Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? (3957 Views)

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2006
The Nigerian labour market is frustrating me as the days come by, they are looking for high degrees and not competence, for you to be called up for a test you must be a 1 or a 2.1 where does that leave us the 2.2. Some of us were key players in our Universities and know how some of these guys make their 1 and 2.1. Please that's the only option I have for now. angry sad sad angry
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by chitexy2: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
I will advise you to make a clear submission and not like a frustrated fellow. Nobody precluded you from making 1 or 2.1. Who told you u are better off than those who made 1 or 2.1.

When they were busy reading, you were busy partying and whiling away your time. And here you are castigating them. It will pay you better to have a positive mind and pray to God for a job.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by adebisii: 12:47am On Nov 28, 2006
hey thats pretty rough a reply. just becos some of us where able to make this so call 2.1 does not make us that invincible. i think our fustration or complains shoul be directed to the employers for ridiculing our educational system. Emphasis should be layed more on competence and not Grade.

Pls dont give up fynewaka. there are lots of people out there with 2.2 that are doing very well.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by kachii(m): 8:37am On Nov 28, 2006
@chitexy
your submission was rather harsh.no doubt a 2.1 has the edge over a 2.2
@fynewaka
dont get furstrated your 2.2 is not necessarily a barrier if you have the right skills for a job that you are applying for.
first how did you prepare your resume?
do you submit the same resume for all job vacancies that come your way?
do you understand the detailed skills require for each job you apply for?

Moreso dont sound furstrated,be optimistic and give your best. Unemployment is a global problem.

cheers
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Jiblo(m): 9:10am On Nov 28, 2006
i finished with a 2.2 and i'm doing pretty well! I earn considerably more than a lot of my 2.1 or even 1.1 colleagues! i think it has to do with the employers ridiculing the eductaional system just like someone said cos how will u explain a scenario where an employer asks for 3-4 years experience and shouldnt be more than 26years coupling with incessant school strikes and nysc postings?!

so my advice is first, pray hard to God then try developing ur skills in sthg else that will give you an edge over others and i believe that inasmuch as global unemployment exists, there's always a job for someone out there if he is willing to take the risks of change!
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by ucy: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2006
This goes out to chitexy. I couldnt help being miffed by your reply. May i ask who made you judge & arbiter? what makes you sure that people who made 2.2 where partying & whiling away in school? Thats not fair and mind you some of your so called 2.1 holders actually partied in school and got away with it through sorting lecturers and exam malpractices.Only one who isnt conversant with the Nigerian educational system wil draw such hasty and uncomplimentary conclusions.
I leave you with this chinese proverb "You can never judge a man until you've worn his shoes".
And to ifywaka, dont give up your time will surely come, 2.2 or not!
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Kashif(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2006
Chitexy_2,

I would love to know what you are earning as a first class graduate grin grin

Your reply was rude; ask God to give you a better attitude. Thausands of 1.1 and 2.1s are still job seekers years after serving. Sure, the grades get you an oppurtunity to write the tests but you must have to pass!! Its just that. If you can make a first class, it is coveted but remember,, it is not a measure of intelligence.

fynewaka,

Just fine-tune your CV's and make sure you are intelligent enough to pass your tests and interviews. Don't mind what you came out with; it does not matter where you start but where you finish. It could be very traumatic when you realise that you are better than some 2.1 holders but what do you do? Develop your skills and trust God. We all have our stories, cool cool
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nikegenius(f): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2006
Just state Second Class Division in your CV, dont put 2.2.
At least u should be called to do a test with that, then u can prove how gud u are.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by uchetobi(f): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2006
I think was Chictexy was trying to address was the posters comment
fynewaka:

Some of us were key players in our Universities and know how some of these guys make their 1 and 2.1. . angry sad sad angry
sometimes comments like this could be annoying. Lets encourage those out there that if they work hard enough they can make a 2.1 or a 1.1. Lets stop being negative for once.
As per having a 2.2 there are people with 2.2 that have fantastic jobs so be positive, patient and be prayerful
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by crito(m): 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2006
na wa oh.
God dey sha.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by crito(m): 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2006
1st class,2.1 or 2.2,what will be will be.
God dey.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2006
chitexy, some of us who made 2.2 sat in the same class with our 2.1 colleagues, we know the ones that are genuine and the ones through sorting, please don't generalize hastily that the 2.1 guys are bettter than those with 2.2. Who knows if the 2.1 you are flaunting on the internet was made from a university whose birth was midwived in the noon of obasanjo's second tenure or even a mushroom state University in the likes of IMSU, UNAD, EBSU etc. ok
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by uchetobi(f): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2006
Lets stop picking on each other and concentrate on the topic. Aight?
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by babyboy2(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2006
@ fynewaka.

will you grow up and ask for advice like an adult and stop attacking ppl who are trying to help.You are frustrating intelligent contributions.Some ppl really want to help you know.
fynewaka:

The Nigerian labour market is frustrating me as the days come by, they are looking for high degrees and not competence, for you to be called up for a test you must be a 1 or a 2.1 where does that leave us the 2.2. Some of us were key players in our Universities and know how some of these guys make their 1 and 2.1. Please that's the only option I have for now. angry sad sad angry
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by LanreDaMan(m): 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2006
This 2.1 and 2.2 grade discrimination palava is really getting on my nerves .

Some person that went to a Mushroom less than 5 year old university with no recognition by the NUC will come out and start boasting that he/she made a 2.1.
when we know that the same individual will struggle to make a 3rd class in some other schools in this same Nigeria.

That aside,

Fynewaka,
You cant tell me that you have not written a single test in your entie life
Not all companies discriminate against 2.2
The problem could be your qualification or your age 0r your poorly written C.V
But whatever it is my advise is that you start training for some sort of certification
Try adding value to yourself and appplyin at a proffesional level and not entry level

I am among the numerous 2.2 graduates that are gainfully employed in the Telecomms sub sector (No connections, Just Grace and Hard work)
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2006
@Lanredaman
           Thanks so much for your productive piece of advice, please is anything wrong with this CV?

Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by soar7(m): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2006
fynewaka,
O your CV, type your most recent qualifications and schools first.ie university, sec sch, then pry.sch. try.
your time will come
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by koolman: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2006
fynewaka is very stupid and hopeless to have called my school a mushroom school.I am sure he must have graduated from toronto university and posses a non existing certificate.If not that, he must have been a non academic student that earned him poor result.HE should go back to school and correct his mistakes
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by lanle(f): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2006
haba!!! koolman, no insults in this forum o! try and calm your nerves b4 replying a topic
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by jesusislor(m): 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2006
How on earth could Fynewaka, mention some schools as muchroom shocked Instead of encouraging 2.2 or whoever is in search of job.It is not too good for him he should av a change of attitude. To 2.2 holders, never at all give up the best is on the way for u. Believe God and work harder
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Koolman
Here in nairaland, we say it as it is, no wayo.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by koolman: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2006
Stupid, FYNEWAKA, you will certainly pay for your careless comments.Only you know things and the way they are.I am telling you that you don,t know any thing.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by 1forall: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2006
I like the title of this thread. Please don't tear your certificates by any means. Forgery is also not an acceptable or excusable skill. You can't end wrong if you keep doing the right thing. Im job fishing as well. And pray. Funny title though.
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2006
@koolman
Why are you taking it too personal? Why can't you be polite for once, calling me names is an epitome of uncivilization. Try and pick up good manners, cheers cool
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by asheggy: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2006
hay guys! you dont nid to b insulting each oda. i expect u guys to exercise maturity.
if 2.2 cant get a job but we ve seen 3rd class that are doing well even people with pass. we dont nid to take this personal let us just pray to God all is going to b well pray my guy keep on trying one day things will turn to b good
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by shadoghale(m): 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2006
Waaaaaiiiitttttt, enuoagh is enuogh.
Ok Hhhmmm 2.2, hey that is bigger then 1.0 or 2.1. Any Maths Guru in the house?? prove me  wrong.
Well I made a 2.2 my self but developed my self in reading any thing available in the direction of getting a job, Test materials, self development books, interview skills on the net "free", dropped CV round Victoria Island,  passed and failed some interviews and test, the more I pass and fail the more I learn new infos and Questions, and finally I got jobs. Now my skills of dropping Cvs and knowing every nook and cranny of lagos has made me a Top Executive in my office, Wher my MD personally takes me with him to inportant meetings at Blue Chip companies, Now I personally Know MDs and Directors of so many Big Cos
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by uchetobi(f): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2006
fynewaka:

chitexy, some of us who made 2.2 sat in the same class with our 2.1 colleagues, we know the ones that are genuine and the ones through sorting, please don't generalize hastily that the 2.1 guys are bettter than those with 2.2. Who knows if the 2.1 you are flaunting on the internet was made from a university whose birth was midwived in the noon of obasanjo's second tenure or even a mushroom state University in the likes of IMSU, UNAD, EBSU etc.

What make you think Unical is more of a force to reckon with than this skl you mentioned?? I hope (sincerely) that your attitude is not your stumbling block
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by 4Play(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2006
State Universities no be school
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by omofineboy(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2006
if you forge a certificate and you are caught you will go to jail, instead go back to school with seriousness and help of God you may make a first class
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by belle4u2nv(f): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2006
Am not surprised fynewaka is thinking about forging a result.
Dats all they do in UNICAL. who knows if he even forged the
one he's posing with presently.
You can go on with your forgery, its your game!!!!
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by 4Play(m): 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2006
@belle4u2nv
belle4u2nv:

Am not surprised fynewaka is thinking about forging a result.
Dats all they do in UNICAL. who knows if he even forged the
one he's posing with presently.
You can go on with your forgery, its your game!!!!

Is he not the one who confessed to being a member of what he called a fraternity.WHAT are his frat partners doing to help him find a job

He could have used his time in Uni studying instead of fratenising
Re: Do I Tear My 2.2 And Forge A First Class Degree? by skipo87(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2006
yes pls do. Tear your certificate in fact, burn it. when you forge it, dnt forget to contact me especially when you get to prison grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

School Of Basic And Remedial Study A.b.u Zaria,scratch Card On Sale. / Full Details Of The 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship Scheme (overseas/local) / Nigerian Tertiary Institution & Their Jamb UTME Cut-off Marks For 2013/14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.