Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze (33910 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Denying Her Husband Beat Her With Swollen Eye (Throwback Video) / Uche Maduagwu Replies OAP Freeze, After He Revealed His 'Identity' As Flyer Boy / OAP Freeze Shops For Crocodile Meat At Epe Fish Market (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by gospi: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gerrard59:

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture(s). Why must a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, whichever way you look at it has contributed to global development and advancement. It has given rights to those who didn't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.
Let's be friends...u sound really intelligent and kind.... And dis coming from a guy? Ahdonbilivit cheesy
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Debbime(f): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Not really, was given the book as a gift, and I really do cherish it. grin

Speakdatruth:
You're a fan of Myles Munroe?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Speakdatruth: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Debbime:
Not really, was given the book as a gift, and I really do cherish it. grin

alright dear
will u be available to vote tomorrow?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by gospi: 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
trilobite:

Hmm.....interesting.
Like I earlier said choose wisely. There are men out there who encourage career women and I happen to be one. The thing is, people tend to get carried away with their life pursuits, for the sake of your home sacrifices must be made.

Pick a career but not one that totally takes you away from your home responsibilities. A husband not remembering the last time he ate food prepared by the wife is just wrong.

As for talking back, do you know there ways of winning arguments by surrendering. Not every time but sometimes boldly correcting people is childish pride.

I have seen a lot of career matured women who have been able to remain good wives while chasing their careers. One solution is settling for careers or positions that give you time to face your home.

Modified: I agree with letting your boyfriend or fiance know that you want to be a career wife not your husband.
Please answer these questions sincerely...
Can you as a man chase ur career 100% and still give 100% to family demands? I bet u can't
Yet you want someone who is weaker to do that regardless...
Ooops !She shudnt go for a job that would not make her give her 100% to family?meaning she has to do jobs not so great cos most jobs that would make u give that 100% time for ur family won't give u so much especially financially ...
So wats ur role as a man? To just go to work and pay the fees? And DAT makes u a father? No u r just a sperm donor that pays fees...being a father is more that... And please don't call ursef a man that supports a career woman and say she shud go for a less demanding job? A father and a mother shud make sacrifices for family.Saying it has to be the woman is very selfish ...

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by gospi: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
trilobite:

Hmm.....interesting.
Like I earlier said choose wisely. There are men out there who encourage career women and I happen to be one. The thing is, people tend to get carried away with their life pursuits, for the sake of your home sacrifices must be made.

Pick a career but not one that totally takes you away from your home responsibilities. A husband not remembering the last time he ate food prepared by the wife is just wrong.

As for talking back, do you know there ways of winning arguments by surrendering. Not every time but sometimes boldly correcting people is childish pride.

I have seen a lot of career matured women who have been able to remain good wives while chasing their careers. One solution is settling for careers or positions that give you time to face your home.

Modified: I agree with letting your boyfriend or fiance know that you want to be a career wife not your husband.
Please answer these questions sincerely...
Can you as a man chase ur career 100% and still give 100% to family demands? I bet u can't
Yet you want someone who is weaker to do that regardless...
Ooops !She shudnt go for a job that would not make her give her 100% to family?meaning she has to do jobs not so great cos most jobs that would make u give that 100% time for ur family won't give u so much especially financially(eg teaching) ...
So wats ur role as a man? To just go to work and pay the fees? And DAT makes u a father? No u r just a sperm donor that pays fees...being a father is more that... And please don't call ursef a man that supports career women and say she shud go for a less demanding job? A father and a mother shud make sacrifices for family.Saying it has to be the woman is very selfish ...

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by gospi: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
coolviv:
All I can say is that women should keep fighting the fight. You have to pay the price for what you want. 10,000 years of culture will fight you back so don't be discouraged. You don't really expect the eternally favoured by society men to support you, do you? No, that's not gonna happen, they must fight to retain their state of superiority passed down to them from generation to generation.

There was a time women weren't allowed to go to school not to talk of being a doctor or lawyer before we even talk of political posts, or something as simple as driving a car. Imagine Fela's mother was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria. Some women of the past paid the price for the change in our society today...lost their homes, families and even their lives fighting for what you enjoy today. Now most men don't want to marry a woman who is not a graduate and working in a good place. Men now want women who would contribute to the home in addition to their standard duties.

The battle is real and you will hear all sorts of things but what's important is what do you believe in? They ll come after you with violence like ur mothers of old experienced. How strong are you? There are great decent men out there whom their mothers did a good job training. Align with them and win your battle.

God speed.
Love you for this post...d way these men really crave to c dia fellow human(women) under and unhappy amazes me..well I think its a curse on women carried out by men...

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by DivaFiva: 2:37am On Jun 20, 2016
konvict0111:
It appears your opinion is some wild thoughts of yours without any base to support it.

It's tough to convince anyone who has missed out on the fundamentals in the first place. The problem is not in how your mind drifts but in your foundation and learning experience.

My beliefs are well guided and I can't say the same about yours.

It's my opinion no doubt but is it without support? I don't think so.
All you had to do was ask.

Fundamentals are good if you want stability but from the look of things we are pin dire need of progress.

My mind and my "learning foundation" are not impaired...worry about yours.

Looks like the cave where you forgot to return your "ideas of Stone Age" is asking for its thought process back.
Only thing is, it is soiled with foreign religious beliefs so I don't think it's of any use.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by mikolo80: 5:28am On Jun 20, 2016
aalangel:

You accused me of talking on your thread, I said sorry, I won't comment on your thread again, you started calling me lonely. Please, let me be. I've left you already.
you did not say sorry.
you were dismissive bordering on insulting.
I will not let you be if you continue talking down to me.
you haven't left me, cos you keep trying to play smart by ''insulting '' me without insulting me.
Abi you think say na small pikin you de talk to
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by shaybebaby(f): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2016
Gerrard59:

Nobody is saying men have to wash dishes, however, leaving dishes unwashed and even clothes for your partner to come and wash when you could do it isn't fair. Saying that a lady who comes from work late in the night to come and cook even when you came earlier than her is not fair. What stops the man from cooking and keeping some for his partner? This transcends beyond feminism, it's about doing to others as you want others to do to you.

Furthermore, feminism has helped the world and obliterated useless misconceptions and culture(s). Why must a lady have a male as a sponsor before she can rent an apartment because she's single? That's what feminism has done to help the society. It has given rights to my sister, nieces, female cousins and definitely my future daughter(s) to do things hitherto they weren't allowed to do or achieve. Saying that women have to put up with terms like "men are polygamous by nature"; which gives you the freewill to cheat isn't fair whatsoever.

Nevertheless, there are fanatics in any system or movement. However, feminism, whichever way you look at it has contributed to global development and advancement. It has given rights to those who didn't have any, hope to the downtrodden, opportunities to those who didn't have any to grab, dreams to those who never had any, education to illiterates and many more.

I'm proud to be a feminist.
I love you for this, EPIC!
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by shaybebaby(f): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2016
Moneytize:
No she is not supporting any oppression. She is a virtuous woman who is like a crown to her husband(not a foot mat), for her price is far above rubies.
Bullshit!

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by shaybebaby(f): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2016
cococandy:
That's some women for you.

Instead of helping to secure the future for their daughters and grand daughters, they are more interested in winning the approval of men who actually consider them sub-human in comparison.

If our brave fore mothers that brought feminism to where it is today didn't do what they had to do and endure dislike for our own good, we would probably still be at the stage where we can't vote or go out without the approval of a man.

I wonder what's more important. Being liked by some faceless insecure men or doing what's important for the future generations.

The men will still turn around to label them fish brain. I wonder what kind of masochism makes some women single handedly uphold all the ideologies and traditions that oppress them.
I don't understand them.
People are really different. That I see now.

I'll answer that one for you coco, it's fear. These "women" are not empowered and fear taking responsibility for themselves and happiness.
To be truly free from subjugation, you have to accept the rights and responsibilities that comes with it.
Right now, there is the default position that when things go wrong, all they have to do is work harder at pleasing their men and somehow they will be rewarded. Their belief is that men are responsible for their happiness and fulfilment. Take that ideology away and they realise that they are solely responsible for shaping their lives. That is one step too far for many, having no one to blame or look to as a messiah of some sort.
Truly, the thought of taking ownership of oneself is frightening for them, they would rather be owned this absolved of the responsibility of nurturing their self growth.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by cococandy(f): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Mmmmm. Rings true
shaybebaby:

I'll answer that one for you coco, it's fear. These "women" are not empowered and fear taking responsibility for themselves and happiness.
To be truly free from subjugation, you have to accept the rights and responsibilities that comes with it.
Right now, there is the default position that when things go wrong, all they have to do is work harder at pleasing their men and somehow they will be rewarded. Their belief is that men are responsible for their happiness and fulfilment. Take that ideology away and they realise that they are solely responsible for shaping their lives. That is one step too far for many, having no one to blame or look to as a messiah of some sort.
Truly, the thought of taking ownership of oneself is frightening for them, they would rather be owned this absolved of the responsibility of nurturing their self growth.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Moneytize: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
shaybebaby:

Bullshit!
You can bullshit all you want, we men recognise real women when we see one.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Funny Thread & Comments!

OAP Freeze, was your wife by any chance an acclaimed feminist?

E be like say feminists don do you strong thing!

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
bukatyne:
Funny Thread & Comments!

OAP Freeze, was your wife by any chance an acclaimed feminist?

E be like say feminists don do you strong thing!

Bukky dear, I reach for you
In the strength of your promise
I bang at your door
It's time you step in and calm the storm
Just a hand wave of support
That _mimzy may sail her ship to the next phase
Please dear! Where are your friends?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
postmann:

Bukky dear, I reach for you
In the strength of your promise
I bang at your door
It's time you step in and calm the storm
Just a hand wave of support
That _mimzy may sail her ship to the next phase
Please dear! Where are your friends?

Please post the link.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Please post the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/3176659/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#46735783

Here it is thou gracious woman
Who built a genorous bridge across our differences

Format:
I cast my vote for

mimzy

Cc: NLjega

Please note that the format is compulsory. Esp the cc: NLjega

Thanks!
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
postmann:

https://www.nairaland.com/3176659/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#46735783

Here it is thou gracious woman
Who built a genorous bridge across our differences

Format:

I cast my vote for

mimzy

Cc: NLjega

Voted already

CC: Cococandy, byvan03, shaybebaby, efemenaxy, PresVa,Eketem etc. please vote for Mimzy if you do not have prior candidates.

If I don't mention you, nor vex.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Voted already

CC: Cococandy, byvan03, shaybebaby, efemenaxy, PresVa,Eketem etc. please vote for Mimzy if you do not have prior candidates.

Thanks alot dearie! My humble appreciation.

Please note that this is elimination round, I'll be needing your support down the road as the contest progresses.

Thanks again!
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
postmann:

Thanks alot dearie! My humble appreciation.

Please note that this is elimination round, I'll be needing your support down the road as the contest progresses.

Thanks again!

You are welcome cheesy

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
DivaFiva:

It's my opinion no doubt but is it without support? I don't think so.
All you had to do was ask.

Fundamentals are good if you want stability but from the look of things we are pin dire need of progress.

My mind and my "learning foundation" are not impaired...worry about yours.

Looks like the cave where you forgot to return your "ideas of Stone Age" is asking for its thought process back.
Only thing is, it is soiled with foreign religious beliefs so I don't think it's of any use.

There you have it. Need I say more? It's obvious you are just over excited about yourself.

Best of luck with that but as a general note, I always advice that we can make our points and sell it across without needing to descend into name calling.

My attitude to the matter has been more about civility and respect for other divergent views. Unfortunately, again, I can't say the same about yours.

I do not condemn you for not sharing my view on the subject and I hope that should be simple to comprehend.

Thanks for your submission so far!
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Ngokafor(f): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
there is no way on earth I will reply this senseless comment of yours without reminding u of how puerile and stupid it is and thereby saying how tiny your brain capacity is... but that will be breaking nl rule. So, i'll just let it slide. *sigh.

.... cheesy grin cheesy..i know right?...

..That awkward moment when you are defeated by the sheer stvpidity of a comment by a supposed 'adult' ...You will have no choice but to let them 'win' and allow them wallow in their ignorance and narrow-mindedness.

...That my dear is nairaland for you..reason why i hardly engage in any back and forth with the average male nairalander any male here .Their thought-process is awful to say the least.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by byvan03: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
bukatyne:

Voted already

OK babe.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
byvan03:

OK babe.

Thanks byvan03!
My sincere appreciation!

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by EfemenaXY: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2016
bukatyne:

Voted already

I dislike being mentioned for stuff like this. I don't know her nor am I interested in voting for anyone.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 10:33am On Jun 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

I dislike being mentioned for stuff like this. I don't know her nor am I interested in voting for anyone.

My apologies.

Noted.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2016
byvan03:

OK babe.

Thanks dear.
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
bukatyne:

Thanks dear.

Bukky dear, here I am again. I crave once more your indulgence.

Byvan03 too! (Pls remember to include cc: NLjega after typing I vote mimzy so your vote can be counted. Just like the format below)

https://www.nairaland.com/3178760/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

Please remember the format:

I vote mimzy

Cc: NLjega.

Thanks ladies!
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by Giwman(m): 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
thesicilian:
I don't even understand this whole issue about gender (in)equality in the first place
Are u dat dumb
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by thesicilian: 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
Giwman:
Are u dat dumb
Does insulting people give you that much pleasure?
Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by postmann: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dear bukatyne, a warm afternoon to you. Hope you're fine and your day is good?

I need you once again, dear. It's the semifinal stage today.

Your support was crucial yesterday as our candidate came tops.

Please make your presence count once more in the same measure of grace with which you have awed me all this while.

https://www.nairaland.com/3180901/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final/3

Please remember the format:

I vote mimzy

Cc: NLjega.

Re: ‘Being A Feminist Is Denying Many Women Of Having A Husband' - OAP Freeze by tommychow(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
fellis:

You see all these men? They are all superior to you.
They are better than you and their lives have more value than yours.
The first is a theif, the second is a mass murderer and the third are three mentally unbalanced/lunatics in an insane asylum.

They are all superior to you dolly joy.

I didn't just insult you by the way, you said men will always be superior to women so I am showing you pictures of different men that are superior to you.

Duuuuude, stop this. Is this supposed to be a sensible argument? Why do people use exceptions to form an argument? What about messed up women too, are you gonna use them to represent the while woman race?

The argument is superiority in terms of leadership and who is fit to dominate the other not morality.

Good down memory lane and see the battles between men, do women wanna step up to that level of power struggle? Women should know their role and shut the hell up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Moment Runtown Met Selena Leath, His Baby Mama (Photo) / Davido Hangs Out With P Diddy In Miami NightClub (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh Changes Her Son's Name To King Andre Dikeh

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98