Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

President Buhari And His School Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And His School Certificate (1155 Views)

Buhari Using NEPA Bill As Secondary School Certificate - Femi Fani-Kayode / WAEC Confirms Andy Uba Forged Secondary School Certificate - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Hasn’t Convinced Nigerians He Passed School Certificate Exam– Junaid Moha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And His School Certificate by engrgordon(m): 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
PRESIDENT BUHARI AND HIS SCHOOL CERTIFICATE: HE SHOULD SHOW IT.
When I read here on NL someone clamoring again for President Buhari's school certificate, I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. Politics is a funny game sometimes, even though it is also one of the most serious undertakings of man. Last year during elections, the school certificate of the President was one of the campaign weapons of PDP. I was astonished and I came out full force to chastise PDP. That was the weakest of all the things they could throw at Candidate Buhari. To suggest that a General in a modern army did not have school certificate was childish and even ridiculous. I
never had a doubt about President Buhari's
education. So, PDP goofed when its chief campaign officer focused on Buhari's certificate. Indeed, Dr. Okupe even hammered on such non-issue. When I managed to reach one of the lawyer friends of mind who had joined then in the clamor for Buhari's certificate, I was shocked by what he had
to say. I told him clearly that there was no doubt that General Buhari, being a general in the Nigerian Army, must have had a school certificate. He told me no. He explained to me that in Nigeria, people of certain parts of the country used quoter system to advance people who did not have school certificate
to positions of leadership. "Even to become a
General in the Army", I asked. He was so sure that during Buhari's era, lack of school certificate could not have stopped him from rising in the army to the rank of a General. I was stunned. But I still did not believe my friend. Buhari even had equivalent of Masters Degree from an American institution.
I was happy that the certificate issue did not affect Buhari's chances of becoming the President. But now that he is the President, I am going to take a totally different position on the matter. There are several reasons for the people wanting to see the certificate of their President. Even people who know he has such certificate want to see it and they
should see it. They want to know more about their President. They want to know what he scored in his school certificate. They want to know if he passed on top of his class or on the bottom of his class.
They want to know if he received a lot of "let my people go" in his career advancement. They should know such things. I have read the Nigerian constitution many times on this, and I believe that the critical language is
"equivalent of school certificate". The term
"equivalent of" means that the Constitution is not insisting on school certificate. Anything can be treated as the "equivalent of school certificate". Even a 4-year apprenticeship on any trade can be deemed as "equivalent of school certificate" in so far as someone can argue that during those 4 years, the apprentice was learning valuable skills such as how to count and add money. So, as a
matter of law, President Buhari is more than qualified to be the President based on that issue. Having said that, once Buhari submitted himself to being the President of Nigeria, he also submitted himself to all manner of scrutiny by Nigerians. By running for office, you have invited Nigerians to ask you any question that crosses their minds. And you must respond to those questions. The Americans have been asking President Obama to show his birth certificates. He has shown that so many times and each time, they ask him to show it again. He must continue to respond to those "irresponsible" requests about his birth certificate. That is what is means to be a public officeholder,
particularly the President. Now, Buhari must show his School certificate as many times as the Nigerians would ask for them.
They are no longer asking for it for the purpose of his eligibility to be President. They are now asking for it for the purpose of knowing more about their President. And Buhari should comply with these requests. Let him show his certificate and answer follow-up questions. Anybody who knows that he cannot answer questions about every aspect of his life should NOT try to run for a public office. Such a person should be a private businessperson and nobody would
have right to demand to see his certificates. Every President should produce his certificate - whether birth certificate or school certificate. And if President Jonathan tries to run again, he better produces his never-seen PHD certificate.
Re: President Buhari And His School Certificate by Dreal11247: 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
Even if it is NEPA bill according to some people.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His School Certificate by Ekugbeh(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
K
Re: President Buhari And His School Certificate by Rose2014: 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
engrgordon:
PRESIDENT BUHARI AND HIS SCHOOL CERTIFICATE: HE SHOULD SHOW IT.
When I read here on NL someone clamoring again for President Buhari's school certificate, I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair. Politics is a funny game sometimes, even though it is also one of the most serious undertakings of man. Last year during elections, the school certificate of the President was one of the campaign weapons of PDP. I was astonished and I came out full force to chastise PDP. That was the weakest of all the things they could throw at Candidate Buhari. To suggest that a General in a modern army did not have school certificate was childish and even ridiculous. I
never had a doubt about President Buhari's
education. So, PDP goofed when its chief campaign officer focused on Buhari's certificate. Indeed, Dr. Okupe even hammered on such non-issue. When I managed to reach one of the lawyer friends of mind who had joined then in the clamor for Buhari's certificate, I was shocked by what he had
to say. I told him clearly that there was no doubt that General Buhari, being a general in the Nigerian Army, must have had a school certificate. He told me no. He explained to me that in Nigeria, people of certain parts of the country used quoter system to advance people who did not have school certificate
to positions of leadership. "Even to become a
General in the Army", I asked. He was so sure that during Buhari's era, lack of school certificate could not have stopped him from rising in the army to the rank of a General. I was stunned. But I still did not believe my friend. Buhari even had equivalent of Masters Degree from an American institution.
I was happy that the certificate issue did not affect Buhari's chances of becoming the President. But now that he is the President, I am going to take a totally different position on the matter. There are several reasons for the people wanting to see the certificate of their President. Even people who know he has such certificate want to see it and they
should see it. They want to know more about their President. They want to know what he scored in his school certificate. They want to know if he passed on top of his class or on the bottom of his class.
They want to know if he received a lot of "let my people go" in his career advancement. They should know such things. I have read the Nigerian constitution many times on this, and I believe that the critical language is
"equivalent of school certificate". The term
"equivalent of" means that the Constitution is not insisting on school certificate. Anything can be treated as the "equivalent of school certificate". Even a 4-year apprenticeship on any trade can be deemed as "equivalent of school certificate" in so far as someone can argue that during those 4 years, the apprentice was learning valuable skills such as how to count and add money. So, as a
matter of law, President Buhari is more than qualified to be the President based on that issue. Having said that, once Buhari submitted himself to being the President of Nigeria, he also submitted himself to all manner of scrutiny by Nigerians. By running for office, you have invited Nigerians to ask you any question that crosses their minds. And you must respond to those questions. The Americans have been asking President Obama to show his birth certificates. He has shown that so many times and each time, they ask him to show it again. He must continue to respond to those "irresponsible" requests about his birth certificate. That is what is means to be a public officeholder,
particularly the President. Now, Buhari must show his School certificate as many times as the Nigerians would ask for them.
They are no longer asking for it for the purpose of his eligibility to be President. They are now asking for it for the purpose of knowing more about their President. And Buhari should comply with these requests. Let him show his certificate and answer follow-up questions. Anybody who knows that he cannot answer questions about every aspect of his life should NOT try to run for a public office. Such a person should be a private businessperson and nobody would
have right to demand to see his certificates. Every President should produce his certificate - whether birth certificate or school certificate. And if President Jonathan tries to run again, he better produces his never-seen PHD certificate.

I stopped reading when I saw you started out with lies. There's nothing funny about not having ordinary Waec certificate
If you found it funny, you wouldn't be writing this epistle in defence

If oga Bubu found it funny, he wouldn't have hired plenty grin SANs to defend him instead of presenting the much awaited certificate
Re: President Buhari And His School Certificate by engrgordon(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
Rose2014:

I stopped reading when I saw you started out with lies. There's nothing funny about not having ordinary Waec certificate
If you found it funny, you wouldn't be writing this epistle in defence

If oga Bubu found it funny, he wouldn't have hired plenty grin SANs to defend him instead of presenting the much awaited certificate
Hello Rose,
you would have finish reading the post before commenting, that is the reason people fail exams, i said i was thinking it was a political propaganda during the era of campaign. Now that the campaign is over, the citizens has right to know more about their leader. Therefore Barr. Ahiiwe is very right requesting for the weac certificate of Mr. President.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: FFK Released On Bail / BREAKING NEWS; At Last Fayose To Dump PDP / President Buhari Is Corrupt! He Should Resign-Aisha Yesufu (BBOG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.