Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes (541 Views)

ASUU: FG To Present Terms At Meeting Today / An Open Letter To The University Management OAU, By Great Ife Students Union / Common Terms And Popular Places In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes by Soskid(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
OSE-IGBERAGA AND IFE-IGBEYIN ………. By Adeleke Sodiq Olalekan
Ose-Igberaga and Ife-Igbeyin are two distinct terms that can only be understood by those who have undergone the Great Ife system. Ose-igberaga is basically the first week of resumption (though to some it takes longer) when you can afford almost everything sold on campus while Ife-Igbeyin is the point when you are as poor as a lonely tree growing in the desert and that is the point when you appreciate the taste of garri and all the nutritional value inherent (If at all there is any).
Like I said earlier, Ose-Igberaga is that part of the semester when you can afford almost everything sold on campus especially ostentatious stuffs. It’s a point when you can hardly differentiate between those from affluent homes and those from the opposite because everybody is financially okay. At this point, Your foodstuff is intact, your look is fresh and above all, your pocket is filled to the brim. I remember an experience around 2010. It was the first day of resumption and I set out to enjoy the life of my head when I stumbled on Yinka (pseudonym), a roommate who was on the same mission of purchasing suya. My mouth was left wide opened when Yinka who was unaware of my presence ordered for N400 suya. Miraculously, Yinka begged for groundnut oil two weeks later. Within the spate of two weeks, he has succeeded in graduating from Ose-Igberaga to Ife-Igbeyin.
Ife-Igbeyin is that part of the semester when your wretchedness is unthinkable. At this point, you don’t mind begging from your enemy. You stop taking bike to class, you resort to water supplied by the school management (Omi Omole) instead of sachet water, garri becomes your best food, and you ration your foodstuff by measuring.
May we not experience Ife-Igbeyin in our lives. Great Ife.

Re: Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes by Soskid(m): 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes by Olalan(m): 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Though most students fall into this situations but I attribute it to indiscipline and stupidity in financial matters. If you plan well you spend with caution from the first day of resumption.
Re: Two Terms That Can Only Be Understood By Great Ifes by Soskid(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
Olalan:
Though most students fall into this situations but I attribute it to indiscipline and stupidity in financial matters. If you plan well you spend with caution from the first day of resumption.

You're right

(1) (Reply)

JAMB On Monday Announced The Release Of Its Guidelines For Admission Process / Necessary Requirements For A Successful Admission Screening / Dont Miss Out This Bill Gates Scholarship Money (from Sept To December).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.