Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison (577 Views)

Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un / Marisa Papen, Model Jailed Over Nude Photoshoot At Egyptian Temple / Hissene Habre Sentenced To Life Imprisonment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Johnnyessence(m): 5:05am On Jun 19, 2016
The former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi was sentenced to life imprisonment following an espionage trial in an Egyptian court.

Mr. Morsi was deposed as Egypt’s head of state in 2013 following intense public demonstrations against his rule and religious policies. He was one of seven people sentenced for allegedly passing state secrets to Qatar, according to The Independent newspaper in the United Kingdom.

Amnesty International condemned all these trials as “fundamentally unfair.” Included within these trials were two Al Jazeera journalists who were sentenced to death in absentia.

Prior to this trial, Mr. Morsi was already sentenced to death and life imprisonment in separate court cases, according to the BBC.

The verdict of Mr. Morsi’s trial follows intense criticism from the public that the Egyptian judicial system is corrupt. The BBC reports that “tens of thousand of people are believed to have been jailed by Egyptian authorities, most of them supporters of Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood.”http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/18/former-egyptian-president-mohammed-morsi-sentenced-life-prison

Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by code11(m): 5:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Wow. I know this type of thing can never happen in Nigeria. We have our past evil leader walking the street free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Johnnyessence(m): 5:06am On Jun 19, 2016
our judiciary should do d needful in nigeria oo.
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by mysteriousman(m): 5:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Hmm... in sane and organized societies this is possible but not in a tribalised and politicised nation like mine filled with hypocrites and people only after their selfish aggrandisement and the protection of the group they represent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by ikbnice(m): 5:29am On Jun 19, 2016
How I wish most of these pot-bellied heartless politicians of ours be dumped in prison for life to clear up the offensive odour emanating from their corrupt lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Johnnyessence(m): 5:36am On Jun 19, 2016
ikbnice:
How I wish most of these pot-bellied heartless politicians of ours be dumped in prison for life to clear up the offensive odour emanating from their corrupt lives.
yes soooo
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Johnnyessence(m): 5:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Morsi once the president of Egypt,.did not render Egypt's military useless or destroy the economy through corruption yet, he gets a life sentence. If it were to be in Nigeria, half of the population will be creaming witch hunting or vendetta. Many more will be saying, why jail such a big man life.This is a lesson to all, GEJ be warned.Gej should be probe.

1 Like

Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by ikbnice(m): 5:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Johnnyessence:
yes soooo
But I don't think that would ever happen considering how far these cabals have personalized our judiciary system to the extend that they seem untouchable. Only God fit help us get there.
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 19, 2016
grin gooooood for you..........
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Tunechi1(m): 5:54am On Jun 19, 2016
So dem neva even close dis man case btw abeg check my signature jare
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 19, 2016
When will this happen in my dear Nigeria?
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Embosman: 7:31am On Jun 19, 2016
Wild wild west.
Re: Former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi Sentenced To Life In Prison by Johnnyessence(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2016
good judgement delivered by egypt judge.to hell with morsi.

(1) (Reply)

Corruption: China MP Sentenced To Death / T / Donald Trump Reveals His Plans For His First 100 Days And They Are Terrifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.