Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today (15889 Views)

What's The Use Of Foreign Exchange Reserve? / Foreign Exchange Inflows Surge By 82.5% / FG To Re-evaluate Foreign Exchange Policy – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by darocha1: 6:50am On Jun 17, 2016
o k
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tbaba1234: 6:52am On Jun 17, 2016
VocalWalls:

It doesn't make anything easy for the masses. So it's all crap. They can go ahead to explain whatever they want to on paper.

When it's time, banks will still be banks.

'The Four Horsemen' comes to mind.

Actually, it makes things easy for Nigerians who make transactions with the dollar.. They will have a stable foreign exchange instead of being billed differently..

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tbaba1234: 6:53am On Jun 17, 2016
amakenny:
The day Buhari returns, he can order to wipe out the changes CBN is making now, and Buhari shall return to his old and unworkable fixing of Naira value to the Dollar.

Buhari is an Economic illiterate. All he seems to understand about a

Stop being dumb... Do you think anything happens in Nigeria without Buhari's approval?

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by johnchukky: 6:53am On Jun 17, 2016
gooodmorning. never meant to bother you. just wanted to tell u that its my birthday!

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by VocalWalls: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:

Actually, it makes things easy for Nigerians who make transactions with the dollar.. They will have a stable foreign exchange instead of being billed differently..

Let's give it time and observe.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by suptol(m): 6:56am On Jun 17, 2016
It is well with our nation.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by gameboy727(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Same topic making front page twice. Hyperactive mods.

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by adegeye38(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:
I am so happy that they did this... The economy can now begin to recover.

What is dis one saying bayi?, Wat does a flexible market for d Naira got to do with d economy recovering?, it actually shows d economy is getting worse, cos cbn were forced to adopt d move, and has long we keep on being an importing country nd only relying on oil for major foreign earning, and with d oil price falling, d economy will never recover.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by KingRex1(m): 6:59am On Jun 17, 2016
This would help our local market, since it performance invariably affect foriegn exchange.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by Adminisher: 7:00am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:

Stop being dumb... Do you think anything happens in Nigeria without Buhari's approval?

We have to praise Buhari for bending to Osinbajo and Tinubu 's suggestions. All Buhari cares about is the common man but there is a need to sometimes take tough decisions. As for economic literacy, even the UK did not want to liberalise foreign exchange market some years ago. They also had economic nationalism guiding them. A lot of money in $s will now flow through Nigeria and sadly it will be at high rates of the Naira. What this means is that Nigerians would be forced to be like China - all work and no play but there will be work for salaries that can only pay for locally produced goods at least for the next two years.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by amakenny: 7:00am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:

Dumb, have you not heard that CBN wrote Buhari in London to tell him about the changes? You are used to dictatorship. You believe an eighty something years old (yes eighty something years oil Buhari - because Nigerians of Buhari age use sworn affidavit of age -) can be atop every decision making process in Nigeria.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by seunfape(m): 7:04am On Jun 17, 2016
uselessgoat:
undecided And after naming them Tomatoes and other foodstuffs will become cheaper E be like CBN and all their workers dey mad. Wetin concern hungry Nigerians with foreign exchange Market Mtcheew
when educated fellow talks ,illiterate should shot up.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by Adminisher: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2016
adegeye38:

What is dis one saying bayi?, Wat does a flexible market for d Naira got to do with d economy recovering?, it actually shows d economy is getting worse, cos cbn were forced to adopt d move, and has long we keep on being an importing country nd only relying on oil for major foreign earning, and with d oil price falling, d economy will never recover.

Actually you are wrong. Nigeria is now the cheapest place to do business with low Naira. Let me make a PREDICTION.
At least $100bn in investments- factories, farms, refineries, roads and shares /stocks will FLOW INTO Nigeria in the next five years because of this move. However in the short run which is this year up to April next year......we go suffer ennn.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by obi58: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:

We did not float the Naira during the time of GEJ... We wasted billions defending it.

We have been forced to float it by economic realities.

Exactly his point..... Inncase you are not aware, these are austerity measures forced on the APC government. I remember a certain somebody who said he will make 1naira to be equal to a dollar and vowed that he will not devalue the naira as the common man will feel the impact most . fast forward some months later and here we are....

So you tell me if you had to choose would you prefer to choose austere times to a period of boom?
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tbaba1234: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2016
adegeye38:

There are several implications for the new flexible scheme.

1. Investors that have held their money back or taken their money from the Nigerian economy will start to return. In the last two day, the NSA has made a bit of a rally due to the float (up over 6% in 2 days) and it will get better when the policy takes effect.

2. Oil makes up only 13% of the Nigerian GDP so the economy can survive without oil. The main problem is that government depends on Oil for over 70% of revenue. Nigeria needs investments to improve other sectors of the economy and it will not have happened under the former policy. The new policy is an incentive for investors to put their money.

3. The flexible forex policy is just a first step, the next step is the creation of legal and regulatory policies to support investments in the Nigerian economy. You can not get off import dependence without investments whether local or foreign.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by pacino26(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2016
I think both CBN and the Minister for Finance are confused. In simple logic, Banks are now the new face of BDC grin
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by PassingShot(m): 7:10am On Jun 17, 2016
amakenny:
The day Buhari returns, he can even order to wipe out the changes CBN is making now;

and Buhari shall return to his old and unworkable method of fixing of Naira value to the Dollar.

Buhari is an Economic illiterate; all Buhari seems to understand about Nigeria's economy is oil revenues pouring into Nigeria's coffers.

Buhari has sat on top of managing cheap cash from crude oil most of his adult life in Nigeria's government circle;

managing cheap cash from crude oil is about the only Economics Buhari understands;

else, how could Buhari promise Nigerians during the election campaign that he would make one Naira equal to a Dollar?
I'm interested in the last sentence of your post. Can you please provide evidence of that statement credited to PMB? Pls don't bring just the headline from Vanguard but the quoted words of the General.

Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 17, 2016
adrianstylez:
I used to complain when $1 was N150. I'd purchase something online for $100 and I'd be charged 15k. But now it's double the amount. Chai. The good ol' days.

You will never know what you have until you loose it.
So you better appreciate the new rate, it might be 700 to $1 in the next few months and you will say something like
"I'd purchase something online for $100 and i'd be charged 35k, now it is double the amount. Chai. The good ol' days."
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by Miles300: 7:15am On Jun 17, 2016
Floating of the currency is a way of reducing pressure on our foreign reserve and it's aim is for a short term in other to bring stability to the currency .hence the exchange rate will be determined by the law of supply and demand .
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tinsel: 7:16am On Jun 17, 2016
VocalWalls:

It doesn't make anything easy for the masses. So it's all crap. They can go ahead to explain whatever they want to on paper.

When it's time, banks will still be banks.

'The Four Horsemen' comes to mind.
My greatest fear is the banking sector. I hope because of there greed they will not scuttle this bold idea.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by goodvision12(m): 7:16am On Jun 17, 2016
Today is my birthday pls wish me well

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2016
seunfape:
when educated fellow talks ,illiterate should shot up.

It is very obvious that you're very educated grin just that your teacher forgot to teach you the difference between shot and shut. Olodo rabata grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by able20(m): 7:28am On Jun 17, 2016
ONLY If BUHARI CAN REMAIN IN UK FOR SOME YEARS FOR OUR ECONOMY TO RECOVER
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by neocortex: 7:33am On Jun 17, 2016
tbaba1234:

We have suffered the fruits of stubborness for a long time.
The question remains on why Buhari drags his foot on implementing
sound economic policy only to give in when many things have fallen
apart.
I am sure if this decision had been taken earlier , most of the capital
flights out of Nigeria would have been prevented.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tbaba1234: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2016
Adminisher:

Actually you are wrong. Nigeria is now the cheapest place to do business with low Naira. Let me make a PREDICTION.
At least $100bn in investments- factories, farms, refineries, roads and shares /stocks will FLOW INTO Nigeria in the next five years because of this move. However in the short run which is this year up to April next year......we go suffer ennn.

We can begin to feel the impacts in the next 6 months. We will also have a lot of investments in the petroleum sector especially with the deregulation of petroleum.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by goodvision12(m): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2016
AdmiralDru:

This is what i dont like about some nairalanders.What does this question got to do with wishing a brother happy birthday
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by JOAN11(f): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2016
ALL I SEE IN THIS IS BUBU AND APC RUNNING FROM PILLAR TO POST..I MISS AUNT NGOZI
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by tbaba1234: 7:39am On Jun 17, 2016
neocortex:

We have suffered the fruits of stubborness for a long time.
The question remains on why Buhari drags his foot on implementing
sound economic policy only to give in when many things have fallen
apart.
I am sure if this decision had been taken earlier , most of the capital
flights out of Nigeria would have been prevented.

I agree, but things will gradually bounce back in next few months.... Buhari should just leave the economics to the economists. I know he has good intentions, but sometimes we have to make sound economic decisions.
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by seenter84: 7:41am On Jun 17, 2016
Will WU and MG give us raw dollar?
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by sokera: 7:50am On Jun 17, 2016
wallex1983:
Something is missing.

Where is the name of Saraki's bank here?

Wetin be the bank name sef?
heritage bank
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by moseslarry(m): 7:56am On Jun 17, 2016
Exactly what I'm thinking. Will they be paying for money transfer foreign currency?
Re: Foreign Exchange Primary Dealers: CBN Set To Name Them Today by VocalWalls: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2016
tinsel:

My greatest fear is the banking sector. I hope because of there greed they will not scuttle this bold idea.

Trust me, they will still show themselves...

For a long while they cheated people and bought for 199, yet sold for up to 400 per dollar. Wickedness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Banks Offering Collateral Free Loan With 4 Years Repayment / Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Anyone Going Into Online Import Business From China?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.