Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… (17509 Views)

Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons. / Bread Prices Rise 25 Percent On Input Cost / Fighting For Bread At Shoprite (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by vicostyles(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chief Simeon Abanulor, the National Chairman, Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria has said an increase in the price of bread, one of the most popular staple in Nigeria is inevitable if bakers are to remain in business.
Abanulor said this at a news conference in Umuahia on Friday
He said that the cost of raw materials, such as flour and sugar had skyrocketed and that bakers in the country had been operating at a loss.

He added that “we are helpless because the price of raw materials ranging from flour to sugar, wheat and butter, has gone up.

“It is therefore imperative that for us to remain in business, we will have to increase the price of bread.”
The chairman explained that the Association at a meeting with flour producers appealed to them to review the price of flour downward.

“However, they told us that there is nothing they can do because the Federal Government is not giving them foreign exchange and that they source it by themselves at the parallel market.

“They maintained that they cannot sell below their cost price.”

Abanulor then explained why it had been difficult for bakers to produce bread with cassava flour.
According to him, the Federal Government is yet to provide bakers with an improver called Enzyme that will enhance the cassava flour.

He said “you cannot bake cassava bread without an improver, it will not work.
“Our challenge is that we reached an agreement with the Federal Government that they are going to give us an improver.

“There are lots of potential in cassava flour but the problem is that government cannot provide us with improver.”
http://www.metronews.com.ng/2016/06/18/nigerians-pay-bread/
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by ikbnice(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
At my location in Ondo State. The price of bread has increased since last week. Everything is on the increase now. That's the effect of the current Nigerian economic situation.

30 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by lytech1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Come rain come shine...
Nigerians will survive...

Increase in price of everything!!!

While they keep telling us they care,they understand our hardship..

God is watching you

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by feldido(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Na today? We don de buy bread at d increased rate since January,if dem like make dem increase, kpatakpata na garri we go soak.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Standing5(m): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2016
Everybody unionizing to maximize profit. Very soon Association of Money Spenders will emerge and regulate price with hunger strike.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by mikolo80: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2016
Abeg can wheat grow in forest region

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by marwanafrica: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2016
God dey, na so wuna take do that of pure water up 2 now e still dey 10 naira, now na bread

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by futurenix(m): 2:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Is Dangote sugar and flour also having this acclaimed price increase? If yes thats totally unacceptable considering he has been securing forex from CBN at official rate while others don't.

In fact the prices of these items for dangote's product should be reduced instead.

I and my employees have been out of business since February so dangote can access forex and just when the CBN announced devaluation he has increased price.

Someone should please tell me dangote's sugar and flour are not part of this increment. Is that even a possibility cause he seems to have monopoly over these items at present.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 19, 2016
I eat bread everyday. It is a must.
#BreadNeverFailsYou

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by sinistermind(m): 4:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Well, like I will always say, i'm fated to be a Nigerian. And this is a price I have to pay for been a Nigerian... very soon cost of air go skyrocket.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by VocalWalls: 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
What has osinbajo got to say?
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by haibe(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Arent we paying more already? Na 230 dem dey sell slice bread for here now.. no more 200

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by adebrave1(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Na to find alternative oh.

Happy Sunday to y'all
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Revolva(m): 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Bread don cost oo make dem no kill us forr naija

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by jauntty: 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Na to dey chop puff - puff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by doublewisdom: 8:47am On Jun 19, 2016
So Buhari scatter naija finish run go West Germany abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Coolgent(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Who care?
I can spent a month without bread

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Wow! One Step Backward, Yale Biscuit Nd Tea Loading, Or Puff Puff Nd Tea, All Na Flour. Hehehehe Wailers Food Is Ready.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
D price has increased since last month in ma location... so it's nt a news to me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by massinola(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Bread again? have they removed subsidy from bread too? any body who's giving him/herself false hope that things will be better in six months as these people promised has not seen anything yet. this is how I laugh when I see this kind of news

19 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by eazydon(m): 8:49am On Jun 19, 2016
Too bad
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nicur: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2016
Kudos to Buhari!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 19, 2016
futurenix:
Is Dangote sugar and flour also having this acclaimed price increase? If yes thats totally unacceptable considering he has been securing forex from CBN at official rate while others don't.

In fact the prices of these items for dangote's product should be reduced instead.

I and my employees have been out of business since February so dangote can access forex and just when the CBN announced devaluation he has increased price.

Someone should please tell me dangote's sugar and flour are not part of this increment. Is that even a possibility cause he seems to have monopoly over these items at present.

Its like you forget what country you're in.
There are people who will just take advantage of every and anything even when they don't need to

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by solstims(m): 8:53am On Jun 19, 2016
It feels gud commenting on this forum. Happy sunday to ya all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by wildchild1: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2016
So $ Don affect bread now...hmmm
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Benblaq(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2016
Millerz:
I eat bread everyday. It is a must.
#BreadNeverFailsYou
who ask u? Bizzybee
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by powerfulsettingz: 8:56am On Jun 19, 2016
rice- gone
Garri - gone
Kerosine - gone

And now bread is leaving

What's next
Millitancy that's the only language our government seems to understand

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by teepsee(f): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Who is this one deceiving, something that the quantity and quality has dropped like some women boobs. This one he is talking is just for talking sake
Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by amclimax(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Profit making is allows allowed.....buhari which way?
If buhari cant hear the masses cry due to ear infection maybe they should write it down for him abi baba no fit read? grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by CAPSLOCKED: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2016
ONCE,
A VERY GOOD CHRISTIAN QUOTED THAT..

"MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD".

IN THE PAST FEW CENTURIES CHRISTIANS HAVE BEEN REASONABLE ENOUGH, TO "SUBCONSCIOUSLY" IGNORE THE EXISTENCE OF SUCH STATEMENT. .. SO AS TO NOT STARVE TO DEATH FOR RELIGION'S FREAKING SAKE!

HAPPY SUNDAY!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by canalily(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2016
We shall survive the hardship. There is biscuit and groundnut. A loaf of bread of #250 is currently sold at #500.angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Would Have To Pay More For Bread… by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 19, 2016
When in first realized myself, bread was #30. The big one was #50. embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Way To Make Afang Soup This Christmas. / We Are Dying In Calabar. A Cup Of Garri Is Now N250. Who Do Us? / Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.