Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

This Is The Enemy Of Your Success - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / This Is The Enemy Of Your Success (449 Views)

4 Kinds Of Friends That Are Hindering Your Success / Quality Ways Your Capacity Determines Your Success / How Hatred Is Killing Your Success And Hindering Your Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Enemy Of Your Success by BizLifeE: 8:56am On Jun 18, 2016
“You used to be arrogant,” I said.

He didn’t know.

I later decided it’s arrogant to call someone arrogant on your podcast. Or anywhere else.

I had a lot to learn.

It’s a good thing we had 90 minutes left in the studio. And dinner plans after.

“I’m sure other people must have told you that around that time,” I said, referring to when we first met a few years ago.

They didn’t.

My podcast guest, Ryan Holiday, dropped out of college at age 19. By age 22, he was the director of marketing for American Apparel. Twitter, YouTube, and Google all use his work as case studies.

Now he’s 28, a writer and owns his own business.

When I sold my first company, it completely destroyed me.

I know where I went wrong. Ryan’s new book, “Ego is the Enemy,” helped explain why.

This advice isn’t just for aspiring entrepreneurs or current business owners.

In this episode, I’ll tell you what I learned. And how you can avoid making the same common mistake.

Consider this interview a cheat sheet.

Listen now.

Or keep reading to learn 4 steps to avoiding the enemy of success:
Step 1) Decide if it’s a “live time” or a “dead time”

Ryan Holiday had one year left at his job. He knew he was going to quit and start his own company.

He met with Robert Greene, his mentor and author of the national bestselling book, “The 48 Laws of Power.”

He told Ryan to make a decision.

“You can either be phoning it in at work, earning money and idly preparing, or this could be an active phase where you’re getting your research subsidized, you’re meeting people, (etc.),” he said.

Then he asked the one question that changed Ryan’s path for the next year: “Is this going to be live time for you or a dead time for you?”

Deciding is step one.

Please read more here : http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2016/06/ryan-holiday/

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Reputable International Schools Massive Teachers Recruitment / How To Create A Website / URGENT-Tutorial For Accounting And Statistical Packages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.