Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics (21975 Views)

Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Adelakun Adeoye Pushing His Spoilt Car On Road (Pics) / Amaka Osakwe Blasts Ambode "For Demolishing Her Shop Without Notice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by Google63(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by Lucasbalo(m): 8:32am On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
How come nobody has thanked me for doing my work very diligently too?

It is his duty or is he not the one that collects N6B+ monthly Revenue Allocation from the Federal Government coupled with billions internally generated by Lagos State monthly?

If I hear!
You are absolutely right about that. The problem is that most Nigeria politicians are so worthless that the ones that do what they are elected to do are being lionised. No wonder the country is a mess.

2 Likes

Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by LexxieleE(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2016
blackjah:
Eko o ni baje ooo
its is nw itesiwaju eko, no longer eko oni baje. Gud 1 though
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2016
alizma:

are you blind to see that things are getting better in Nigeria? we are talking about a complaint made by a Nigerian just like myself or you, about bad spot on the road and repair was carried out the following day.
in fact the complaint was made through social media not necessarily the old pattern of former letter through security to the Secretary, to the senior secretary, to the governor's special adviser on this or that .
kudos to Ambode
Well thank you for being matured and not resulting to insults.My take.Go t are elected by us to do work.we should only thank them when they do more than expected my question today has he done Moore than expected in your own view? ?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2016
DIVINE78:

Wailer/ipob spotted.
Backwardness is a plague in Nigeria due to lack of exposure.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by SirAweezy(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2016
That spot is still there oo those people just came todo abracadabra lol
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by alizma: 8:41am On Jun 19, 2016
erico2k2:

Well thank you for being matured and not resulting to insults.My take.Go t are elected by us to do work.we should only thank them when they do more than expected my question today has he done Moore than expected in your own view? ?
in this particular case I will say he has done more than expected. A typical Nigeria man would have tell you that things like this happen only in US, I mean a situation where I see something bad on the road while on my way home, pick my phone and call on government attention via a post on social media, low and behold I got to the same spot the following day and the bad road is all fixed. common let's appreciate good thing when we see it.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Damalex4luv:

Shut up! Though he's IPOB but he's got more brain than you. He only commended Ambode because of his quick response in repairing that road. Yes he's paid to do that but could have ignored it and focus on some other project.
Improve ur argument rather than insult people. That frame of mind you have is what thieving politicians are thriving on hence the likes of you are backward and ignorant. So blind that you get fed peanuts you turn it into a street food festival. When would the likes of you begin to hold govt accountable and let them know we put them there to work.Dont you pay tax on your car?just imagin if all the tax each car pays in Lagos is used to repair one bad spot at a time .Govt are meant to be thanked when they exceed expectations. Question to you this morning has your governor exceeded your expectations?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
alizma:

in this particular case I will say he has done more than expected. A typical Nigeria man would have tell you that things like this happen only in US, I mean a situation where I see something bad on the road while on my way home, pick my phone and call on government attention via a post on social media, low and behold I got to the same spot the following day and the bad road is all fixed. common let's appreciate good thing when we see it.
Ok I go e you that and it's your opinion others might differ. It's very important to respect other people's opinion to me if that's your expectations then it falls short of mine and so does most government in Nigeria.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by cutekhalifa(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2016
In America even an ordinary mayor can repair this road without any complain or anyone hearing of it....

The worst thing OBJ did to us is telecommunication, if not I wonder how I go take read dis rubbish

NEXT
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by Kaymus(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=ZUBY77 post=46709261]

What good gesture?
What else did you put him there to do?
How much of his money went in there?
Why is black man so idiotic?
He should have been impeached for not doing that long time ago.
But here we are, praising him for doing what we pay him to do.

Why don't you go and impeach him? Why didn't you take him to court all this while? Olodo like you! Na oyinbo country we dey?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by smtx(m): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2016
spako4:
Ambode is working and Lagos is moving.

For patching pot hole? cry
spako4:
Ambode is working and Lagos is moving.

For patching pot hole?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by hazyfm1: 10:24am On Jun 19, 2016
erico2k2:

Thanking a person who did what they are paid to do na wahhh

Why not thank your IPOB Governors embezzling funds meant for roads. Muntula2
erico2k2:

erico2k2:

Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by Janet101(f): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2016
ZUBY77:

What good gesture?
What else did you put him there to do?
How much of his money went in there?
Why is black man so idiotic?
He should have been impeached for not doing that long time ago.
But here we are, praising him for doing what we pay him to do.

"Why is black man so idiotic? Am sure u can answer d question too.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by hazyfm1: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2016
erico2k2:
Why not thank your IPOB Governors embezzling funds meant for roads. Mumu
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2016
Road wasn't fixed joor, they leveled it quite alright, but left with a speed breaker of some sort. Traffic on the road is worse right now. Smh
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Jun 19, 2016
hazyfm1:

For your own sanity sake I'm not IPOB and not Igbo
See where tribal sentiment is heading you into?or you are just dull in the Geographical diversity of Nigeria?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by laytoshtwo: 11:36am On Jun 19, 2016
If ypu are not staying in that area,you dont understand what we are talking about.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by amtaken(f): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2016
They praise someone so much for doing a job he benefits so much from and stand to benefit for life like we all don't work too.

Lucasbalo:
You are absolutely right about that. The problem is that most Nigeria politicians are so worthless that the ones that do what they are elected to do are being lionised. No wonder the country is a mess.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by amtaken(f): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2016
I guess he needs to wait for someone to remind him to take his monthly salary and allowances via twitter too. Mxm.
Adekorya:

Hey guys, what did you do with your objectivity?

Probably he was not aware of that road condition and someone took it upon himself to notify him through his twitter handle, and he got the message and repaired the road which is very good example of a government that listen to d cry of his people.

And if you think that is not good a gesture you also should try and reach to your governor on twitter, and see if your message will even be read talk-less of bn work on.

1 Like

Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by Deen77: 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ambode good work.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
hazyfm1:

Why not thank your IPOB Governors embezzling funds meant for roads. Mumu
So anyone who says anything against anyone from the North is an IPOB right? how about if I was from Kanu state
I can understand that the recent hardship in Nigeria is making most of us think under teh Box instead of out of the Box angry
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
I guess he needs to wait for someone to remind him to take his monthly salary and allowances via twitter too. Mxm.
Well for the mind frame of most people here that seem to be the case
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 1:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
ShakurM:
Thanking him affected your ego?
No affects ur development cos thats the limit to what you lot expect from him
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by erico2k2(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
bot101:

Yes, because that is you responsibility as a patriotic citizen. They can't be everywhere everytime.
Oh plz, there are people paid in your local govt who are responsible for early intervention of things like this.They sit there and do nothing, don't you have a counselor,? is that not part of his JOB
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by ROZZAYY(f): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
yessso I'm a living witness spent 3hrs on Thur and Fri night thank you to whoever fixed the road
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by wristbangle: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
amtaken:
How come nobody has thanked me for doing my work very diligently too?

It is his duty or is he not the one that collects N6B+ monthly Revenue Allocation from the Federal Government coupled with billions internally generated by Lagos State monthly?

If I hear!

What have u done to merit such compliment at the bolded?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by amtaken(f): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
Don't compare me to yourself.

wristbangle:

What have u done to merit such compliment at the bolded?
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
ROZZAYY:
yessso I'm a living witness spent 3hrs on Thur and Fri night thank you to whoever fixed the road
the traffic is now worse, don't no what they mean by fixing a road.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by DBlackCeazer(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
SirAweezy:
That spot is still there oo those people just came todo abracadabra lol
true,I think Akins management ran the said job.And from the experience I ve had running their Street lights,they are really disorganised.
Re: Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics by drewcougar: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
Abeg, Nigerians should stop being silly joor. Thanking Ambode for repairing one small spot on the road How is that work? Is that the real issue?

I have lived in Addo - Badore for over 5 years and we have complained about several things over the years and are still complaining. That very spot was still an issue last year and the year before. It is definitely not the case of complaining yesterday and having it fixed today because we have been complaining since.

This past week was not the first time I was getting home at 12 midinght because of that very spot. And to top it all off, the road constructors drove past two other bad spots on the road, one at the u-turn before Akins bustop and the other at Okeira-nla bustop (a few meters in front of the spot they fixed). What would it have taken to just permanently fix those too. They want to wait until they become as bad as the spot they just fixed before they roll in to "save the day" again??

There is also a hole at Addo roundabout that shows up every couple of months and gets wider and wider (like it is doing right now) until it becomes a problem that they finally come to patch up.

Lets not be fickle. We dont vote these people in to come and help us patch roads. We need them to be thinking of permanent solutions for these sort of problems.

How can there be only one workable road in and out of Addo-Badore? No alternative routes that are driveable so everyone has to come out through Addo road. Whenever something happens to Addo road we are all made to suffer (and there is a huge massive community in Addo, Badore and Langbasa).

If Ambode is looking to appreciated for doing work, then he should do the Okeira-nla road linking to the express at Abraham Adesanya. He should revamp the "Newly built" boat terminal at the end of Badore so that people can have an alternative out of the area. And he should complete the coastal road that runs from VI all the way to Epe so that traffic can be moved off the Lekki-Epe expressway.

That would be something I can applaud and not fixing on spot on the road that is no bigger than my living room. Afterall, are we not all already helping the government to do our roads in the area. I dont hear Ambode congratulating all the landlord associations for helping him fix up roads that he was meant to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu Seeks Waiver For Islamic Board: CAN, Labour, Rights Activist Kick / EndSARS Protest Hits Jos / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.