Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Steps To Self Realisation - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Steps To Self Realisation (594 Views)

How To Self-improve As An Individual / My Internship Experience: A Journey To Self Realization / Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps To Self Realisation by Olafeazy(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
I was out with a friend a day ago, to cool down after a very stressful week at one of our usual joints, we made our order for chicken pepper soup and some chilled drinks, it was very much needed and need I say, it was a very nice time out; not because of the expertise of the woman in making the pepper soup, but of some very nice discussions my friend and I had over a couple of drinks. wink wink

As we got talking, I asked, hey, what is the most important thing to you in life? It took something sort of minutes to give a reply, in the end I heard "money and a good job" I gave a nod, and asked a follow-up question, what things are you doing or have you done to make it happen? I got a vague answer, "I'm just trying my best, but till next year after service, that's when I'll really know what's up." shocked shocked undecided

If you do not know what is important to you, how then can you have a concrete plan on achieving it? You should realise today dear reader, that the future is here upon you, and whatever you choose to make of it is what the world will know about you in the coming years of your life, thus, you should determine what really is the most important thing for you. cool cool

As I round up this piece, let me give you some guidance to determining what really is important to you, so you can start thinking of things that will make it work out. Now take a very comfortable position while I ask you the following questions kiss

1. What are you passionate about?
2. What makes the majority of your daily thoughts?
3. When you grow old, what is it that you would have done or achieved, and then beat your chest and say I'm a success?

Do not rush at answering those questions, take your time to do a thorough soul searching. Knowing what is most important to you is the first step in living a successful life, the next is working towards achieving it. It is never too late, it lies in your hands wether you are ready or not to make your life on earth count. smiley smiley
Re: Steps To Self Realisation by vnlabor(f): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks for your sharing. I'd like to dig deeper: Should or shouldn't follow your passion?
Hope this helps!

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government And HUAWEI Partnership Program / Rich Dad Poor Dad :what The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money,that The Poor Dont / Personal Assistant Needed. Good Pay And Not Stressful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.