Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

3ds Max 8 Project - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3ds Max 8 Project (1682 Views)

3ds Max/vray Tutorials / I Need Revit Architecture & 3ds Max Training / My 3ds Max Renders (beginner) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3ds Max 8 Project by seanahel1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2006
Hi, basically i need a 3minutes project i can do, anybody in here knos what i can do and please give me a step by step detail for the project, i know how to use 3dmax 8 but i havent done any project yet.
thanks
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by grafikdon: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2006
Your post is a little murky but here's what I picked from it: You want to do a 3 minute animation with Max from scratch.

If yes, I say that's way to go.

Here's what I'd suggest.

1. Put together a storyboard (Do that first) this will help you determine where to use short cuts and also give you an idea of the duration. The storyboard doest have to be detailed. . . heck you can use stick figures as long as it helps to depict poses, camera angles., etc.

2. Now this is where u experience the importance of storyboards. Put your characters together (if there is character animation involved) and the props. From the storyboards you will be able to know the amount of props/background involved.

3. I am assuming you've got the voice over intact (If it will be involved) so I will say go to the next level. . . animate and render,composite,edit/mix(audio). . . out up

Word of advise: Don't jump from Point A to point C. Start from point A to point B and finish the project.

DISCLAIMER: Okay this is by no means a cast iron solution, just what works as far as I am concerned.

Now I have to contend with the fact I may have misinterpreted your post, in which case you should ignore that rant up there. Good luck sha smiley
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by zPixel(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2006
I would advice you to start with 3d stills projects that will invovle modeling, UV-layout, texturing, post-production and so on before you go for a short clip or film. Doing so will help you learn some of the stuffs that will be difficult to learn during the entire production of your short clip. Also try to search the internet for the steps involved in making a short clip(you can check the tutorial section of this site http://www.computerarts.co.uk .
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by damseremie(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2006
I think grafikdon and zpixel have covered it all.
First work on 3d stills, if u already done some of that then follow graphikdons steps,
Plan(1st)-----Storyboards(next)-------------before u even sit down with your software.
If u have specific 3ds max issues along the way then u can ask. Ill help as much as i can(as little as i know)
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by seanahel1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2006
the computerarts.co.uk link aint working,please do you know any other sites i could get tips on 3ds max project.thanks for your replies, really appreciate it
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by zPixel(m): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2006
@sean_ahel

Try typing computerarts.co.uk in google.
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by TARS(m): 2:03am On Dec 15, 2006
With wish of success for all of you.
In addition to what other say you can make an animation from an living things from breath to death that is not hard and maybe you could use it in multimedia Educational cd.
it is simple to observe and easy to make. you can make something not complicated like fish's story that was my first
work about 6 m, Or something like an frog lifetime.
I belive that are simple, both in modeling and animating and even in technical points like lights and cameras.
and If you want it I can help you make an autoruan CD for Kids Education. that have two extra points: Money even not much and Exprince with fame in job. My last Project was Solaries system and with my friends we make it like Dictionaries (!). you type name of planet like Jupiter and will see some animation simulated form real with Information about it. it was good sample and easy to make plus ,

My email is ta_redstar@yahoo.com for more help
Re: 3ds Max 8 Project by Rotepim: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2022
Good day,

Looking for someone that can help to make 3d models (final submit in blend or obj files) for simple equipments at a fee

You can mail me:

visitrotimi@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Need A Graphics Artist? / Which software or app Is Used To Make This Graphics / Mind-blowing 2015 Election Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.