Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper (21767 Views)

Ibrahim Tumsah To Forfeit 86 Vehicles, Four Houses To FG / President Buhari Did Not Order Us To Clear Salary Arrears - Governors / Salary Arrears: Abia Headmistress Demoted For "Embarrassing Ikpeazu’s Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Truefederalism(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2016
God have mercy.
I can only imagine what will happen next. God abeg.

Which kind country be this??
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by SureRides4u(m): 8:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Wow... The Lord is their strength... Every disappointment they say is a blessing.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by DaBullIT(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2016
henrii:
@DaBullIT
You low life buffoon
Useless punk

I hope you have 30 profiles

I warned you and i tried my best not to stoop as low as you are

but if you won't learn manners , you'll be polluting Nairaland even more

I warned you and as long as you keep mentioning me , insulting me in your mentions and peddling lies against me , You'll loose all your monicas

Bye for now and enjoy your weekend as a quest
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 18, 2016
It's a welcome development so far it's the states in the notorious 95%. I only have pity and prayers for the 5% people who forsaw and kicked against this plaque that have now befallen this nation. It has never been bad like this in the history of this nation
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2016
IT'S TIME TO MERGE ALL THESE SO CALLED STATES WITH VIABLE ONES.THERE BY REDUCING THE HEAVY WAGES SPENT ON THESE POLITICAL JOBBERS THAT CAN'T THINK ON WHAT TO DO TO BETTER THE LOT OF THEIR PEOPLE.SO MANY POLITICIANS BUT VERY FEW LEADERS.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Stancity(m): 8:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Bishops10:
Bleep mods
It seems you are going back again.... This time na one year ban.... Lol
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Femsyn(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2016
The country is sick because of non-revolutionary leaders. Now that it has dawned on them that they can no longer wait for handouts from the centre, the poor workers tend to pay for their cluelessness.

Anyone can spend money you have no hand in sourcing for. States who have been able to boost their IGR through creative and innovative means have no issue paying salaries.

The current economic state of Nigeria has exposed the lack of ideas embedded in the so-called governors.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Brozo1: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2016
Am so sure that Baba Obafemi Awolowo will be cursing the South-west Governors for failing to properly fend for its populace even with our Agricultural potentials rather than over dependency on crude Oil and what has been the result over years? We cant still generate enough IGR except for some states. Smh undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by ruggedchap: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria the Criminal Enterprise,a truly messed up and s.crewed country.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by LexxieleE(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2016
DaBullIT:
Warris dis ??

The whole world is in recession , but i smell war coming, i mean real war , check the history of the occourences in the world, when recession hits , someone starts a war, population reduces , peace talks are made and everyone forgets recession

been thinking about this for a while
which war, can u stand 1 wen u're faced by it?
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by petekayo(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2016
These states are not viable they should be scrapped.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by mu2sa2: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2016
These figures they claim to be monthly wage bill include bogus "security vote", which constitute a large chunk of the amount and is stolen by governors.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by proeast(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2016
SleekAboki:
Only if Nigerians truly understands what's about to hit them from this change government.
It looks scary bro, sh!t is about to hit the fan, men folks are feeling trapped in this country! I observed that many Nigerians cant afford two square meals a day & information is that things are likely going to get worse!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by ldpele(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2016
bonechamberlain:
God look at bayelsa,, why why this kind of bad leadership, 8 local govt billions from fed govt, numerous oil wells. Chai.

Bayelsa needs an akpabio.
if I meet and don't buy u any beer of your choice, I f#@k up. we really need the likes of Akpabio. I always feel bad when I go through bayelsa state debts, oweing of workers, the list is endless, that state shouldn't be on such level.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by MidasTouche01(m): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2016
abuayman:
Hmm. I smell recession coming in a big way. How prepared are we?

This is serious magana fa.

FTC in dis fasting smiley wink God I give yhu the glory

We suppose give the glory together o, my thread hitting FP, I knew it!!!

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by bonechamberlain(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2016
ldpele:
if I meet and don't buy u any beer of your choice, I f#@k up. we really need the likes of Akpabio. I always feel bad when I go through bayelsa state debts, oweing of workers, the list is endless, that state shouldn't be on such level.
at all. Its just too bad
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Adamrealman78: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2016
No payment of arrears no work,shikena

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by SleekAboki: 10:02am On Jun 18, 2016
proeast:
It looks scary bro, sh!t is about to hit the fan, men folks are feeling trapped in this country! I observed that many Nigerians cant afford two square meals a day & information is that things are likely going to get worse!!
Buhari and APC are merely buying time and hoping a miracle happens before people wakes up to reality. People are already tired of buhari using Gej as scapegoat.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by EdoBoy90(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2016
Noted.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by MCeeShort(m): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2016
Why is that the civil servants are always the ones to be hit 1st in any economic situation we find ourselves?

What about governors dropping their security votes, salaries and ex-governors/ex-deputy-governors pensions being dropped completely? There are too many wastages in Nigeria's economy.
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by ajebuter(f): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2016
Even those of us in the private sector are starting to feel the impact.

Although salary is prompt in my place but all those allawis and surprise packages and alerts are dwindling monthly

All thanks to the poor economy of the country and the apparent impending recession..

E no go better for somebody I swear!
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by musicwriter(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2016
Nobody should forfeit any money. The very fact government owes salaries means less looting of our commonwealth.

Looting is encouraged when there's plenty money to loot. Get it?
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Fyno: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2016
PassingShot:
Africans are backward in progressive thinking. It's worse with most African leaders.

This is a very disturbing scenario we're witnessing in Nigeria.

Including President GEJ, What did the leaders do with the humongous allocations that came their way during the windfall period of 2011-2014? Instead of improving savings and reducing debts with the surplus, they all defied common logic and natural occurrence to reduce savings and increase debts!

Many of them have perfected the art of wasteful spending but have not developed any strategy for revenue generation and wealth creation.

The absurd thing is many of them ran their private businesses successfully before becoming governors but as soon as they became governor, their head became empty, unable to proffer solutions to problems bedeviling their state. A typical example was Ladoja and Ajimobi of Oyo state.

Shame on these leaders indeed!
Gej and his team will always exonerate themselves when the time comes. I am saying this because I can remember vividly when Okonjo Iwela the then coordinating minister was begging States to save and allow the FG save also for the rainy days,instead of heeding to the advice the then Nigerian Governors forum headed by Amechi insisted that the money should be shared, taking the FG as far as the supreme court using the cronies in House of reps.
It is important to note that apart from Anambra State with Peter Obi( a good economist from Harvard) as the governor was the only state that saved and even invested some state resources in micro chip companies, others including our present leaders were busy with politics, had no policy direction.now the rainy days are around and only Anambra state is increasing workers salary when others can't even pay salaries.
It is important we check the educational background of people we vote in power,Nigeria is suffering because of always choosing the wrong people with leadership, people with a poor or no educational background
Amechi made a pass in English, buhari never did wassce,the list goes on and on,How on earth can we depend on this set of people for leadership failure?+
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2016
meaning?what a country and giant of Africa ohh
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by godunia(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Why was the commissioner from Benue (curse basket of the nation) silent about IGR?

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Most of these governors cannot add any value to their states.

They only wait to collect and share money..
Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Damikevin(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Let the State governors, all their commissioners and high ranking officers Forfeit their own salaries for the state workers they have been owning! Nonsense, this worker have more impact in the life of the common man than the so-called governors and commissioners. Has the governor his driver or his commissioner not been collecting their salaries!

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Likely To Forfeit Salary Arrears - Punch Newspaper by Izonpikin: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
feldido:
Average wage bill for states as small as bayelsa state is 2.3b why is bayelsa state up to 4b with a population of less than 1m. Abeg make una help me ask Dickson, na who de do d work, fish?

Bayelsa state is cursed with Bad leaders
very cursed bro...Our leaders in bayelsa are beyond cursed...they are a cancer to us...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Umar Bolori: "Army Didn't Inform Me Before Declaring Me Wanted" / Dayo Adeyeye: 16 APC Governors Supporting Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition / Biafra: We’re Ready For Talks On Referendum, Says IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.