Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

The Africa Archives; The Evil Relics Of Racism. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Africa Archives; The Evil Relics Of Racism. (509 Views)

Professor Wendy Osefo Racially Attacked For Speaking Against Racism In US / Why You Should Know That Black Tires Is Not Racism / Nigerian Student Of Warwick Suffers Racism (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Africa Archives; The Evil Relics Of Racism. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2016
*As seen in a facebook post*
Throughout the late 19th century, and well into the 1950's, Africans ansd in some cases Native Americans, were kept as exhibits in zoos.
Far from a relic from an unenlightened past, remnants of such exhibits have continued in Europe as late as the 2000's.
Below photograph is from Brussels, Belgium in 1958.
#saynotoracism #shameonracists #proudlyafrican

Re: The Africa Archives; The Evil Relics Of Racism. by Bodmas94(m): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
In as much as we cannot run away from our history, I'd rather encourage us to embrace. This form of inhumanity to humanity should not be uses as a motive to attack people of other colours. We should rather love one another. Let us say it one another: I am white, u are black; u still remain my blood. You are Yoruba, I am Igbo; u are my brother. I am poor, u are rich; I love u for that. It is a fact that we are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of our creator. Let's love one another. That was what Muhammad Ali stood for. That is what Muhammad Ali stands for. That is what he will always stand for. He said RACISM in whatever form is shameful, no matter from which colour it comes from. That is true genius. God bless humanity.

(1) (Reply)

Opencon 2016: A Conference In Washington, DC. USA (scholarship). / Display Of Room To Let On VCS Gate And Snake.(funaab) / Nigeria And Her Useless Educational Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.