Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. (1762 Views)

Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It / Top 3 Reasons People Go Broke Before Month End - How To Avoid It / Are You Tired Of Finishing Your Salary Before "Payday"?or Borrowing For Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by driveiwe(m): 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
10 reasons you're always broke before payday
Why is it we're always counting the hours until that life-changing SMS from the bank? Most of us know the feeling.
You have to survive 30 days before pay day, and you have pretty much nothing left in your bank account.
It's incredible how we're able to survive those last few days on almost nothing, but the first few days after payday, we think we're the Wolf of Wall Street!
So, here are a few reasons why most of us are completely broke at the end of the month:
1 ) Living a fake life

Some folks try to impress a date by posing to be amongst the elites, some go as far as borrowing cars, clothes, even phones just to impress a lady. You take the date to a restaurant that the bills are almost half of your pay.mind you the quality ought to be in you and not on you, so be yourself.
2) Chasing after brands

If you never have any money left at the end of the month and you're living on 2-minute noodles on toast for the last week, but wearing a pair of designer shorts you bought on credit, you're silly. Sort yourself out! The other shorts at the other shop that looked the same were just as good.
3) Impulse Shopping

If you're buying something you don't really need just because it's N200 less, doesn't mean you're saving money. It means you're spending it! Stop! Sit down!
4) Mobile data charges.

Once again, to a certain extent, pretty much unavoidable. But, even here you can make a few changes. If you're refreshing Facebook on your phone every 17 seconds, stop! Also, that adorable app/games can wait until you're at work and hooked up to their WiFi!
5) Spending Money Before You Have it.

That contracted job that was offered to you at the pub or on the golf course last week doesn't mean you have the money already. Sit down! Do the work, get the pay and then spend the money.
6) Drinks after work.

Let's face it. If you're heading to the pub after work every other day, you can make some changes here. Make a rule: Never go to the pub on a week night.
7) Refusing to budget for each month...

Now if nations draw out budget to enhance a smooth spending of it's finances, don't u think it's wise to adopt such strategy. budget helps u keep your income in check.
coolMaking of unnecessary calls.

My dear this aspect is quite sensitive because 98% of us are guilty of it.but sit down and calculate how much you spend on airtime in a year, I bet it will beat your imagination, how much you could had saved if calls where limited.

9) Being Generous To A Fault.

Generosity is awesome and Godly, but when you dash out that money remember your budget for the month.
Finally And Most importantly

10) Always give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser and to God what belongs to God. PAY YOUR TITHE AND GIVE YOUR OFFERINGS TO THE LORD.because He will help u chase out the devourer.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by ikbnice(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
4 and 5
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by falconey(m): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
hmmm...... this is a great piece with interesting hypotheses.
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by talk2alabama: 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Patronizing olosho frequently
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by ronald4lif(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nice one. Failure to plan is planning to fail. Every employee who doesn't have a schema on their monthly expenses may likely run broke before payday. Impulse spending is one of the most susceptible means to drain one's wages.

Used to be guilty not until last year when I resolved not to spend above the amount I've earmarked to spend monthly. Being prudent and calculative by devising a plan on how much you spend and save is vital to sustaining one's wages and savings for every month.
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by ronald4lif(m): 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
talk2alabama:
Patronizing olosho frequently

LOL. Having girlfriend(s) too.
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by talk2alabama: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
ronald4lif:

the sex is free.. girfriend has got a job too wink
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by falconey(m): 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
ronald4lif:

even more costly than patronising prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by falconey(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
ronald4lif:
Nice one. Failure to plan is planning to fail. Every employee who doesn't have a schema on their monthly expenses may likely run broke before payday. Impulse spending is one of the most susceptible means to drain one's wages.

Used to be guilty not until last year when I resolved not to spend above the amount I've earmarked to spend monthly. Being prudent and calculative by devising a plan on how much you spend and save is vital to sustaining one's wages and savings for every month.

I am fascinated how you manage to plan it and execute it considering expenses upon expenses come up .
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by ronald4lif(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
falconey:

I am fascinated how you manage to plan it and execute it considering expenses upon expenses come up .

I think it all depends on your salary structure and wages. When it's higher it becomes easier to plan but when not it becomes one strenuous exercise. There are just some salary that no matter how hard you try to economise or plan it won't stop one from going broke before payday.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wrong section!
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by DRISKLEF(m): 10:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
hmmm...
Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by magmack: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
I think ds situation has been on d rise due to general rise in price level without corresponding pay rise. It is better people narrow their spending to basic needs,eg transportation, rent, feeding, clothing (not trendy fashion). Costs should be cut on unneccessary subscriptions (DSTV,data plans etc).

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by lalasticlala(m): 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
Op Nice article. But it looks plagiarized https://www.ecr.co.za/shows/east-coast-drive/10-reasons-youre-always-broke-payday/

It would have made sense if you had written it in ur own words totally.
Nice topic

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons You're Always Broke Before Payday. by Ademat7(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
lalasticlala:
Op Nice article. But it looks plagiarized https://www.ecr.co.za/shows/east-coast-drive/10-reasons-youre-always-broke-payday/

It would have made sense if you had written it in ur own words totally.
Nice topic
lalasticlala do u consider academic as a career? we share common trait in plagiarism issue though I'm not into academic

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Salary Structure / Best Places To Work In Nigeria / Which Is D Best: B.sc PHYSIOTHERAPY Or B.sc NURSING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.