Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities (668 Views)

Jet Bombs Fulani Militia In Adamawa After They Massacred Villagers (Graphic Pic / Soldiers & Fulani Militia Clash In Bolon, Adamawa, Scores Killed (Graphic Pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Benue Community Again, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Nicur: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2016
By Solomon Ayado
— Jun 19, 2016 5:07 am | Leave a comment
Another dastardly attack by gunmen believed to be Fulani herdsmen has occurred in Logo local government area of Benue State, killing about 10 persons and displacing scores of farmers.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that the attacks occurred in Dusa and Jun villages of Turan council wards. Also, the assailants attacked the Gabo community in Nenzev ward, shot and killed persons including a community leader, women and children.

Eye witnesses said the gunmen invaded the communities through the forest near the areas and started shooting sporadically in the air. The incident happened in the night of Friday and at noon on Saturday.

Yesterday, hundreds of people in the attacked communities, both the young and aged, were seen trekking to the neighboring communities of Ugba Town and Abeda-Shitile Market to take refuge. The displaced persons have no shelter and food.

A member of the state’s house of assembly, representing Logo constituency and former chairman of the local government, Hon Terna-kester Kyenge, told LEADERSHIP Sunday that six persons including a community leader were killed in Gabo, Nenzev and one in Turan Council wards in the local government yesterday afternoon.

He condemned the attack, describing it as gruesome and barbaric but sued for peace and restraint and urged the state and federal governments to intervene in arresting the culprits and bring relief to the displaced.

“I visited Logo to commiserate with the bereaved families and met with the council leadership, traditional rulers and security agencies to find lasting solutions to the insurgence.

“I received the mutilated corpses and addressed hundreds of displaced people including women and children,” he said.

A former special assistant to Governor Gabriel Suswam on media, Chief Joseph Anawa, an indigene of the affected community, who escaped death by whiskers when he went home for a family meeting, narrated the ordeal, saying, “the attackers, Fulani herdsmen stormed the Gaambe-Tyiev area, Gwariche, Gabo, Iyonov in Nenzev and part of Ugondo communities, and they killed more than eight persons. They destroyed property in the places and several corpses of the deceased persons littered in the areas.”
http://linkis.com/leadership.ng/news/5/lkVqA
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Nicur: 7:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Omenka Libyans wan wipe out ur kinsmen oooh!!!!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by DjAndroid: 7:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Nicur:
Omenka Libyans wan wipe out ur kinsmen oooh!!!!
Can you imagine?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 19, 2016
Nigerians gave suffered in the hands of Fulani herdsmen and we have a president who doesn't care.

That one concern Omenka and his Benue people. Make them no near AlaIgbo angry because they would meet their match.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by freeze001(f): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2016
Too much insecurity. Bubu n crew must realise it's not all about the NE and boko haram. All lives are important and of great value. Let no one open their dirty mouths to say d Nigerian security situation has improved because of successfully suppressed news of attacks there just to justify stealing of funds in the name of rebuilding the NE.

Insecurity n danger is at an all time high in other regions and citizens are entitled to a peaceful life largely devoid of fear for life!

My deepest condolences to the deceased. cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 19, 2016
oo
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Abeymills(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2016
God punish buhari n all his zombie followers who glory n give support to dis killings yeye govt

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:16am On Jun 19, 2016
But, their governor was among the 19 northern state governors that said people shoud stop calling fulani herdsmen “Terrorists.”

[size=15pt]Gov. Ortom Na tOtO[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2016
Where is the moderator that placed a ban on me for speaking my mind about the Fulani Herds men?

I understand your frustration in life that being a moderator is the only serious responsibility you have ever had. I know it is intoxicating to you and in your opinion you have serious power in the virtual e-world called the internet. I understand the fact that you are ill read and as most Nigerian youths, half baked. I do understand your frustration for reading my satire to Cultists and Militants in my own region and not being able to comprehend it.

But like your fathers and uncles in power (Politician, Senators,Governors etc.), you use your power and flex your practically good for naught ability to place bans without recourse to a proper understanding and assessment of the matter.

My advise to you is to broaden your intellectual abilities and your reading comprehension skills. That Seun has taken a decision on making you a moderator, because you have nothing better or more lucrative or contributory to do in the society, should not be a highway towards the free exhibition of your crass and gross ignorance in writing styles. Hopefully after reading my posts you might get a little bit enlightened if you decide to drop your ego, read and learn.

Clearly, many of you Mods have problems comprising of wide ranging variety. I cannot list them all here but IGNORANCE and A FALSE SENSE OF SELF IMPORTANCE are major in the list.

I repeat (and I shall continue to repeat) , if Fulani herdsmen in Rivers State kill anyone, the right thing to do is for all armed groups to attack them so we will know they are not just cultists who kill themselves and other innocent Rivers Youths. The cultists, militants, egbesu boys etc. should know they have a match in Fulani Herdsmen and not to run about Killing and kidnapping. They should put themselves to better use and not run about committing crime.

As for the people of Logo and other villages, it is such an unfortunate situation that the State has not been able to protect its citizens from these "Libyans" who surprisingly have found enemies in the peoples of the Middle-belt and the some parts of the South East. No one seems to know what they want. If these are revenge killings, are those killed in the past few months not enough? It is beginning to look like ethnic cleansing than revenge killings for a few cows and herdsmen as claimed.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by hucienda: 8:38am On Jun 19, 2016
smh...

That state unfortunately has no governor.
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by yaki84: 8:42am On Jun 19, 2016
if to say benue is filled with omenkas, kyase, onankpa n the million zombies that support the cleansing i for say make libyans continue dey do their work but since innocent people wey no contribute for the menace we r facing today r involve i say may thunder, brimstone, fire, holyghost fire, better hammer fall on these libyan terrorist in Jesus name, amen.
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by Kyase(m): 9:10am On Jun 19, 2016
yaki84:
if to say benue is filled with omenkas, kyase, onankpa n the million zombies that support the cleansing i for say make libyans continue dey do their work but since innocent people wey no contribute for the menace we r facing today r involve i say may thunder, brimstone, fire, holyghost fire, better hammer fall on these libyan terrorist in Jesus name, amen.
God please dash am sense, Amen. embarassed
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by yaki84: 9:13am On Jun 19, 2016
Kyase:
God please dash am sense, Amen. embarassed

R u still alive?
glory be to God.
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Displaced As Fulani Militia Attack Benue Communities by kettle84(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2016
some miscreants on NL discredited the picture of fleeing women in Benue as fake, now see it that Fulani actually came to killl for real in Benue. Benue, are u people northerns? in 1967 you said you belong to the north. now see it that you have placed yourselves on the butcher table of Fulanis because you have been blinded from knowing where you belong.

(1) (Reply)

Turaki Adamawa A Business Person At Adamawa Plastics Factory / UK Voted To Leave EU, Any Hope For Lord Lugard's 1914 Amalgamation Of Nigeria? / Modu Sheriff Still PDP Chairman, Faction Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.