Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,248 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up (6814 Views)

"Oge Okoye Is Wearing Butt Pad" - Fans Tell Actress (Photos) / Pericoma Okoye Is Dead (Photo) / Paul Okoye Is Searching For This Female Mechanic In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Kolababe: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
It's not news that the Okoye music boys have had issues with the wife of their brother Peter, Lola Omotayo.

Many have attributed the issues with the wide age gap between Lola and Peter, the former being older while many think it just have to do with ethnic bias.

Whatever the case maybe, one thing is becoming clear by the day, and that is the fact that Peter is becoming more successful since the split of Psquare.

At the early period of their split controversy, Peter was announced the brand ambassador for Olympic Milk leaving his brother Paul behind; It used to be about the two of them whenever any business matter arose.

Not long after, Peter launched his now hit dance reality TV show, Dance With Peter, sponsored by Glo.

During the war between the twin brothers, Paul had accused Peter of his inability to sing as all he could do was dance, but isn't it now interesting how Peter has been able to monetise his dancing skills even as music has stopped working for the two of them (or when was the last time you heard a new hit from either of them)?

Now, Peter this week just got a mouthwatering endorsement becoming the brand ambassador for KIA Motors.

Kia Motors announced the development on Thursday with Peter taking turn to announce the good news to his fans as well.

This has left tongues wagging and wondering if the end of Psquare was not the end of Paul's career? As it stands, Peter at least needs to milk tbe maximum potential oit of his artiste Muno sings to catch up.

According to sources, Peter is just starting with massive success after the split of Psquare as long as Lola Omotayo is still his wife.

Lola was said to be an advertising executive before meeting the twins before they became known in the industry and was said to be instrumental to most of the shows of corporate brands they got to perform at.

"Even while the career of Psquare was still hot, this woman was very instrumental in helping them come up with ideas that made them more appealing to brands. She is an expert with selling ideas, so don't be surprise that long after the break up of Psquare, Peter will immensely benefit from her expertise. Paul made a great mistake of splitting with Peter. Talent is not enough," disclosed, an industry source who has worked with the twins in the past.

While Paul may be married to a law graduate, Anita Isama, Lola Omotayo's career profile speaks volume as to how it can indeed boost Peter's talent.

Lola once worked with the defunct ECONET Nigeria as their Events Manager, Daily Times, an advertisement agency called FKG2; to name just a few.

It was in the line of duty that she met the twins and married Peter.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/why-peter-okoye-is-outshining-paul.html

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by sheedy407(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
K
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by lonelyhrt(f): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
My friend keep quite and stop being one sided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by blaquemyc: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
this write-up is too one sided na? You made it obvious that you're on the side of the one that married Lola. #justsaying

8 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by deeplow: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Muno sings is signed to Paul, not Peter. That been said, Peter's success is down to social media and his sex appeal. I don't think he can make good music on his own, and it is the music that sustains you in the long run.

With the pace the careers of both artistes that Paul signed have moved, one can tell that they probably won't rake in the revenue for him. Muno sings already has 2 singles, none has been popular. The Lady's single doesn't seem like one that would blow.

Bottom line is, both Peter and Paul would eventually have to come to terms with the fact that they need each other to thrive. Peter's sexiness, Paul's genius, that's what makes Psquare.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Muno Sings is signed to Rudeboy's label.
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by callmelanner(m): 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
But why is lola still bearing her father's name?

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Icansing: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
deeplow:
Muno sings is signed to Paul, not Peter. That been said, Peter's success is down to social media and his sex appeal. I don't think he can make good music on his own, and it is the music that sustains you in the long run.

With the pace the careers of both artistes that Paul signed have moved, one can tell that they probably won't rake in the revenue for him. Muno sings already has 2 singles, none has been popular. The Lady's single doesn't seem like one that would blow.

Bottom line is, both Peter and Paul would eventually have to come to terms with the fact that they need each other to thrive. Peter's sexiness, Paul's genius, that's what makes Psquare.
am telling you bro I can give Paul hits back to back , muno and Lucy aren't that gifted inspirationaly
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by OsoDupe(f): 7:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
callmelanner:
But why is lola still bearing her father's name?
why is Chimamanda still bearing her father's name?

7 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by IamOpemipo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
When I see peter, I see d'banj..no b by singin all d hit, buh brandin! Connection! And investing in one'self, peter alone has done shows outside naija more than the duo dis year alone..with 5 albums with major hits, peter has the right to all the songs and can keep a concert hot all nite with his energy and dance steps..

Peter is a winner here

8 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
They will come together again.

They need eachother..
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
when a yoruba creates a write up u dont expect it not to be onesided.
this is d same peter from a group dat they hated so much.
...dat they are not good muscicians
....they are not intelligent.
....they are overated
yes i saw all their comments here.
they tried to use every proganda to destroy dem.

now they have broken up peter has suddenly become their darlin..THEIR NORMAL DIVIDE AND RULE TACTIS
i only blame peter for being a fool to allow enemies com btwn family.

I KNO MANY PPLE WILL CRY OVER THIS AND CALL ME NAMES BUT I DONY CARE, I ONLY REPRESENT ONE THING.....
THE TRUTH!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by mrhansome12(m): 1:17am On Jun 18, 2016
Op

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by pussyeater(m): 2:39am On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:
....they are overated

now they have broken up peter has suddenly become their darlin..THEIR NORMAL DIVIDE AND RULE TACTIS

I KNO MANY PPLE WILL CRY OVER THIS AND CALL ME NAMES BUT I DONY CARE, I ONLY REPRESENT ONE THING.....
THE TRUTH!!
ODE undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by proeast(m): 4:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Bloggers keep fabricating news were there is non. Na wao.
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 5:51am On Jun 18, 2016
pussyeater:
ODE undecided
truth hurts
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Mogenerous(f): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:
....they are overated

THE TRUTH!!

Will you keep quiet? E-diot... Must you bring tribe in this ish! Bigot

Now op, clearly you don't have sense. First of, Peter can sing... Two, since the split, they haven't really drop any song asides look into my eyes which Peter used to let the world know he can sing and call heaven Paul sang which is about the fight... Three, Peter didn't meet Lola when they weren't known... Have you forgotten psquare has been known to majority since they days of Senorita way back in 2001.. And he met Lola long after they were made so whatever rubbish you wrote there doesn't make any sense, goan do your homework well

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by mzanave(f): 5:52am On Jun 18, 2016
Peter and Paul dey be one no be two undecided
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 5:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Mogenerous:

Will you keep quiet? E-diot... Must you bring tribe in this ish! Bigot

Now op, clearly you don't have sense. First of, Peter can sing... Two, since the split, they haven't really drop any song asides look into my eyes which Peter used to let the world know he can sing and call heaven Paul sang which is about the fight... Three, Peter didn't meet Lola when they weren't known... Have you forgotten psquare has been known to majority since they days of Senorita way back in 2001.. And he met Lola long after they were made so whatever rubbish you wrote there doesn't make any sense, goan do your homework well

im.beci.le.... u will call me names but u wont stop d truth
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Mogenerous(f): 6:07am On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:

im.beci.le.... u will call me names but u wont stop d truth

Use your sixth sense next time... Whatever it is you call truth is trash.. Have always loved psquare from day one... The first music disc I bought in my life is Psquare's album so your "truth" is baseless and stop hating on YORUBA...
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2016
Mogenerous:

Use your sixth sense next time... Whatever it is you call truth is trash.. Have always loved psquare from day one... The first music disc I bought in my life is Psquare's album so your "truth" is baseless and stop hating on YORUBA...

u may like psquare but.... only 1 out of every 50 yorubas like p square... yorubas a are very .. tribalistic pple.
dats jst d truth.... now see how theh suddenly start liking peter.

it is very very suprising

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by jargonzboi(m): 6:23am On Jun 18, 2016
They will both shine.
It is that simple to understand.

That is the geography of the Earth's surface.

smiley
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Paul is more talented.
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by funkymoore: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:

u may like psquare but.... only 1 out of every 50 yorubas like p square... yorubas a are very .. tribalistic pple.

U said yorubas are very tribalistic, hmmmm this your comment really shows the kind of person u are. Pot calling Kettle black. Sigh.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by coolnice(m): 10:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Funny enough. We can't be certain on who is shinning based on a few months.

Its like immediately nepa takes light. There is darkness. Candle becomes king but remember, Nepa is coming.

#TeamPeter by the way

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Walexsammy(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:

when u start generalising I understand ure shallow minded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Walexsammy:
when u start generalising I understand ure shallow minded

u are the shallow minded here when u dont kno wat ratio is.
for saying im generalizing...

see evebody cryin foul here...hahaha
truth keeps hurting u guys..
but who cares.

chilax
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Tunechi1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:

u are the shallow minded here when u dont kno wat ratio is. for saying im generalizing...
see evebody cryin foul here...hahaha truth keeps hurting u guys.. but who cares.
chilax
you tink with ur moniker
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by 7inches: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tunechi1:
you tink with ur moniker

..hhhahabahaha realy.. lol
but its still part of my body though.
what about u dat always need external memory card to be forced into ya azzh01e befor u can think or write.
so u see im still betta...
go take a chill pill bro!!!...

yellobas and THE TRUTH be like rat and CAT.
Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Tunechi1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
7inches:

..hhhahabahaha realy.. lol
but its still part of my body though.
what about u dat always need external memory card to be forced into ya azzh01e befor u can think or write.
so u see im still betta...
go take a chill pill bro!!!...

yellobas and THE TRUTH be like rat and CAT.
Hey!!! don't call me bro ain't bro with a tribalistic e-diot who only engages in e-bully for the satisfaction of ur deprived self and for ur info ain't tribalistic #onelove

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Okoye Is Outshining Paul After P-square's Break-up by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
beautiful comment devoid of any bias.

thumbs up!!
deeplow:

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lady, Laberry Photos Of Her Gigantic Boobs Hit The Net! / Moments Burna Boy Walked Out On His Mother And Grandfather During An Interview / Lady Parades Her Big ‘melons’ On Social Media Amidst Coronavirus Lockdown (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.