Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

BVN Registration Deadline Date Expired Yesterday For Diaspora Customers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Registration Deadline Date Expired Yesterday For Diaspora Customers? (1136 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Deadline For Bank Accounts Without BVN Elapses Today / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BVN Registration Deadline Date Expired Yesterday For Diaspora Customers? by dotcomnamename: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
cc: dominique

[size=13pt]The CBN policy on BVN for Nigerians in abroad is simply aimed at infringing on their right to privacy.

BVN deadline date expired yesterday 30th June 2016 for Diaspora Customers sad . So diaspora customers bank accounts in nigeria will be restricted.

(1) Seizing diaspora customers hard-earned money because of BVN would be tantamount to theft, which may result to legal proceeding for damages, probably in a western court.

(2) What is stopping CBN from allowing Nigerian Embassies and Consulates to perform the BVN registration process?, coupled with the fact that BVN for Diaspora Customers should be left opened indefinitely i.e. whenever they come to Nigeria they can enrol their BVN.

(3) Must people must fly from one country to another because of BVN? That will be an assault to Human Rights

(4) That was how they forced Nigerians to register SIM cards to stop crime and kidnapping. Has it stopped kidnapping? Is kidnapping not on the increase?

(5) There were million Nigerians abroad who don't have proper paper, so how come the CBN want them to register in their various countries without proper paper?

(6) Will people not continue to open new Bank Accounts?

(7) What happens to the money already remitted to their accounts?.

( 8. ) Does the CBN even realise that there are millions of undocumented Nigerians in abroad, even with those documented ones, millions of them still need VISA to get into any of the branches abroad for BVN registration. Instead, The CBN should provide BVN registration centres in various Nigerian Embassies and consulates all around the world.

(9) What happened to the identity documents and other anti-money laundry documentation we had to submit in opening the accounts in line with international best practices and industry standard? If the banking system cannot use that for monitoring like other institutions in the world then this so-called BVN will not change anything.

(10) Many Nigerians may have even result to ''An evil nation run by wicked people. Why should i travel from France to Argentina for just BVN for a country as useless as Nigeria. A country that offered me only suffering and frustration''?

Well, all these 1940s pre-second world war policies and bound to fail. They should look for a better way to deal with these issues. Where do you expect the millions of Nigerians in countries where there is no enrolment centres to go in their country of residence for BVN registration?, or, does the CBN think that they have nothing better to do than to take time off their hard earned jobs and businesses and travel and spend many days because they want to register for BVN? If the CBN are really in line of considerable, they would make an exemption for those who are currently overseas. I believe that BVN is just another red tape that will not achieve anything. What we need is a radical change in our orientation (hearts and minds) not another useless layer of red tape.

The CBN has no power to stop people from having access to their bank accounts. The CBN's action can be challenged in court. The bank must make plans to set aside billions of dollars that may be paid as compensation for an ill-advised and senseless policy.

Nothing works as intended in Nigeria!

Constructive/polite opinions from mature nairalanders please!

[/size]

Re: BVN Registration Deadline Date Expired Yesterday For Diaspora Customers? by dotcomnamename: 4:34am On Jun 17, 2016
So no reply? Because its not about Wizkid, Linda Ikeji, Kemi Olunloyo abi?
Re: BVN Registration Deadline Date Expired Yesterday For Diaspora Customers? by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 17, 2016
dotcomnamename:
So no reply? Because its not about Wizkid, Linda Ikeji, Kemi Olunloyo abi?

Lol...No vex my brother, it happens sometimes. To your topic, a lot of things about this administration and the way it's run just don't make sense. To make matters worse, our C-in-C developed an ear problem so that tells you everything you need to know. It's nice that you're speaking your mind though and we'll continue to speak until 2019.

By the way, I don't think lalasticlala moderates the business section anymore. You may want to cc dominique . Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

- / 17 Reasons Why MMM Has Not Crashed!! / Be A Thermal Printer Distributor In Nigeria(xprinter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.