Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

How To Host A Website From Your Home. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Host A Website From Your Home. (617 Views)

Get A Stunning Website From Us And Receive Money In Naira, US Dollars And Pounds / Basic Tips To Protect Your Website From Hackers / How To Differentiate A Scam Website From A Legit Website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Host A Website From Your Home. by TheGodmother(f): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello nairalanders,
its been quite some time. Its good to know that this forum is still up and running.
I have a slight challenge. I want to host a website from my home, so that I can showcase some work to some clients in another part of the world for 3 days or thereabout.
The equipment I have are a smartphone, that doubles as a modem, an old usb modem (in case I am mobile and don't feel like carrying a phone around), and an ubuntu linux computer.
Apparently, my son is a tech genius and he said something about "iptables" or routers.
I dont think I can carry a router everywhere I go (when I'm already tired of carrying a smartphone around).
Is there a way I can configure my linux to make my website "live"?
Due to the sensitivity of my work, I cant upload it on or other free hosting sites, also, the website will be up for a few days only (2 or 3 days max).
I can view the site within my local network with apache2 server, and thats about as far as I have gone.
Any techies in the house?
Re: How To Host A Website From Your Home. by usibengate(m): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2016
grin
Re: How To Host A Website From Your Home. by PulseWeb: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2016
This is a little bit confusing but to my understanding, there are two ways to host and view a website. Either you host it on a live server which requires domain and hosting or you can host it on ur PC device and show it to ur clients(this requires a local server install on ur pc)
Re: How To Host A Website From Your Home. by Trustdee(m): 8:50am On Jun 17, 2016
if u think u ar serious, pm me on telegram @trustdee

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Knows How To Create A Dynamic Auction Web Application? / How To Bypass Tax ID For US Adsense Account In 5 Minutes Get In Here / Are You Around Ikeja, Magodo, Ojodu, Berger, Ogba, Omole, Agege, Allen, Agindign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.