Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. (22060 Views)

Trailer Load Of Tramadol And Other Drugs Seized By Customs Officials. Photos / Nigerians Dig Out Buried Frozen Chicken Seized By Customs / Four Bullet-proof Vehicles Hidden In A House In Ikoyi Seized By Customs. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Pasodic: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:
Good day Nairalanders, I was coming back from the mosque yesterday night after Isha and Tarawi prayer, I entered a keke napep from Hausa Quarter to Eboh when men of the Nigerian Police Stopped the Keke at warri Main Garage Junction, I was asked to come down as I was the only passenger, They seized my phone and ask me to enter their vehicle to which I refuse and that's how they went with my phone telling me to come to their station this morning. this is nothing but oppression and harassment. The Police Officers are from The A-Division in Warri, their patrol vehicle is white in colour and the phone is an Infinix Hot 2. I have called the Police CRU and they said they will see what they could do.
mods move this to FP please let the world know how evil they are.
I am Daladi Saidu

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by PrivateInvestig: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2016
JBismarck:
OP, if you have no skeleton in your cupboard I see no reason why you didn't oblige them in the first place or why you shouldn't go to their station especially with the current delicate security situation in that part of the country.

Mad man,so u go follow kpo kpor enter motor ba? They can search n leave him.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by babsnaij(m): 11:54am On Jun 18, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by finalboss1(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
hmmm
Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:
I am just coming back from the station the dpo said I should come back at 1pm that the particular patrol team are not around
cc: Madridguy, lalasticlala

Meaning your case wasn't registered. Illegality

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by SolaceAndexIII: 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Giving them money simply means that you have skeleton on your phone. Go back as the DPO has said.

I ain't giving them a dime.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by abbeyty(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
I am tired of hearing this kind of news from the so called giant of Africa. why Nigeria police find solace in oppessing those they should be protecting

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by SolaceAndexIII: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
GODAKPAN:
Meaning your case wasn't registered. Illegality
The DPO was not on sit, I called him and He told me to come 1pm

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by anethcharly(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2016
JBismarck:
OP, if you have no skeleton in your cupboard I see no reason why you didn't oblige them in the first place or why you shouldn't go to their station especially with the current delicate security situation in that part of the country.

22 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Fiversuccess(f): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2016
Too bad
Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by timilehing(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Evil police
Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by abbeyty(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2016
Rich4god:
Why shld dey tk his fone in d first place....

good question my brother, is taking people's phone part of their duties ? bunch of crimimals

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by tellwisdom: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
JBismarck:

You are dull. In a saner clime, police are not allowed to check ur fone. Which skeleton bone you keep inside the fone wey u dey find? sad

25 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by SolaceAndexIII: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Had1zasaf:

NA only police own everybody dey hear,when army slap u,u keep quiet,there is more to this story joor
you don't know the policemen in warri

9 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by psalmsjob: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
JBismarck:

And if he was a security threat to start with so taking his phone away and leaving him behind will neutralize the threats he posed? I'm sure his name and religion probably prompted your comment.

I think those are not real police or on official duty if they were real.

This is a robbery case by men posing as Police, report at the Police station.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by dgr8truth(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
I thought of opening a thread, to complain about the, extra judicial killings, harassment, oppression, and intimidation of the police in warri, effurun and udu.

What the op narrated is exactly what they do. They stop you, ask you to bring out your phone and the receipt. If the receipt of the phone is not on you sorry that is the end of the phone same thing with laptops and other electronics gadgets.

The nigerian police are actually our worse enemy. I was arrested about two years by men of the nigerian police by 7pm in a market, my offence according to them was buying cow meat by 7pm, a young man I met in the cell was arrested for illegal standing.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:
Good day Nairalanders, I was coming back from the mosque yesterday night after Isha and Tarawi prayer, I entered a keke napep from Hausa Quarter to Eboh when men of the Nigerian Police Stopped the Keke at warri Main Garage Junction, I was asked to come down as I was the only passenger, They seized my phone and ask me to enter their vehicle to which I refuse and that's how they went with my phone telling me to come to their station this morning. this is nothing but oppression and harassment. The Police Officers are from The A-Division in Warri, their patrol vehicle is white in colour and the phone is an Infinix Hot 2. I have called the Police CRU and they said they will see what they could do.
mods move this to FP please let the world know how evil they are.
I am Daladi Saidu

Even though ur story is incomplete, complicated and lack facts, trying to make front page shouldn't b the ultimate cus u can b prosecuted for such stories wen eventually arrested. I hope Police CRU takes immediate action on this. Something tells me did something OP
Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by SolaceAndexIII: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
liveshady:

Even though ur story is incomplete, complicated and lack facts, trying to make front page shouldn't b the ultimate cus u can b prosecuted for such stories wen eventually arrested. I hope Police CRU takes immediate action on this. Something tells me did something OP
it's like you have never had an encounter with Policemen especially here in Delta

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Be a gentleman and honour their invitation. Police is your friend.

Man.. you need to wake up from that purposeless dream of yours quick -- Unfortunately when you are dealing with patently illiterate and massively dubious Policemen - you can only carry along a lawyer and a group of people.. preferably in a bus carrying an NGO logo.

1: They will accuse you of running away from the scene of a robbery where you dropped your phone
2: They will use your phone to send text messages and make calls to robbery/kidnap syndicates to rope you in.
3: They will simply throw you behind the counter, strip you down to your dingaling and have cell mates beat the shiii out of you. you could even die in the cell
4:They demand a bail of N25,000 - N30,000 but usually will take N10k

The Nigerian Police.. both the educated and the illiterate ones... are just the same only one looks stupid and evil, and the other one looks smart and evil.

THE POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.. their prostituting daughters are grin grin grin

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by tellwisdom: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
SolaceAndexIII:

it's like you have never had an encounter with Policemen especially here in Delta
Leave that one jere..wetin small pikin know sad

13 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by baslone: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
JBismarck:

Nope, I was picked more than 3 times at night and didn't argue with them, I got to the station on two of those occasions and didn't pay a dime before I was released. That is Lagos police sha o, I don't know of Warri police.

Are you the A.I.G's son?

15 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Deenite(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
When going back, pls go with your fone recite, for your own safety. Cos dey may delete everything on it, and claim u are a phone theft suspect. And without d recite, u might b locked up sef. Talking from experience.

13 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Azeeztaophic(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Police, they will say no problem just follow us to station and answer some question , but when one get there you will see...and come to think of it y would they collect your phone , Abi they are mad ni. Ole .

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Abeyjide: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
for the police to have collected his phone and not forcing him to go with them, those guys police are criminal.

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by somrecords(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
everydayperson:

Man.. you need to wake up from that purposeless dream of yours quick -- Unfortunately when you are dealing with patently illiterate and massively dubious Policemen - you can only carry along a lawyer and a group of people.. preferably in a bus carrying an NGO logo.

1: They will accuse you of running away from the scene of a robbery where you dropped your phone
2: They will use your phone to send text messages and make calls to robbery/kidnap syndicates to rope you in.
3: They will simply throw you behind the counter, strip you down to your dingaling and have cell mates beat the shiii out of you. you could even die in the cell
4:They demand a bail of N25,000 - N30,000 but usually will take N10k

The Nigerian Police.. both the educated and the illiterate ones... are just the same only one looks stupid and evil, and the other one looks smart and evil.

THE POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.. their prostituting daughters are grin grin grin

SHOW ME A MAN WHO AVOIDS NIGERIAN POLICE LIKE "PLAGUE" AND I WILL SHOW U A MAN WHO WANTS TO LIVE LONG....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by deandavid(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
IT HAPPENS IN WARRI EVERYDAY, BECAUSE OF THE INCREASED CRIME RATE WITH KEKE, POLICE DO ROUTINE CHECKS, THEY EVEN GO THROUGH PHONES, OP, DID YOU SHOW THEM ANY FORM OF ID CARD? I WAS ALSO STOPPED LIKE THAT ON JAKPA ROAD, THEY WASTED MY TIME, ASKED ME FOR ID CARDS, THEY ASKED FOR THE RECEIPT OF THE PHONE, I TOLD THEM I DONT GO AROUND WITH RECEIPT OF MY PHONE, SO THEY ASKED ME TO GO GET MY ID CARD, THE PHONE RECEIPT TO CLEAR MY SELF AT THE EKPAN POLICE STATION, WHICH I DID, THOUGH VERY PAINFUL, I HAD TO GO ALL THE WAY TO OSUBI TO GET MY PARTICULARS AND WENT STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE STATION (ANTI ROBBERY UNIT), SHOWED THEM ALL THEY WANTED, THEY GAVE ME BACK MY PHONE. TILL TODAY THAT POLICE MAN BECOME MY FRIEND, WHENEVER I AM PASSING THROUGH JAPKA ROAD, I JUST HAIL THE MAN "OFFICER HOW FAR NA" HE WONT EVEN BOTHER STOPPING MY KEKE. MIND YOU I NO GIVE ANYBODY KOBO. SO BROS GO COLLECT YOUR PHONE NOTHING DEY HAPPEN, UNLESS YOU TIFF AM OR YOU BUY WITHOUT RECEIPT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by somrecords(m): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
THEY WILL FRAME U UP THE VERY MIN THE NEED MONEY OR NEED TO SAVE THEIR SKIN..

LIKE FIRM U WEY SURE SAY THEM KNOW OF UR INNOCENCE GO BEGIN BEG THEM MERCY

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by prinsam30: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
OP pls kindly tell this honourable court, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God.

tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by bigass123(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
When will Africans be free from this self imposed slavery. Where in the world is an army officer permitted to slap a civilian? Even the police is not allowed to get physical unless the suspect becomes violent. In sane societies police has no right to search your phone without a warrant, talk more of seizing it.
Had1zasaf:

NA only police own everybody dey hear,when army slap u,u keep quiet,there is more to this story joor

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
liveshady:

It's obvious u are dating a police man grin

16 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by somrecords(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
deandavid:
THEY WASTED MY TIME, ASKED ME FOR ID CARDS, THEY ASKED FOR THE RECEIPT OF THE PHONE, I TOLD THEM I DONT GO AROUND WITH RECEIPT OF MY PHONE, SO THEY ASKED ME TO GO GET MY ID CARD, THE PHONE RECEIPT TO CLEAR MY SELF AT THE EKPAN POLICE STATION, WHICH I DID, THOUGH VERY PAINFUL, I HAD TO GO ALL THE WAY TO OSUBI TO GET MY PARTICULARS AND WENT STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE STATION (ANTI ROBBERY UNIT), SHOWED THEM ALL THEY WANTED, THEY GAVE ME BACK MY PHONE. TILL TODAY THAT POLICE MAN BECOME MY FRIEND, WHENEVER I AM PASSING THROUGH JAPKA ROAD, I JUST HAIL THE MAN "OFFICER HOW FAR NA" HE WONT EVEN BOTHER STOPPING MY KEKE. MIND YOU I NO GIVE ANYBODY KOBO. SO BROS GO COLLECT YOUR PHONE NOTHING DEY HAPPEN, UNLESS YOU TIFF AM OR YOU BUY WITHOUT RECEIPT.

JOBLESSNESS...
WAS A PHONE LIKE URS REPORTED STOLEN....
AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE IMEL DETAILS

SO IF IM TO COME TO DELTA TOMORROW I WILL HAVE TO CARRY RECIPTS FOR MY LAPTOP AND PHONES.... SO THAT THIEVES CAN SMILE TO THE BANK WHEN IM ROBBED

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Harassed And My Phone Seized By The Police Yesterday. by streetzdreamz(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
dgr8truth:
I thought of opening a thread, to complain about the, extra judicial killings, harassment, oppression, and intimidation of the police in warri, effurun and udu.

What the op narrated is exactly what they do. They stop you, ask you to bring out your phone and the receipt. If the receipt of the phone is not on you sorry that is the end of the phone same thing with laptops and other electronics gadgets.

The nigerian police are actually our worse enemy. I was arrested about two years by men of the nigerian police by 7pm my offence according to them was buying cow meat by 7pm, a young man I met in the cell was arrested for illegal standing.
seriously man??illegal standing?? Cow meat at 7pm a crime? Omg that cracked me up real good,wetin person no go hear for this country,so one needs go everywhere with phone receipts??i thought that should be for heavy gadgets and not mobile stuffs like phones,later in dis country we'd be asked to move Around with our birth certs and state of origin certs,this is ridiculous!!the other day "a police officer" told me how another officer stashed a wrap of weed in his pocket in a crowded street while exchanging greetings,unknown to him that he was also an officer,i avoid this people like a plague!!! There was a church concert in ma hood some days back,and the police were invited for security purpose,one sat behind their van and was blazing real good with a rifle in his hands,its just so pathetic the kinda humans our lives are entrusted with.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Islamic cleric, three others arrested with human skull in Ogun State / Nigerian Man, Two Ugandan Women Arrested For Drug Trafficking In India / Killing Of Another Nigerian In South Africa, Unacceptable – Dabiri-erewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.