Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin (489 Views)

Husband Sets Wife On Fire In Benin (PHOTO) / Man Sets Wife Ablaze In Ogun For Attending A Family Party (photo) / Wife Drugs Husband, Sets Him Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by dpedro1: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
A middle-aged man simply identified as Onya, has been arrested by the police in Benin, Edo State, for allegedly setting his wife, Margaret Onya, ablaze after a disagreement.

Read more at:- http://www.peddygist.com/2016/06/angry-husband-sets-wife-ablaze-in.html

The incident occurred at 35, JB street, Ekosodin quarters, off Ugbowo-Lagos Road, Benin City.‎The man was alleged to have poured petrol on his wife and set her ablaze with a match stick.
Margaret who suffered severe burns from the incident is now being treated at a private medical facility in Benin City.
Trouble started when Onya allegedly refused to attend the burial ceremony of his father in-law.

Neighbours said that though the funeral rites of the father in-law had been concluded, Margaret was not happy with her husband’s decision not to attend her father’s burial.
Elder brother of the victim, Mr. Julius Eteghe, who described the development as shocking, added that the incident happened late on Saturday.
On her part, Mrs. Margaret who spoke on her hospital bed said:

“We had a quarrel and my husband told me he would teach me a lesson. After our disagreement, I sat on the chair and my husband went inside, brought petrol and wanted to pour it on me.
“I held the jar and as we were dragging, I was shouting for help. He overpowered me and poured the contents on me and lit a match. I was saved by one of my neighbours who rushed into our apartment and put out the fire,” she stated.

A source at the state police command, however disclosed that Onya has been detained.

Source:- http://www.peddygist.com/2016/06/angry-husband-sets-wife-ablaze-in.html

1 Share

Re: Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by Olasco93: 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Am vexed at the pain Some women go through all in the name of being married to one trash of a man...
Re: Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by hemartins(m): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
A man that would do this to a woman is a beast.
Re: Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by Shadydamsel(f): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
Wickedness at its peak
Re: Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by illmortal(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Quite sorry for her. .But she'd never forqet the laws that qoverns marriaqe. . ."FOR BETTER WORSE".
Re: Angry Husband Sets Wife Ablaze In Benin by illmortal(m): 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
FOR BETTER FOR WORSE[b]FOR BETTER FOR WORSE[/b]FOR BETTER FOR WORSE

(1) (Reply)

Two Indian Nationals Kidnapped In Nigeria / Nigerian Migrant Beaten To Death In Racist Attack In Italy / Ghana Blames Power Outage On Nigeria’s Oil Sabotage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.