Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nigerians Studying In South Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Studying In South Africa (7244 Views)

/ See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Interested In Studying In Salzburg University Austria (2) (3) (4)

Nigerians Studying In South Africa by hemekhar(m): 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hello house
Nigerians studying in SA or know a lot about their educational system, i'm interested in a masters degree in Renewable Energy from Stellenbosch University but their website doesn't offer much in terms on information. Info on visa, budget, accomodation, living costs etc is highly needed. I have a bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2:1)

Is SA such a racist nation like people claim?

Cheers
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
Yes but mostly from the blacks,the whites are a lot friendlier when they get to know you are a student and not a drug dealer,stay away from the Zulus and koiseir men you are always seen as a treat
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by hemekhar(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Thanks bro!; are you schooling there?
fuckpro:
Yes but mostly from the blacks,the whites are a lot friendlier when they get to know you are a student and not a drug dealer,stay away from the Zulus and koiseir men you are always seen as a treat
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 8:44am On Jun 16, 2016
hemekhar:
Thanks bro!; are you schooling there?
I spent some yrs there studying in Durban
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
fuckpro:
Typical Nigerian, always elevating whites to lthe level of gods and denouncing black people, so predictable. A lot of white south africans are racists, that's a fact ! Stop playing Uncle Tom, I know what I'm talking about, they detest Nigerians so do the Indians, Malaysians, Zimbwabweans, the british etc. You are not seen as a threat , people are wary of you...like the rest of the world
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
hemekhar:
Hello house
Nigerians studying in SA or know a lot about their educational system, i'm interested in a masters degree in Renewable Energy from Stellenbosch University but their website doesn't offer much in terms on information. Info on visa, budget, accomodation, living costs etc is highly needed. I have a bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2:1)

Cheers
Forget that fuckpro nonsense, here's the deal. South Africa is not a racist nation but has a lot of racists. Don't know if I make sense! Like any other mixed country like the US, the UK. Brasil etc you'll find that the racists amongst those countries it's the older white people because they assume themselves to be superior based on the colour of their skins, South Africa's no exception. Black people aren't racist or xenophobic. It's a small segment of people who are like that. But Nigerians are viewed negatively by all South Africans because they tend to be associated with criminality, but then again that's trend the world over. If you are concerned with racism do yourself a favour and target another varsity because Stellenbosch university is the bastion of the racist Afrikaners. rather try Wits Univeristy, University of KwaZulu Natal, University of Pretoria etc. The fooll that tells you to avoid black people can go hang since you can never escape black people as they are the majority

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by nongo123(m): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
I'm a South African currently studying at University of Venda. Going to Stellenbosch is not such a good idea since the majority of students there are whites and that's where the real racism is. Wits, UKZN and Un. of Pretoria are good alternatives. Black students are not racists, they don't care about where you are from.

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2016
My brother when you get to SA you will hear the truth from your Nigerian country men and women,ask them how many Nigerians have been maim or killed by blacks south African and how many are attacked by whites ask them why other black nationalities prefer to stay in the city rather than in the township with the Zulus and Xhosas these guys don't know thay its an African taboo to attack visitors in your community without provocation,imagine a king (Zulu) arousing the animalistic passion of his domain to kill and maim other black Africans because of passive job competition and 'they take our girls syndrome' but too cowardly to touch any white man dead or alive they have a derogatory names for blacks especially west Africans 'kewekwere' akin to calling you a black vagabond. The whites are racist in the sense that the major black tribes there Zulu and Xhosa have low academic prowess so they naturally look at blacks through that lense,The whites you meet there are no different from those in Nigeria so nothing new but the blacks are something else,you may have good rapport in class but in the greater society you have to be wary imagine an indigenous black telling you that you are African you now imagine how he sees himself ' a convoluted indocaucasiannegro' smh,the guy coming here to yapp his mouth must be a first generation high school leaver so he see himself to be enlightened good for him but don't come here defending your folks,the so call real racist whites are in their 60's and beyond, retired so how do these ones affect you.If you can speak Zulu then there is a bit of hope for you not being discriminated else tread with caution

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
fuckpro:
My brother when you get to SA you will hear the truth from your Nigerian country men and women,ask them how many Nigerians have been maim or killed by blacks south African and how many are attacked by whites ask them why other black nationalities prefer to stay in the city rather than in the township with the Zulus and Xhosas these guys don't know thay its an African taboo to attack visitors in your community without provocation,imagine a king (Zulu) arousing the animalistic passion of his domain to kill and maim other black Africans because of passive job competition and 'they take our girls syndrome' but too cowardly to touch any white man dead or alive they have a derogatory names for blacks especially west Africans 'kewekwere' akin to calling you a black vagabond. The whites are racist in the sense that the major black tribes there Zulu and Xhosa have low academic prowess so they naturally look at blacks through that lense,The whites you meet there are no different from those in Nigeria so nothing new but the blacks are something else,you may have good rapport in class but in the greater society you have to be wary imagine an indigenous black telling you that you are African you now imagine how he sees himself ' a convoluted indocaucasiannegro' smh,the guy coming here to yapp his mouth must be a first generation high school leaver so he see himself to be enlightened good for him but don't come here defending your folks,the so call real racist whites are in their 60's and beyond, retired so how do these ones affect you.If you can speak Zulu then there is a bit of hope for you not being discriminated else tread with caution
Get your fact rights. The Zulu king never incited voilence against anyone, FACT! He only complained about the crime wave perpetuated by immigrants. Not even one Nigerian died.Why would he need to speak Zulu going to Stellenbosch, a predominately Xhosa and Afrikaans area? Which Nigerians have been maimed or killed by South Africans? If the Xhosas and Zulu people aren't educated who is? Stop talking nonsense , I can tell you've either never been to South Africa or you don't understand what the country is about stop misleading people. The majority of Nigerians in South Africa do what they do best in other countries which is crime, 419, drug and human trafficking , prostitutuin rings, fake pastoring etc that is the reason you guys aren't liked much, it is not a south african phenomenon. Zimbabweans, Mozambicans, Ethiiopians even Pakistanis are in every South African township and are living their lives in peace stop misleading people.

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by samuelUMOH(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
fuckpro:
.Stop these lies ,black Sa are nice people ,just like any other country like Nigeria we have good and bad pple .But I got very nice Zulu friends .If you are honest you attract good friends but if you are crafty they treat your Bleep up nicely. Your attitude determines how you are treated !

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by samuelUMOH(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Get your fact rights. The Zulu king never incited voilence against anyone, FACT! He only complained about the crime wave perpetuated by immigrants. Not even one Nigerian died.Why would he need to speak Zulu going to Stellenbosch, a predominately Xhosa and Afrikaans area? Which Nigerians have been maimed or killed by South Africans? If the Xhosas and Zulu people aren't educated who is? Stop talking nonsense , I can tell you've either never been to South Africa or you don't understand what the country is about stop misleading people. The majority of Nigerians in South Africa do what they do best in other countries which is crime, 419, drug and human trafficking , prostitutuin rings, fake pastoring etc that is the reason you guys aren't liked much, it is not a south african phenomenon. Zimbabweans, Mozambicans, Ethiiopians even Pakistanis are in every South African township and are living their lives in peace stop misleading people.
You started well but got it wrong when you saidnmajority of Nigerian do drugs and the rest stuff " Most Nigerian are working virtually all sectors in Sa while some are doing legal business .What perimeter did you used to arrive at " majority "
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by MduZA: 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
samuelUMOH:
.Stop these lies ,black Sa are nice people ,just like any other country like Nigeria we have good and bad pple .But I got very nice Zulu friends .If you are honest you attract good friends but if you are crafty they treat your Bleep up nicely. Your attitude determines how you are treated !

amen

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by OohLalah(f): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
samuelUMOH:
You started well but got it wrong when you saidnmajority of Nigerian do drugs and the rest stuff " Most Nigerian are working virtually all sectors in Sa while some are doing legal business .What perimeter did you used to arrive at " majority "

90% Ibo Nigerians are drug dealers and fraudsters period. That is the truth. Unfortunately 60% of Nigerians in SA are these same ibos so all Nigerians are painted with the same brush of hatred by some SAns.

Modified* By the way we don't want anymore of you here we are xenophobes. Why do you want to come to a bad place like ours? Didn't you here your fuckpro we that bad?

Am fccckin tired of having to defend my country from these people whom are the seekers of better everything. Nxa!
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 12:16am On Jun 19, 2016
samuelUMOH:
my medical doctor in Durban yours is a different case they got to be your friends
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 12:29am On Jun 19, 2016
OohLalah:

90% Ibo Nigerians are drug dealers and fraudsters period. That is the truth. Unfortunately 60% of Nigerians in SA are these same ibos so all Nigerians are painted with the same brush of hatred by some SAns.

Modified* By the way we don't want anymore of you here we are xenophobes. Why do you want to come to a bad place like ours? Didn't you here your fuckpro we that

Am fccckin tired of having to defend my country from these people whom are the seekers of better everything. Nxa!
on a lighter note I love Zulu women and Xhosa they are workaholic and when you do have monetary transaction with them they always 99% of the time give you correct change even in the bus the driver just pocket the money collected on his behalf without counting that's very commendable I am here not to take sides I am just saying it the way it is. the only way Nigerians can work there is if they have a work permit even if it means working in a store as a cleaner or else they should be self employed where do you see that treatment meted out to fellow Africans in Nigeria I'm not supporting drugs but what are the other options left,do you provide. Welfare for them
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by OohLalah(f): 2:32am On Jun 19, 2016
fuckpro:
on a lighter note I love Zulu women and Xhosa they are workaholic and when you do have monetary transaction with them they always 99% of the time give you correct change even in the bus the driver just pocket the money collected on his behalf without counting that's very commendable I am here not to take sides I am just saying it the way it is. the only way Nigerians can work there is if they have a work permit even if it means working in a store as a cleaner or else they should be self employed where do you see that treatment meted out to fellow Africans in Nigeria I'm not supporting drugs but what are the other options left,do you provide. Welfare for them

As if you saying you love Xhosa & Zulu women is going to change anything. Just stop talking rubbish about our country and its people and still expect to be accepted. That's rubbish! Or just stay in your perfect Nigeria and don't come here. We are uptown our neck with beggars who wants to be chooses!
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 3:04am On Jun 19, 2016
OohLalah:

As if you saying you love Xhosa & Zulu women is going to change anything. Just stop talking rubbish about our country and its people and still expect to be accepted. That's rubbish! Or just stay in your perfect Nigeria and don't come here. We are uptown our neck with beggars who wants to be chooses!
You call Nigerians beggars then what the hell are you doing associating with beggars in this forum,well let me hold my peace because if l should address your kind you will be awake all night thinking
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by samuelUMOH(m): 6:45am On Jun 19, 2016
fuckpro:
my medical doctor in Durban yours is a different case they got to be your friends
.I no be medical doctor oga mi .I just dey in the academic sha .We have good Zulu and bad Zulu just same as good and bad Nigerians .

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by samuelUMOH(m): 6:51am On Jun 19, 2016
OohLalah:

Modified* By the way we don't want anymore of you here we are xenophobes. Why do you want to come to a bad place like ours? Didn't you here your fuckpro we that bad?

Your blood is hot .Relax a forum is expected to be avenue to exchange ideas and put things straight .We all need each other ,At least I know few Nigerian doing well and married to Sa and their wives So happy for the union. As same time I know those who married for permit sake .It is vice versa .The fact remains Nigerians are the most industrious black nation in the world .

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by OohLalah(f): 7:41am On Jun 19, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Your blood is hot .Relax a forum is expected to be avenue to exchange ideas and put things straight .We all need each other ,At least I know few Nigerian doing well and married to Sa and their wives So happy for the union. As same time I know those who married for permit sake .It is vice versa .The fact remains Nigerians are the most industrious black nation in the world .

I wonder what exactly does " industrious" mean to Nigerians? When they import everything including a toothpick? Lol at industrious!
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by OohLalah(f): 7:47am On Jun 19, 2016
fuckpro:
You call Nigerians beggars then what the hell are you doing associating with beggars in this forum,well let me hold my peace because if l should address your kind you will be awake all night thinking

Oh stop the drama will you? All the rubbish you wrote up there about our people and country but you are still in our country? The intenet is a free platform, i am typing from my phone, with my data so what's your cry about?

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by fuckpro: 9:11am On Jun 19, 2016
OohLalah:

Oh stop the drama will you? All the rubbish you wrote up there about our people and country but you are still in our country? The intenet is a free platform, i am typing from my phone, with my data so what's your cry about?
you woke up so early did you say your prayers?I doubt,then went straight to see my post,tho!!woman pls hold your peace its Sunday morning and you seem to have a romance with the word 'rubbish' this is not the time wenna

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by hemekhar(m): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
nongo123:
I'm a South African currently studying at University of Venda. Going to Stellenbosch is not such a good idea since the majority of students there are whites and that's where the real racism is. Wits, UKZN and Un. of Pretoria are good alternatives. Black students are not racists, they don't care about where you are from.

Thanks brother, let me check if they offer masters if renewable energy

Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by hemekhar(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Forget that fuckpro nonsense, here's the deal. South Africa is not a racist nation but has a lot of racists. Don't know if I make sense! Like any other mixed country like the US, the UK. Brasil etc you'll find that the racists amongst those countries it's the older white people because they assume themselves to be superior based on the colour of their skins, South Africa's no exception. Black people aren't racist or xenophobic. It's a small segment of people who are like that. But Nigerians are viewed negatively by all South Africans because they tend to be associated with criminality, but then again that's trend the world over. If you are concerned with racism do yourself a favour and target another varsity because Stellenbosch university is the bastion of the racist Afrikaners. rather try Wits Univeristy, University of KwaZulu Natal, University of Pretoria etc. The fooll that tells you to avoid black people can go hang since you can never escape black people as they are the majority

Wow; I only chose stellenbosch because I checked the rankings and saw it was highly rated. Thanks brother
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by hemekhar(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
OohLalah:

Kindly note that I'm not a member of searching for a better life bandwagon. I have a very stable job in Nigeria that I'm 70% sure would return to upon my completion. I just want to have my masters and apparently I didn't see any Nigerian school with the program and our exchange rate doesn't do abroad much good.

Thanks for your contribution tho...
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
hemekhar:
Hello house

Cheers

Hi Emeka, I also applied to Stellenbosch Uni. Did you finally make up your mind?
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by smellingmenses: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
samuelUMOH:
He's right you know
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by segunojo866: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
fuckpro:
brother i need your whatsapp number for assistance. My brother wants to apply for south Africa students visa
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by segunojo866: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
nongo123:
bro please send me your whatsapp number. My brother wants to apply for south Africa students visa
Re: Nigerians Studying In South Africa by segunojo866: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2017
samuelUMOH:
I need your contact sir. I want to cheat with you on whatsapp

Top 10 Greatest Philosophers In History / BEAUTY OF THE WILD WORLD.[PHOTOS] / Admission List Of Muhyideen College Of Education, Ilorin, Kwara State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86