Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? (948 Views)

Goni Tijjani Muhammad Dan Baba Bags Accolades At Qur'anic Recitation Competition / Nigeria Comes 2nd In King Abdul Aziz Al'saud International Qur'anic Recitation / The Difference Between A Muslim And A Momin When Reading the Qur'an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by wura4show(f): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Asalam alaekum waramatullah wabarakatuhu. Please, I want to ask if one can recite the holy Qur'an alongside a background audio of the particular surah one is reading, like Surah-al-Baqarah? Is it permissible in Islam? Jazakumlahi Khaira as you answer this question. Ramadan Kareem
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
wa alaykum salaam, lets wait for answers, I'm using my comment to revive the thread.
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by zarinaAin: 8:51am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 23, 2017
wura4show:
Asalam alaekum waramatullah wabarakatuhu. Please, I want to ask if one can recite the holy Qur'an alongside a background audio of the particular surah one is reading, like Surah-al-Baqarah? Is it permissible in Islam? Jazakumlahi Khaira as you answer this question. Ramadan Kareem

you mean just reading and nothing else?
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by olasaad(f): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2017
I always do it too but my younger brother told me is not proper but me I like it has it has helped me alot in reading well with the right tajweed and most importantly in memorizing both the short and the long surah. That's why I don't stop it.
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by zarinaAin: 3:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
olasaad:
I always do it too but my younger brother told me is not proper but me I like it has it has helped me alot in reading well with the right tajweed and most importantly in memorizing both the short and the long surah. That's why I don't stop it.

Can you read the letters of the Quran. I mean can you read surahs you haven't memorized on your own without tajweed (without using the audio)?

Or you use the audio for memorization
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by olasaad(f): 3:56pm On Feb 24, 2017
zarinaAin:

Can you read the letters of the Quran. I mean can you read surahs you haven't memorized on your own without tajweed (without using the audio)?

Or you use the audio for memorization

Yes I can but it won't be melodious like reading along with audio
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by zarinaAin: 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
olasaad:

Yes I can but it won't be melodious like reading along with audio

That means you are imitating the reciter's voice. I used to do that before till I get a tajweed teacher, now I imitate him whenever he reads. I think it's normal to copy your teacher esp in things you don't know.

Just discover your voice, avoid changing your pattern of reading. Whenever you are reciting, remember you are doing it to please Allah not anyone

Beautification of the voice is a gift from Allah and may He increase you in that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2017
Wa alaykum salam waramatullah wabarakatuhu

Are you doing that in order to memorize?
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by olasaad(f): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
zarinaAin:

That means you are imitating the reciter's voice. I used to do that before till I get a tajweed teacher, now I imitate him whenever he reads. I think it's normal to copy your teacher esp in things you don't know.

Just discover your voice, avoid changing your pattern of reading. Whenever you are reciting, remember you are doing it to please Allah not anyone

Beautification of the voice is a gift from Allah and may He increase you in that.

What's the difference between teacher voice and that of reciter, I think both are still imitation.

*Beautification*Their is one hadith that says Allah love it most, when an individual is reciting the Holy Quran in a loud and melodious form so that is what I always follow. I mean the hadith
Re: Is Reading The Qu'ran Following The Recitation From An Audio Permissible? by zarinaAin: 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
olasaad:

What's the difference between teacher voice and that of reciter, I think both are still imitation.

*Beautification*Their is one hadith that says Allah love it most, when an individual is reciting the Holy Quran in a loud and melodious form so that is what I always follow. I mean the hadith

Don't get me wrong sis, A reciter can be your teacher as well if you are learning from him.

Have not heard about that hadith but I know about an ayat in suratul muzzamil verse 4. Thank Allah you can beautify the Qur’ân, so many people are struggling with that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Imams Exchange Blows On Live TV / Message To The Moderators / Do Blasphemy Laws Violate The Islamic Principle That Religion Is Not Compulsive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.