Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 (9169 Views)

An Economist Guide On How To Start Buying And Selling Online Products / Naira is Worst Performing Currency In Africa In 2016-The Economist / Huge Revelations Made By Aliko DANGOTE At Economist Summit In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by SleekAboki: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Sorry, Not these obvious low lifes on NL. You have a better chance convincing me of a Igloo in hell. No man worth a penny boasts about it to the world... except liars and dreamers.
You are already boasting about being an aristocrat and not a peasant.

No aristocrat worth his penny makes such boasts to the world.

4 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by megama: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:

Dont mind them. Is it now a crime to save your money in foreign currencies? After the last election,someone told me to sell my dollars,i foolishly sold 5000 dollars and lost some money in the process. I won't do that again. Most people who have got dollars won't panic sell. It won't work this time around.

These mediocre government should find another way to strengthen the naira. I earned my money thru hard work ,no one should tell me when to sell it.
keep your dollar and cry later

4 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by gogochocolate: 11:31am On Jun 18, 2016
PhilemonObende:

our baba buhari is paying his children school fees in dollars and pounds not naira,i'm only following in his footsteps. Sai baba! grin grin

My brother I love your sense of humor

2 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by iykedare(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2016
megama:
keep your dollar and cry later

Ok . Definitely not your business.

3 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by kavey10(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2016
Doyin2:

I just wonder why some people still find it hard to comprehend statements written in very elementary English.

My advice was targeted at those keeping dollars for speculative reasons,not for savings.By the way, if you are not into international business or a frequent user of foreign currency,why save in dollars at the detriment of your country's economy?

The new Forex regime could now be likened to what is obtainable at the stock market.

Now is the time to sell your Dollars!

The new Forex regime is only a temporary monetary policy strategy to address the issue of foreign currency supply.On the long run,the strength of the Naira would be determined by both fiscal and monetary policies. Higher local productivity and exports will in the long run boost the value of the Naira.

As a fiscal policy,I will advice the FG to ban the importation of ALL items that are currently being produced in Nigeria,to further reduce the pressure on the Naira. Basic economic common sense ?

If the FG bans these items being produced in Nigeria, won't there be another problem of black market? Our porous borders won't help such policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by iykedare(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Sorry, Not these obvious low lifes on NL. You have a better chance convincing me of a Igloo in hell. No man worth a penny boasts about it to the world... except liars and dreamers.

Lol.

E go better for you ,bro. The reason people like you see 15000$ as "billions" is because you are intellectually lazy. I would have loved to school you but you are the unteachable type.

A man doesn't even need to earn as much as 350k per month over few years before he can save that. Oh boy,use your brain. It is so powerful. Another clue#

2 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2016
Bump
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
SleekAboki:

You are already boasting about being an aristocrat and not a peasant.

No aristocrat worth his penny makes such boasts to the world.
I don't see where I made a boast of any kind. Do you even know what it means to be an aristocrat or are you just being a typical Nigerian using words you don't know it's meaning?
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
iykedare:

Lol.

E go better for you ,bro. The reason people like you see 15000$ as "billions" is because you are intellectually lazy. I would have loved to school you but you are the unteachable type.

A man doesn't even need to earn as much as 350k per month over few years before he can save that. Oh boy,use your brain. It is so powerful. Another clue#
Another dull African....
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by Caseless: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
PhilemonObende:

It is part of their strategy, so you can flood the market with your hard-earned dollars. My own $10,000 dey under my pillow jeje till Baba buhari help us to make it 900 naira to one dollar. Sai Baba! #ThisiswhyIstand withBuhari! grin
you broke die. Who dash u?

2 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by Caseless: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
SleekAboki:

The day I saw Abdullah, a cripple move a little from his sit,open a hidden spot from his sit and brought out volumes of liquids of Benjamins, I changed my perception never to underestimate .even a beggar on the streets.

$10,000 $15,000 and you doubting? Human beings of Nigeria now have strong rooms in their homes.

You should also learn to keep some dollars handy cos you can't predict Nigeria in the next six months.
shut up, you fat liar!

3 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by keally: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Doyin2:
If you are one of those hoarding dollars speculatively,I would STRONGLY advice you to sell it off before Monday,20.6,2016 ,at the black market.

The new Forex regime is surely going to improve the dollar supply,with an expectant crash in the black market rate.

The new market driven forex rate to the dollar, is expected to hover in between the current official rate and the black market rate,some where between 200 and 300.

Heed to my advice and thank me later!

. Hogwash,manifestation of voodoo economic analysis.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by iykedare(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Another dull African....

Another lazy Nigerian . Fine, I'm dull but I use my brains to make money while you use your little brain to beef.
Bro,go and die.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by SleekAboki: 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Caseless:
shut up, you fat liar!
mynd44 apply rule 2 on this misguided gentleman.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by Caseless: 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
SleekAboki:

mynd44 apply rule 2 on this misguided gentleman.
using 'fat' ,I mean big liar . If you're fat in real life, that's coincidence and I think I should be applauded and not reported. Where's the offense that you want me banned for? If you lied and I called you a liar , what's wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by crazymommy(f): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
You people should chill..Monday is here already...it's just tommorow...grin

1 Like

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by ChukwuIbrahim: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Caseless:
using 'fat' ,I mean big liar . If you're fat in real life, that's coincidence and I think I should applauded and not reported. Where's the offense that you want me banned for? If you lied and I called you a liar , what's wrong with that?
grin
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by crazymommy(f): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Caseless:
using 'fat' ,I mean big liar . If you're fat in real life, that's coincidence and I think I should applauded and not reported. Where's the offense that you want me banned for? If you lied and I called you a liar , what's wrong with that?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by SleekAboki: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Caseless:
You can only assume. mynd44, I don't understand why you allow a caseless gentleman to break rule 2 and walk free. He should be cased or no holds barred enforced.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by quivah(f): 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
How are these people getting these dollar fa
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by cybug: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Let me book this space so that I will laugh those that refused to follow the advice of the OP cool

But this is what I would have done; sell before Monday... Buy on Monday... Sell on Friday.

This is because there will rush/high demand for dollar by Monday... This will make dollar to rise in the short run... alas, it will fall yakata in the long run.

3 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by grandstar(m): 12:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Doyin2:
If you are one of those hoarding dollars speculatively,I would STRONGLY advice you to sell it off before Monday,20.6,2016 ,at the black market.

The new Forex regime is surely going to improve the dollar supply,with an expectant crash in the black market rate.

The new market driven forex rate to the dollar, is expected to hover in between the current official rate and the black market rate,some where between 200 and 300.

You have said the truth.

Same thing happened in 2009 when Sanusi devalued the naira from 120 to 150.

Immediately, the black market rate went from 190 to about 150. There was a close convergence.

Soludo had refused to devalue the currency despite oil price collapsing from $128 per barrel in 2008 to $35 in 20009.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by crazymommy(f): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2016
Where are they now??grin those overconfident ignorant people that always believe they know it ALL and so they do not care about other people opinion...dollar is currently 257....Ntoor!!!!!!!!they even abused the op telling him he knows nothing...now the op just proved to you guys that he was right after all..

1 Like

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by mekaboy(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2016
crazymommy:
Where are they now??grin those overconfident ignorant people that always believe they know it ALL and so they do not care about other people opinion...dollar is currently 257....Ntoor!!!!!!!!they even abused the op telling him he knows nothing...now the op just proved to you guys that he was right after all..

Are u ok? 257 at cbn, how much do u expect parralel market to be? if it went as high as 400 when it was 197 at cbn, what do u think could happen now?

Will CBN sell to BDCs, or will they include the 41 items excluded from forex?

Better go and buy dollars now at whatever rate u can.

1 Like

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by crazymommy(f): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2016
mekaboy:

Are u ok? 257 at cbn, how much do u expect parralel market to be? if it went as high as 400 when it was 197 at cbn, what do u think could happen now?

Will CBN sell to BDCs, or will they include the 41 items excluded from forex?

Better go and buy dollars now at whatever rate u can.
grin grin now it's obvious this young man does not understand the word "floating"in economics...so it means you don't even understand what was said about the new cbn forex policy....the market has turned into a single market...keep waiting for parallel rate...grin quote me when it gets back to 350 or above in your dreams..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by mekaboy(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2016
crazymommy:
grin grin now it's obvious this young man does not understand the word "floating"in economics...so it means you don't even understand what was said about the new cbn forex policy....the market has turned into a single market...keep waiting for parallel rate...grin quote me when it gets back to 350 or above in your dreams..

As long as the forces of demand and supply controls the market, the dollar can't be less than 300.
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by crazymommy(f): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2016
mekaboy:

As long as the forces of demand and supply controls the market, the dollar can't be less than 300.
Lets watch and see...grin
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by cybug: 11:12am On Jun 20, 2016
iykedare:

Yeah,he shouldn't mislead people. I've got 15000 dollars and I won't sell.

Only the gullible will start selling their dollars. The rate will soon hit 400. Abegi.

Naija and bad Belle.

How market? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by cybug: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2016
mekaboy:

The forces is in support of the downside, don't you gerrit?
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by 989900: 11:25am On Jun 20, 2016
There is a time to deal, and there is a time to hold on, obviously those who didn't deal last week didn't get that memo. cheesy
Re: Warning From An Economist:go Sell Your Dollar Before Monday,20.6.2016 by stagger: 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Doyin2:

Have you ever traded forex before? If not, I would advise you to put your economics to use in a practical fashion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$ / Gtbank Naira Master Card? / How Much Does A 3 Ton Truck Cost, And Where Can 1 Buy A Good 1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.