Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ (6120 Views)

Poll: Will You Consider Having Any Form Of Make-up Tat?

R U Kidding Me? N-E-V-E-R!!: 60% (6 votes)
Erm....Maybe: 10% (1 vote)
Yes! Nothing Like A "Made-up" Face On The Go!: 0% (0 votes)
I Wudnt Mind Trying The Temporary Make-up Tat: 30% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

The Growing Trend Of Waist Training .. Your Thoughts And Criticism / Facial Soap And Cream That Lightens / ~ What Are Your Thoughts On African Fabric Infused Ladies' Purses & Swimwear? ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2009
~NoOoo! I'm not thinking of getting any done!!  tongue As squeamish as i am,the thought havent even crossed my mind! You may or may not be aware more & more women are having their make-up permanently tattoed on their face! I cant imagine what gratification these women must be getting from rolling out of bed looking made up every single minute of the day. . kinda like one's got a mask on!!

So What Kind of Makeup Can Be Tattooed In Place?

• Sparse Eyebrows
• Eyeliner to make lashes look thicker
• Lips :The most extreme is the full lip treatment that eliminates the need for lipstick

~I know a  chic who've done the Eyebrow Tat. . .looks ridiculous if you ask me! I dont get it!She considers it hassle free from the shaping,reshaping of the eyebrows but then she has to go in every six months or within a year to re-ink the tat as if fades w/ time! I cud however totally understand People who have lost their eyebrows due to Alopecia (a form of hair loss) may choose to have "eyebrows" tattooed on, while people with Vitiligo (a lack of pigmentation in areas of the skin) may try tattooing to help camouflage the condition but women who choose to have permanent tas on for cosmetic reason is just ridiculous!

Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2009
~Just in case there's someone out there who's considering any of these proceedures . . . .

• Although tattoos may be satisfactory at first, they sometimes fade. Also, if the tattooist injects the pigments too deeply into the skin, the pigments may migrate beyond the original sites, resulting in a blurred appearance. the human body changes over time, and styles change with the season.

• The permanent makeup that may have looked flattering when first injected may later clash with changing skin tones and facial or body contours. People who plan to have facial cosmetic surgery are advised that the appearance of their permanent makeup may become distorted. The tattoo that seemed stylish at first may become dated and embarrassing. And changing tattoos or permanent makeup is not as easy as changing your mind.

• The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act considers the inks used in intradermal tattoos, including permanent makeup, to be cosmetics and considers the pigments used in the inks to be color additives requiring premarket approval. They are not approved!!

• The pigments and diluents used in these inks have prompted FDA to investigate the safe use of tattoo inks

• Although a number of color additives are approved for use in cosmetics, none is approved for injection into the skin. Using an unapproved color additive in a tattoo ink makes the ink adulterated. Many pigments used in tattoo inks are not approved for skin contact at all. Some are industrial grade colors that are suitable for printers' ink or automobile paint.

What Risks Are Involved in Tattooing?

The following are the primary complications that can result from tattooing:

Infection
Unsterile tattooing equipment and needles can transmit infectious diseases, such as hepatitis and skin infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus ("staph"wink bacteria*. Tattoos received at facilities not regulated by your state or at facilities that use unsterile equipment (or re-use ink) may prevent you from being accepted as a blood or plasma donor for twelve months.

Removal problems
Despite advances in laser technology, removing a tattoo is a painstaking process, usually involving several treatments and considerable expense. Complete removal without scarring may be impossible.

Allergic reactions
Although FDA has received reports of numerous adverse ractions associated with certain shades of ink in permanent makeup, marketed by a particular manufacturer, reports of allergic reactions to tattoo pigments have been rare. However, when they happen they may be particularly troublesome because the pigments can be hard to remove. Occasionally, people may develop an allergic reaction to tattoos they have had for years.

Granulomas
These are nodules that may form around material that the body perceives as foreign, such as particles of tattoo pigment.

Keloid formation
If you are prone to developing keloids -- scars that grow beyond normal boundaries -- you are at risk of keloid formation from a tattoo. Keloids may form any time you injure or traumatize your skin. Micropigmentation: State of the Art, a book written by Charles Zwerling, M.D., Annette Walker, R.N., and Norman Goldstein, M.D., states that keloids occur more frequently as a consequence of tattoo removal.
MRI complications. There have been reports of people with tattoos or permanent makeup who experienced swelling or burning in the affected areas when they underwent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). This seems to occur only rarely and apparently without lasting effects.
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2009
Never!!! You will not drag me dia, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mc

how does the lip tattoo work?
lol that person wnt me kissing and running their mouth for a long time
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by iice(f): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
Those eyebrow tattoos tend to look witch-like especially as one grows older grin
Whatever floats your boat but personally, nah. . .not for me. Can't even manage powder is permanent make-up? undecided
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2009
~ grin Me & You Both FLG!

~I think there are More White women who're into make-up tat than Black. . Black women are mostly into the eyebrow tat me think. . .

~There are two types of lip Tats. . the cosmetic one done on the outside of the lips & the beyond crazy one doone on the inside of the lip. .Youtube vid attached for that one!

~The primary purpose of the Semi permanent Lip procedure is to intensify the colour of the lips, to establish even and more pronounced borders as well as to enhance or correct the shape of the lips. Lip-liner, Lip-liner and shading or Full lipstick colour in any shade of your choice, can make the lips appear larger and fuller and can prevent your lipstick from bleeding.

~The pictures show uneven lips that have been balanced, blushed and given volume to create a youthful appearance.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCh3ZO57F4&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2009
~ grin Iice,i cudnt agree more!!Looks even more ridiculous when the wrong type of ink is used on black folks. . turns greenish or bluish. . lipsrsealed White folks usually got for brown ink on the eyebrow tat. . .
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by iice(f): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2009
Yea that greenish hue is just ughhh and sometimes the arch is just creepy.
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On Aug 31, 2009
gosh never will i give it a thought! there's always the many what "IFs" in it embarassed embarassed
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:53am On Aug 31, 2009
~Eyeliner tat is the one i find most unnecessary plus going that close to the eye to do a tat!?Jeez!! I wudnt dare much more dream of it!

~Thick eyeliner tattooing is an enhancement for one who requires a more profound statement around the eyes.

Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 31, 2009
@MC
I dnt understand how that lip one goes, how do they make it shine?
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:56am On Aug 31, 2009
~Tell me about it ~Sissy~! Dont get me started on the Change in Skin Tones,facial  contours. . defo wont be flatering when nature takes it course!
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:08am On Aug 31, 2009
~You want do am FLG? tongue

~Some people have their lip line done,others have permanent coloured lip done choosing the shades they want .

spmuc.com.au/cosmetic-tattooing/cosmetic-lip-tattooing.php
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by spoilt(f): 1:16am On Aug 31, 2009
I have a lot of body tattos but i dont think i'll tattoo my brows though. Its like having a made up face always.  How do you wake up early in the morning and look all made up? Some times you just want a scrubbed clean face.  grin
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:28am On Aug 31, 2009
~ I hear You Spoilt! Having an already made-up face will take the fun out of applying makeup & appreciating the make-over. . . .

~Do You know some people even have Beauty spots tattooed on their face? shocked Like seriously Some women are taking this Beauty thing to another level!!
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:34am On Aug 31, 2009
~Finally found pics of eyebrow tats on black chics!

Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Sissy3(f): 1:40am On Aug 31, 2009
those brows looks nice, but with practice and patience hell ya i can pull it off instead of permanent tattooing them.

the thought of PTs just scares the crap out me embarassed embarassed. dont have the stomach for it.
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 31, 2009
LOL, what happens if the hair grows back on the brow na

@MC
Me get tatto? ehrrrm not brave enough tongue
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:19am On Aug 31, 2009
~ grin Chicken I love tats but I'm scared shiteless of the pain. . .

~This chic i know shaves the hair off,like whats the point? undecided Some leave it on. . the pic i attached to first post,the lady's got hair on her brow. . .
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Sissy3(f): 2:47am On Aug 31, 2009
they prolly be using tweezers to pick out the extra growth
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 31, 2009
@Sissy
So you want permanent tattoo too? lol

@MC
Well she gotta shave it off. Because the tattooed line might run against her actual natural eyebrow line.

I'm thinking it'll be cool to have permanent tattooed long hair.
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:57am On Aug 31, 2009
~Permanent tattoed long hair! grin cheesy

~I wud have thought the point of having the eyebrow tat was not to have to do anything else about it. . . to have to be tweezing/shaving again. . .
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Sissy3(f): 3:01am On Aug 31, 2009
@ Ebony

over ma dead and living body! how u dey?
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 31, 2009
If hair does not grow back, then its okay. But if it grows back. . . .

I think ppl are just getting more lazy. Can't stand by the mirror and apply makeup again? embarassed The tattoo, I guess, is to perfectify (is that a word?) the line of the eyebrow.

Or havent you seen ppl with the creepiest eyebrow shape? Some looks like they're angry 24/7.

@Sissy
I dey o, aunty. Back to school?
Re: ~ What Are Your Thoughts On Permanent Cosmetic Facial Tattoo's? ~ by Sissy3(f): 3:11am On Aug 31, 2009
FL Gators:

If hair does not grow back, then its okay. But if it grows back. . . .

I think ppl are just getting more lazy. Can't stand by the mirror and apply makeup again? embarassed The tattoo, I guess, is to perfectify (is that a word?) the line of the eyebrow.

Or havent you seen ppl with the creepiest eyebrow shape? Some looks like they're angry 24/7.

@Sissy
I dey o, aunty. Back to school?

roftlamo!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

yep, longtime ago. no long break for me. cry cry you starting 2morrow?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Women Open Their Mouth When Applying Mascara / Classy Handmade Shoes For Men / Why Girls In Tight Dresses Will Never Go Out Of Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.