Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) (2823 Views)

Collection Of Funny Memes/savage Replys And Outrageous Posts. / 5 Lies Every Nigerian Woman Tells Her Man. / When Your Shadow Refuse To Participate In Your Lies (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
Naija parents love to discipline each and every child.
Our parents spanked us to keep in line. If spanking
didn’t work because some of us were too stubborn,
they told us stories that scared us straight.
“ Sometimes these stories are made up. Who
am I kidding? Most of them were made up!

Here are 5 major stories (lies, all lies!!) our
parents used to keep us in line back then:
1. Ojuju Calabar
I don’t know if Ojuju Calabar is the Nigerian version of
the Boogey man. Or maybe it’s a masquerade. All I
know is that in my house:
“ Ojuju Calabar will come and get any
disobedient and errant child.

Funny how we were all scared of Ojuju Calabar but
have never seen one. Even today!

1 Like

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
No 2 is coming soon
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
2. Fruit seeds growing out of your head [b]2. Fruit seeds growing out of your head [/b]2. Fruit seeds growing out of your head Every Nigerian child has heard a version of this one. Ever had your parents tell you that if you swallowed a seed (say orange seed) that an orange tree will grow out of your head after a week? Many Naija kids didn’t sleep because we were too worried about becoming a walking and talking orange tree.

1 Like

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by ANIEXTY(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank GOD am not a kid anymore.
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by LordZero(m): 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
if you rest your back on the wall while it's raining, ur skin will adhere to d wall and peel away from your body..

ur tooth will not grow back if u don't throw it on the roof with seven stones.

and they told some girls "if a boy should touch u, you'll get pregnant". . reminds me of one girl in my jss1 class then..

1 Like

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by LordZero(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
one a lighter note, i don't know how true this is oo

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by taiwokyle(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
No 2 got me crying for hours then, no joke. I'm still waiting for the orange tree to grow on my head
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
3. Coconut water and dullards
I’m sure the reason why many of us stayed away from
coconut and it’s water was because our parents told us
that coconut water makes children dull.

1 Like

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
I love chewing gum when i was a kid...My mother me i would become a lizard if i chew gum..anytime i see lizard am always afraid...
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
4. Sticky Gum in Stomachs

Remember when your parents told you that if you
swallowed gum, it would stick in your stomach and
cause problems? Yeah, we were all told that too.

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by Situation001(m): 5:21am On Jun 20, 2016
ok.. next..
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 6:11am On Jun 20, 2016
5. miss koi koi

Almost all were told this scary stories, to stop them from misbehaving, her heeled shoes (koi koi) would walk and knock on any stubborn childs door.. Lol!

1 Like

Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by mayortm001(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
where are d five stories nau?
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by kelvee(m): 8:12am On Jun 20, 2016
mayortm001:
where are d five stories nau?
Wat stories?
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by integritylady(f): 12:05am On Jun 21, 2016
kelvee:
5. miss koi koi

Almost all were told this scary stories, to stop them from misbehaving, her heeled shoes (koi koi) would walk and knock on any stubborn childs door.. Lol!
miss koi koi wasn't really told by our parents..... still don't know how that news circulated our boarding secondary schools(miss kokoka)"I remember those days in feggicolef"
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by 4rmthewest(m): 1:21am On Jun 21, 2016
U right...
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by Trueyarn(m): 6:36am On Jun 21, 2016
Telling us all our cutleries would go missing if we killed wall Geckos... grin grin grin
Re: 5 Outrageous Lies Every Nigerian Child Was Told-(photo) by mrlamdee88: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2016
kelvee:
3. Coconut water and dullards I’m sure the reason why many of us stayed away from coconut and it’s water was because our parents told us that coconut water makes children dull.

My dad still says that up till now..lol

(1) (Reply)

Lets Start The Annual Yabbing Competition / Mobinga's Website http://ntwyt.com / Man Runs Mad As His Girlfriend Invites Him To Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.