Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? (6036 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by AndreUweh(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2009
GODSON2009:

a large percentage of the problem is caused by these who out of the desire to help friends or family volunteer to bring their children over to the uk,when they get here they either abandon these children to their devises or dnt take adequate care of them,these children now end up with one gang or the other thats why most of these kids are based round the same area stoke newington,hackney,peckham,brixton e.t.c

The Nigerians involved in gun and knife crimes are the ones born in the UK, not the ones who came directly from Nigeria. I think there is a difference.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by shotster50(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2009
I do not believe the Nigerian gang problem is as big as the writer wants us to believe. Most of these so called gangs are just group of black boys hanging out. It is wrong to put them all in the same box. I for one have never heard of a so called Nigerian gang. A Nigerian in a gang - maybe but definitely not a Gang of Nigerians.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chiogo(f): 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2009
LOL @ the lil' wankstas.  grin grin grin Oh, hip hop music!!!  tongue

I agree with shotster50, they're obviously wannabes, probably aspiring rappers. One of the videos was kinda good oo, they got that American rap voice(which is weird considering they're Britons) = wannabes. embarassed
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by sjeezy8: 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

Why do many Nigerian youths in the US act like Akatas? undecided Find an answer to that question and then simply substitute akata for caribbean.Where are the predominately Nigerian street gangs u keep harping on about? undecided.

They are many black gangs  no doubt about that. There are also many african gangs no doubt about that as well but Predominately Nigerian Gangs? Come on now stop lying mate.Look, I ain't saying there aren't no nigerian gangs. But it certainly ain't a common occurrence.

Finally we all know they are nigerian street gangs in the US. They are just not as well known as the Bloods or Crips.

shocked shocked shocked

look at dis guy Im sure he is in a gang

@post -there are Nigerian thugs in the UK(children of illegal immigrants or low income backgrounds), NOT ALOT IF ANY IN YANKEE
probably because American Govt doesnt Bleep around with immigrants or their children.
and plus gettin shot is more likely then gettin stabbed in America. In america thugs carry guns not knives or bats. We nigerians dey fear for our lives when we enta d hood/ if we even enter it sef.

these lil shits are wannabes come to yankee you see the real thugs - i dunno about other places but here in MD Nigerians dont wanna be like akatas, they wanna be like us no joke. Its like you cant us and you cant join us.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Lagosway: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2009
I have never heard of any Nigerian gang in the US, however, I am sure there are some oddball Nigerian kids in AA gangs.
Please stop calling people Akata, Ireke, Kokoye etc. These names are derogatory! Life in the US is conducive for us Africans today because of the past struggles of AA.
Remember MLK?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by blackspade(m): 2:25am On Sep 22, 2009
@ those who say they are just young black boys hanging out

Don't be so f.ucking naive, if these black boys are just hanging out, why are they roaming the streets like stray dogs, and not hanging out at normal places, like a mall or a park, or the movie theaters? Why are they going around looking so intimidating and in big groups aka gangs. Excuses like those are why kids join gangs, no one bats an eye because they see it as "hanging out". If they were just hanging out, they wouldn't be bragging about selling drugs and shootings "strallies". If they want to rap, why can't they rap about things that aren't violent and degrading? Why do they have to talk about crime and money like they are some f.ucking akatas??

@ those who say there are no predominately Nigerian streetgangs in London

You are fools.

Gangs spread from Peckham to include other areas such as Walworth Road Browning and Heygate Estates, home of Peckham Boys infamous allies the [size=16pt]mainly Nigerian Firehouse Crew.[/size]

The murder followed tension between the Woolwcih Somalians and the [size=16pt]predominantly Nigerian gang T-Block (Thamesmead). It is believed there are allied links between T-Block and the Peckham Boys as both gangs have a large number of Nigerian members[/size], on Poru’s response to have been from Peckham whilst in Woolwich territory it is believed his shooters assumed him to be there on behalf of T-Block who weeks previously had seriously injured 2 Woolwcih gang members in a shooting.

http://gangsinlondon.piczo.com/southwark%28peckhamarea%29?cr=2&vsrc=search_google&linkvar=000044

undecided

@ those who say there are predominately Nigerian street gangs anywhere in the US

You are even bigger fools.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chiogo(f): 2:28am On Sep 22, 2009
looooool.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by udezue(m): 3:04am On Sep 22, 2009
Wherever they go they expose their madness. Is this heredtry?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 3:58am On Sep 22, 2009
sjeezy8:

shocked shocked shocked

look at dis guy Im sure he is in a gang

grin grin grin look @ dis koloboy. Chill out man, I'm just making my point.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by AjaraEwuro: 4:02am On Sep 22, 2009
Bro - not only the youths, the elders also need some talking to, seriously.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 5:24am On Sep 22, 2009
^^^^^^ Great Point.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by shotster50(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2009
@ Blackspade. for every Nigerian gang you show, I can show you a Somalian, Asian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Estonian gangs in the UK. Please lets not blow this out of proportions.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by bawomolo(m): 2:04am On Sep 23, 2009
look at sauron and mrcrackles.

no wonder sauron is always posting wack rhymes in the music section grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Shentz(f): 6:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
I don't understand as to why they attempt to be intimidating when by the way its seems they haven't got no future. Half of them are in college doing B-tec courses if they can be bothered to go college and rest are just trying to sell drugs in order to make a cash here and there. Makes me laugh to be totally honest
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by agathamari(f): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2009
they like to feel entitled
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by cbravo2: 9:44am On May 05, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brief History Of Ilorin Emirate Caliph) / Why Onitsha Is Not An Igboland, It Belongs To Benins / Natural Cure For Genital Warts, Herpes & Other Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.