: Olofinjana by slimshay(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Olofinjana worked his socks off against Tunisia.
His good work was undone by that cow called Mikel Obi.

Sauron i beg to differ. They both held well in the midfield until Amodu decided to take out Olofijana and and send five men forward searching for the elusive goal in the second half. Forgeting quite well if we scored we would have to defend the goal. We were left with only one defensive midfielder, Mikel, who himself had to join the attack: his run forward resulted in the secong goal. That is why the tunisians had space and time in the midfield to pick out the perfect spot for the hearbreaking secong goal!!! cry
Re: Olofinjana by Sauron1: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2009
slimshay:

Sauron i beg to differ. They both held well in the midfield until Amodu decided to take out Olofijana and and send five men forward searching for the elusive goal in the second half. Forgeting quite well if we scored we would have to defend the goal. We were left with only one defensive midfielder, Mikel, who himself had to join the attack: his run forward resulted in the secong goal. That is why the tunisians had space and time in the midfield to pick out the perfect spot for the hearbreaking secong goal!!!  cry

Mikel? He was shyte throughout apart from the through-pass he fed Nsofor. . . .
He kept losing concentration in vital moments of the game. I cannot count the number of times he gave the ball away looking for the Hollywood pass.
Mikel plays for Chelsea, FFS. . . . . .Where is the quality? What has he learnt playing around World Class players??
U need to see Essien, Muntari, Bassong and other African stars when they line up for their national teams.

Mikel is a disgrace, abeg!!!! He has never shown the qualities and the guile to prove he is playing for a top side in Europe.
Re: Olofinjana by slimshay(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

Mikel? He was shyte throughout apart from the through-pass he fed Nsofor. . . .
He kept losing concentration in vital moments of the game. [b]I cannot count the number of times he gave the ball away looking for the Hollywood pass.[/b]Mikel plays for Chelsea, FFS. . . . . .Where is the quality? What has he learnt playing around World Class players??
U need to see Essien, Muntari, Bassong and other African stars when they line up for their national teams.

Mikel is a disgrace, abeg!!!! He has never shown the qualities and the guile to prove he is playing for a top side in Europe.

at this point i am sure u are confusing mikel with Kalu Uche, i had been complaining about this nonsense since the france game. The dude got so cocky he's been doing the lookaway-okocha-kinda -pass. i saw it several times in that game too. Mikel is rather know for giving the ball to the player next to him. while olofijana is adopting the alonso long throw. Again, i'm positive mikel and olofijana held theirs, until amodu left mikel alone in the midfield.
Re: Olofinjana by Sauron1: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
slimshay:

at this point i am sure u are confusing mikel with Kalu Uche, i had been complaining about this nonsense since the france game. The dude got so cocky he's been doing the lookaway-okocha-kinda -pass. i saw it several times in that game too. Mikel is rather know for giving the ball to the player next to him. while olofijana is adopting the alonso long throw. Again, i'm positive mikel and olofijana held theirs, until amodu left mikel alone in the midfield.

We saw different games then. . . . . .Olofinjana is a stallion.
He breaks up play effectively and he is tidy in the way he goes about his game.
Another over-rated idiot is Taiye Taiwo. . . . . . .Taiye Taiwo is by the corner flag with the ball and he wants to score from there.
Has anyone told him to refine his delivery into the box by looking up for once and playing the simple pass?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wht Happ 2 Sunday Bada[nigeria's Olympic Gold Medalist]heard He Had An Accident / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : Willian's Goal Intentional Goal Or Fluke? / See What Sergio Ramous Said To Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.