Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal (858 Views)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / Reps Clear 3 Lawmakers Accused Of Sexual Misconduct / "Nigerian Lawmakers In Sexual Misconduct" - Entwistle, US Ambassador To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by ibuzzngr: 7:34am On Jun 17, 2016
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has ordered an investigation into the three House members accused of soliciting for sex while on an official visit to the US, The Punch reports.[img]http://2.bp..com/-Mjn8z4d-J9w/V2OZKxQwASI/AAAAAAAACkA/GbYyyQTVMDMVzXa8oKjU14xyUV7csmBkQCLcB/s640/read-will-happen-3-nigerian-lawmakers-accused-sex-scandal.jpg[/img]
This was contained in a statement release by the Abdulrazak Namdas the chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs.

The accused legislators are Mohammed Garba Gololo (APC – Bauchi), Samuel Ikon (PDP – Akwa Ibom), and Mark Gbillah (APC – Benue).
Speaker Yakubu Dogara, has ordered an investigation into the three House members accused of sex scandal while on an official visit to the US

Namdas said: “We are in receipt of a letter from the US ambassador alleging misconduct by some members of the National Assembly who attended a training program in the United States of America.

“The leadership of the House has commenced its own part of the investigation. When it is concluded, we will brief Nigerians further on this issue.”

Namdas, however, did not say how the investigation would be carried out or which committee would be assigned to it.
This announcement came as the US formally withdrew the visas from the three offending legislators.

The accused speakers came under pressure from many lawmakers, who felt that the matter could tarnish the image of the National Assembly if it was not attended to.

But the lawmakers dismissed the allegation as “baseless and untrue” when Dogara first sought their explanations.

However, Dogara was said to have come under pressure from members, who insisted on a thorough investigation, considering the fact that the US ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle committed it to writing.

Source: http://www.ibuzz.com.ng/2016/06/read-what-will-happen-to-3-nigerian.html
Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:36am On Jun 17, 2016
Just investigation? undecided

I want to see what will happen if they're found guilty angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by tomakint: 7:40am On Jun 17, 2016
Misleading headline! undecided I came here to read what will happen to them and what did I find? Another story undecided

1 Like

Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by seunlayi(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2016
"Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know"

Our leaders are not following the right path and thank God, most of our youths now know the truth that our leaders had betrayed them

2 Likes

Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by rawtouch: 7:52am On Jun 17, 2016
there are 3 sides to a story

1 Like

Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Smh.....
Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by sharonbaron(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2016
Moderator I hereby appeal to you not to allow people whose iq falls below 30 from writing posts on nairaland i don't understand why anyone in his right mind would write a misleading topic

1 Like

Re: Read What Will Happen To 3 Nigerian Lawmakers Accused Of Sex Scandal by itseedris(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2016
I do not see anything wrong with this headline....you can as well call it a catchy headline not low I.Q or Misleading topic

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Falls Short Of $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize -the Vanguard / See What Jonathan Said, How True Is It? / Why Jungle Justice Is Prevalent In Nigeria - NOI Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.