Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni (691 Views)

Senate Passes Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Bill / U.S Appeal Court Upholds Ruling Mandating Kashamu's Trial On Drug Trafficking / Senate Passes Nigeria Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by babanett: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
The senate has passed into law the Public Procurement Act 20‎07 (amendment) bill 2016, which seeks to promote local content.

The bill makes it mandatory for government agencies to patronise made-in-Nigeria goods.

It is one of the priority bills of the eighth senate.

Speaking after the consideration of a report on the bill, Senate President Bukola Saraki emphasised that priority must be given to local goods.

‎”In stimulating our economy, we all have a role to play to ensure that the executive complies especially in the area of giving first priority to locally-produced goods,” he said.

“This has helped many countries to develop when they had issues of downturn in their economy. I believe that having over N3trn available to stimulate local production going on now.

“One of the things that we have done today is also trying to shorten the process of awarding contracts; this will go a long way in helping budget implementation.

“It would go a long way in ensuring that most of the funds are available as quickly as possible and jobs are actually completed. I want to commend my colleagues for passing this bill‎.”

Follow us on twitter @thecableng
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by datola: 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Very good development from the National Assembly.

The executive must see to its full implementation. Not some kind of local content percentage law that only exist in the law books.
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
Themself na government.......so therefore leadership by example
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by yarimo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Mtchew after buying Toyota and Mercedes-Benz to them self, or is this 2 products made in nigeria abi ? Nigerian Senate is a waste of Nigerians money
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by nepapole(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
Yimu.
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by histemple: 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
I hope they must be an example. Honestly some of the foreign goods we buy are just a needless waste of money.

Apart from stupid taste and class, I don't see why a foreign shoe that can be made in Aba is so desired.

For God's sake, we have nice fabrics and excellent tailors, yet we prefer foreign suit.......sometimes you can't tell the difference by merely looking at it.

Just imagine buying a set of foreign chair at 1.5m when my neighbour can make a stronger and nice looking set for eople or even less-----What a life!
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by mrvitalis(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
This is the most reasonable thing coming out of the Senate in a long time

It's about time we start to use our own
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by DaniDani(m): 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Time for innoson to increase his sales. oh yeah, even my aba brothers who are creative, it's time to take over the Nigerian market. Meanwhile our Okezie Ipkeazu is seriously promoting made in aba. our shoes and bags must sale wella, Ndi-Ngwa aaah? Our regulating agencies should also be very active to ensure quality and durability
Re: It Is Now A MUST. Senate Passes Law Mandating Government To Patronise Made-in-ni by mich24(m): 4:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nice move,

3 Nigerian House Of Reps Members Accused Of Attempting To Molest In The US / Abia Law Maker Attacks Constituent With Weapons In A Night Club. / And When He Sees The Broom, He'll Pass Over You..