Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Before You Buy Non Removable Replacement Battery, Ensure The Mah Is Original - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Buy Non Removable Replacement Battery, Ensure The Mah Is Original (1880 Views)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Buy Non Removable Replacement Battery, Ensure The Mah Is Original by Joel3(m): 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
I went to smartphone market yesterday to see if I can get a 5000mAh replacement battery for my 7 inch tab.

my tab has a non removable 3000mAh battery by it manufacturer and I wanted to custom replace the battery with a more bigger battery of 5000mAh or more.

when I uncase the tab. the battery has a two wire. one is red and the other is black. these wired were soldered to the phone panel. and the battery itself was glued to the body as it will prevent it from shaking inside. been the fact I am good in technician I don't see this to be a problem for me to do or achieve. I only want my custom made tab to be juicy sufficient enough for long lasting surfing.

yesterday the only non removable & replacement bigger battery I could find is tag at 3800 mAh. although the guy said both fixing is N4000. but i was not satisfied with the battery power outage at 3800mAh. my concerns was that there won't be much different from the original one which is 3000mAh.

and another thing is that my original battery is bigger in size dimension than it. although the guy said it's not by big in size that the battery will definitely perform more than my original one.

another fear is that the battery might not be 3800 which it claimed to be. the manufacturer can easily manipulate it by written 3.7 v 3800mAh and the capacity might just be 2000mAh. don't ever trust the Chinese.

if only my original battery could last me there wouldn't have been a need to custom made the battery.

Before You Buy The Next Phone.

before buying a phone you shouldn't look only for phone with bigger mAh. but rather look for it discharge rate. battery usage is calculated by discharging rate.

Well, if you want to be pedantic about proper unit abbreviations, then "mah" doesn't mean anything. But "mAh" with a capital A is an abbreviation for "milliampere hour." This is a unit of electric charge , and it's the most common way to express the capacity of small batteries. (Bigger batteries are labeled in ampere hours; 1 Ah = 1000 mAh.) You can calculate the capacity of a battery by multiplying the discharge current by the duration of time that the battery can supply that much current.

Very roughly , a 1000 mAh battery can supply 1000 mAh for one hour, or 100 mAh for ten hours, or 10 mAh for 100 hours, but this is a simplification since the capacity of the battery depends on the discharge rate. (How much it changes depends on the type of battery.) So a rating of 1000 mAh is actually an incomplete description of the battery's capacity for a phone unless you also know the corresponding discharge rate.

mAh merely stands for milli amps per hour which tells the capacity of battery. 5000 mAh can store more energy than 4200mAh battery and 6000mAh can store more energy than 5000mAh battery.

You really need to consider two things when changing smartphone battery:

1. mAh: mAh has to be original and not fake. How much current your battery can pump out should be known. If your new battery has low mAh than old battery then it will lose its energy very quickly than your old battery.

2. Voltage:
This is an another factor you need to take a look. Voltage should be same as that of old battery. If you choose low volt battery than old battery has then it will not have enough potential to move up electrons ( charge ) to lit up the device. Also your charger will blow your battery because that adapter has more voltage rating than your new one.

If you choose battery with high rating than old one, then your adapter will feel difficult to charge up your battery or it may not charge your battery. Battery will damage the phone since it has the capacity to bear rated voltage not the new( high) voltage that comes from your new battery.

So choose same voltage as well.
So check twice or thrice the rating voltage and current before use it. If all conditions are satisfied, it has an eligibility to be used in your smartphone.
Re: Before You Buy Non Removable Replacement Battery, Ensure The Mah Is Original by osenbarak: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
nice one
Re: Before You Buy Non Removable Replacement Battery, Ensure The Mah Is Original by kolexepana: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
Anyone could be deceived.

(1) (Reply)

My Phone Conversation With A Bvn Scammer This Evening / Tecno F3[REVIEW] / Good Android Phone I Can Get For 80k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.